PDA

View Full Version : Michael Vick says he wants another dog

Thudpucker
01-02-2010, 08:11 AM
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/unleashed/2009/12/michael-vick-says-he-wants-another-dog-denies-having-electrocuted-pit-bulls-at-bad-newz-kennels.html

At a speaking engagement at a Boys and Girls Club in Newark, N.J., NFL star and convicted dogfighter Michael Vick said he wished he could have a dog again "more than anything in the world."

According to NBC New York, Vick told the assembled school-age children that he hopes to one day own another dog -- he's currently legally prohibited from doing so -- but that whether he'll be able to is "up to my judge at his discretion."

Interestingly, Vick declined an offer by BAD RAP, the Oakland-based rescue group that has worked to rehabilitate 10 of the dogs seized from his Bad Newz Kennels, to see the dogs when his team, the Philadelphia Eagles, played the Oakland Raiders in October.

During the Boys and Girls Club appearance -- which was arranged by the Humane Society of the United States, the group with which Vick has formed an unorthodox partnership on its anti-dogfighting campaign -- Vick also answered questions from the children about the Bad Newz operation and his part in it, the New Jersey Star-Ledger reports.

"Everything you read and everything you heard was true -- except for the electrocution," he said, referring to the widely repeated accusation that he electrocuted dogs that didn't perform well as fighters. "That never happened." (He didn't attempt to discredit reports of his involvement in other instances of animal cruelty at Bad Newz.)

When the partnership between Vick and the Humane Society was announced in May, even Humane Society President and CEO Wayne Pacelle said he couldn't be certain that the NFL star had noble intentions in working to combat dogfighting after his release from prison.

"I sat with the man, but I still don’t know what’s in his heart," Pacelle wrote on his blog. "He told me he did terrible things to dogs. He said he grew up with dogfighting as a boy, and that he never sufficiently questioned it as he grew into manhood.... He said this experience has been a trauma, and he’s changed forever. And he said he wants to show the American public that he is committed to helping combat this problem. He asked for an opportunity to help. I want to give him that opportunity."

Since his release from prison, Vick has made a number of appearances alongside Pacelle, advising young people to make good choices and avoid the pitfalls of peer pressure. Though he's referred to himself as "an animal rights advocate," the dogs he abused have rarely received more than a passing mention.

Rod Nunley
01-02-2010, 08:15 AM
As the owner of a rescued dog who had been abused all I can say is this: Michael Vick can go fuck himself.

Caley Tibbittz
01-02-2010, 08:16 AM
I bet O.J. Simpson would like another wife.

RebootedCorpse
01-02-2010, 08:19 AM
Susan Smith would like another child. And so on...

Ray G.
01-02-2010, 08:32 AM
Terry Nichols would just like to work with fertilizer and trucks again. It's his first love, you know.

Thudpucker
01-02-2010, 08:38 AM
To be fair Vick has said he had two kinds of dogs - house dogs and fighting dogs. The house dogs he loved and treated well, the fighting dogs he tortured and killed slowly.

All he wants back are the House dogs. That's reasonable right?

Kirblar
01-02-2010, 08:39 AM
That guy from Nigeria would like another pair of underpants and your social security number.

Jason California
01-02-2010, 08:49 AM
America is the land of second chances!

Rod Nunley
01-02-2010, 08:53 AM
America is the land of second chances!

I don't mind him getting his job back. He's paid his debt to society and should be able to go back to work.

But you don't let a pedophile work at a school. And you don't let a dog abuser have more dogs.

Spidey616
01-02-2010, 08:55 AM
:nonono2:

Jason California
01-02-2010, 09:01 AM
I don't mind him getting his job back. He's paid his debt to society and should be able to go back to work.

But you don't let a pedophile work at a school. And you don't let a dog abuser have more dogs.

wife beaters get second chances all the time, so a precedent has been set.

Fake Pat
01-02-2010, 09:06 AM
wife beaters get second chances all the time, so a precedent has been set.

Vick's already had many, many chances.

Jason California
01-02-2010, 09:12 AM
Vick's already had many, many chances.

Oh please, he was caught just that once. He said he is sorry after all, and only wants a house dog.

bartleby
01-02-2010, 09:14 AM
Oh please, he was caught just that once. He said he is sorry after all, and only wants a house dog.

They caught him once, but it was for multiple instances over several years. That's like saying that Tiger Woods got caught once for cheating.

Jason California
01-02-2010, 09:16 AM
They caught him once, but it was for multiple instances over several years. That's like saying that Tiger Woods got caught once for cheating.

It is funny. Sometimes it is as if no one pays attention to a board members previous posts on a subject.

bartleby
01-02-2010, 09:24 AM
It is funny. Sometimes it is as if no one pays attention to a board members previous posts on a subject.

If you're implying that I didn't put forth due diligence in seeking out people's opinions on Michael Vick and recording them in case it became an issue in the future, then I'd have to agree with you.

Jason California
01-02-2010, 09:31 AM
Yeah, nothing I posted was serious.

Ryan Elliott
01-02-2010, 10:39 AM
Go fuck yourself Vick.

Bedlam66
01-02-2010, 10:45 AM
I say Let him have a new Dog. First he has to Spend a week in one of those Rape Stations Being Sprayed Down with Bitch Heat Musk.

ZombieSpeedball
01-02-2010, 10:49 AM
I just considered the solution being giving him one of those robot dogs. But then I pictured him running some sort of Battlebots tournament in his basement. Then I laughed.

Foolish Mortal
01-02-2010, 10:52 AM
Oh, Michael Vick! You are such a silly, silly person!

Jason California
01-02-2010, 10:53 AM
"a bit on the darkside!"

lol

Beep Beep!
01-02-2010, 11:05 AM
That guy from Nigeria would like another pair of underpants and your social security number.
:rofl:

Foolish Mortal
01-02-2010, 11:07 AM
"a bit on the darkside!"

lol

:)

Gordon Chumway
01-03-2010, 09:33 AM
I bet Mephesto would give him One More Dog.