PDA

View Full Version : Hitler's Skull or High-Maintenance Turtle?

Len Snark
02-06-2010, 08:13 AM
This is a scenario out of Chuck Klosterman's first book that I found intriguing and I'm curious what you guys think:

Which would you rather do?

1) You are given a rare and exotic turtle that you must take care of for one year. It requires weekly maintenance that will take a few hours or it will die. If the turtle is not returned in good health, you will be fined half a million dollars. There is no reward if the turtle is given back in good health.

2) You must display Adolf Hitler's skull in your home, in your living room, in a spot that is easily visible. There must be a label that identifies the skull as such, but the sign must be apolitical--you are not allowed to make judgements regarding the skull, Hitler, or the Nazis. You must display the skull for one year; there is no reward for doing so.

Given the choice of one or the other, which do you choose? Why?

NathanDetroit
02-06-2010, 08:22 AM
definitely the skull. i can't even keep a plant alive for more than a couple weeks, let alone a high-maintenance reptile. anybody visiting my house wouldn't judge me for babysitting hitler's skull anyway.

Caley Tibbittz
02-06-2010, 08:36 AM
There is a reward for the second option -- you get to display Hitler's skull. That's awesome. Who the fuck wants to clean a turtle?

mike black
02-06-2010, 08:55 AM
There's no stipulation that it's returned in good shape? I'd piss on Hitler's skull.

dougmac
02-06-2010, 08:58 AM
the skull, the downside of the turtle scenario has worse consequences

panco
02-06-2010, 09:07 AM
The turtle. Like a Tamagotchi made of gold.

R0cketFr0g
02-06-2010, 10:10 AM
How is this even a contest? I fuck up with the turtle and I lose half a million dollars. I Use Hitler's skull as an ashtray and I don't lose half a million dollars.

Fuck that turtle.

Joe Kalicki
02-06-2010, 10:14 AM
I would love to own Hitler's skull, regardless.

Even though I don't like Chuck Klosterman, I will vote in your poll.

Caley Tibbittz
02-06-2010, 10:20 AM
How is this even a contest? I fuck up with the turtle and I lose half a million dollars. I Use Hitler's skull as an ashtray and I don't lose half a million dollars.

Fuck that turtle.

Wait, I can have sex with the turtle? I might have to rethink this...

R0cketFr0g
02-06-2010, 10:23 AM
Wait, I can have sex with the turtle? I might have to rethink this...

Shelly style.

Of course you can also do as you wish with Hitler's skull.

Eyehole style.

Adrian B AWESOME
02-06-2010, 10:26 AM
Fuck Chuck Klosterman. I can go somewhere with the skull in the house, not so much with the stupid turtle that's pure work and no reward.

Adrian B AWESOME
02-06-2010, 10:26 AM
Plus owning Hitler's skull is the most metal thing of all thing.

R0cketFr0g
02-06-2010, 10:28 AM
Fuck Chuck Klosterman. I can go somewhere with the skull in the house, not so much with the stupid turtle that's pure work and no reward.

Unless the turtle puts out.

Ryan Elliott
02-06-2010, 10:33 AM
Yep. Hitler's skull.

And since it doesn't matter if it's returned perfectly, I'd piss on it every single day.

Andrew
02-06-2010, 10:38 AM
Hitler's skull.

For one thing, you could try to make money off of charging people to see it. Museum style.

Secondly, depending on people's reactions, you'd be able to determine if any Neo-Nazis live in your neighborhood and then be able to deal with them accordingly. ;)