PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Travel Complaints

Greygor
01-08-2010, 02:47 AM
These are from last year but I was reminded of them by a comedy end of year show.

20 Ridiculous Holiday Complaints (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/picturegalleries/5005019/20-ridiculous-complaints-made-by-holidaymakers.html?image=1)

I must admit my two favourites were

"No-one told us there would be fish in the sea. The children were startled."

which should be read in a UK middle class woman's accent in your head (if that's possible), Brit posters will know what I mean

and

"On my holiday to Goa in India, I was disgusted to find that almost every restaurant served curry. I don't like spicy food at all."

I'm sometimes ashamed by my fellow countrymen :surrend:

dmh3000
01-08-2010, 04:25 AM
The beach was too sandy.

"No-one told us there would be fish in the sea. The children were startled."

"My fiancé and I booked a twin-bedded room but we were placed in a double-bedded room. We now hold you responsible for the fact that I find myself pregnant. This would not have happened if you had put us in the room that we booked."

Oh my God... though I find that third one amusing.

xyzzy
01-08-2010, 05:42 AM
Not to knock a funny article, but I'm pretty suspicious of unattributed complaints like this.

Greygor
01-08-2010, 05:49 AM
Not to knock a funny article, but I'm pretty suspicious of unattributed complaints like this.

They are sourced in other articles covering the same complaints - ABTA and/or Thomas Cook survey I believe

xyzzy
01-08-2010, 05:51 AM
They are sourced in other articles covering the same complaints - ABTA and/or Thomas Cook survey I believe

Good to know.