PDA

View Full Version : So what do we think is gonna happen in HoM #3? (spoilers)

Patton
06-27-2005, 07:07 AM
to "crack the internet in half"?

I have no clue but this has been hyped a lot. Quesada said he doesn't know which shock is bigger--HoM #3 or Young Avengers #5. I'm pumped for both.

But I can't even imagine what could be that big of a shock in a story that will basically be put back to normal--for the most part.

Any thoughts?

Rick_O
06-27-2005, 07:08 AM
Batman will Make an appearance.

Gregory
06-27-2005, 07:10 AM
Miracleman arrives, and his alter-ego is now Todd McSparling.

Raphael J
06-27-2005, 07:13 AM
That's a great question. I've honestly been wondering about it too. We've gotten two issues of build-up and I'm not sure if I can see such a huge effect occur in a single issue. I'm guessing it'll be a huge revelation that shows us how the House of M works or gives us some insight into one of the main players, but I honestly can't picture what it could be at all.

And yeah, Young Avengers 5 was amazing. Great stuff in that issue. I can only hope that House of M 3 will top it.

Patton
06-27-2005, 07:14 AM
That's a great question. I've honestly been wondering about it too. We've gotten two issues of build-up and I'm not sure if I can see such a huge effect occur in a single issue. I'm guessing it'll be a huge revelation that shows us how the House of M works or gives us some insight into one of the main players, but I honestly can't picture what it could be at all.

And yeah, Young Avengers 5 was amazing. Great stuff in that issue. I can only hope that House of M 3 will top it.you read it? is the last page mind blowing or just a good cliffhanger.

Shwicaz
06-27-2005, 07:16 AM
(nightcat)

Seriously, I don't even know. I can't even speculate. I just know that I am avoiding any spoilers till I read it, because I would like whatever/whoever it is/may be to be a surprise.

Ray G.
06-27-2005, 07:18 AM
The only thing I can think of that wouldn't be a letdown is Miracleman. Otherwise, I'm going to guess the death of a major character, such as Professor X.

Patton
06-27-2005, 07:20 AM
(nightcat)

Seriously, I don't even know. I can't even speculate. I just know that I am avoiding any spoilers till I read it, because I would like whatever/whoever it is/may be to be a surprise.
you gonna get to read it in two days aren't you you son of a bitch?

Patton
06-27-2005, 07:21 AM
The only thing I can think of that wouldn't be a letdown is Miracleman. Otherwise, I'm going to guess the death of a major character, such as Professor X.

Any death would seem so lame because we're in a different world that can easily undo itself. As would the return of a character that should be dead.

Miracleman would do it but--I dunno If I see this as the place to do it.

Raphael J
06-27-2005, 07:21 AM
you read it? is the last page mind blowing or just a good cliffhanger.

The whole issue is filled with great moments. Look for an old favorite (very cool way to bring this character back) to return, an explanation of Asgardian's powers, and the last page is a great cliffhanger, and for me was a little shocking (if I remember correctly).

Raphael J
06-27-2005, 07:22 AM
Any death would seem so lame because we're in a different world that can easily undo itself. As would the return of a character that should be dead.

Miracleman would do it but--I dunno If I see this as the place to do it.

But, according to Disassembled, all the stuff that's happening should be real. If people die, they are dead. They can't be brought back.

CraigM
06-27-2005, 07:22 AM
I doubt they'll send a sneak peak of HoM #3.

Craig

Ray G.
06-27-2005, 07:25 AM
What would really crack the internet in half is if the whole feud between DC and Marvel has been faked, and when we see Magneto's inner circle at the end of House of M #3, it includes Superman and Batman. Of course, that's less likely than Miracleman. I really can't see any options that are both realistic and live up to the hype.

PeterSparker
One thing that really struck me about HoM #2, was the Robert Reynolds at the psychiatrist page, how the hell is the Sentry gonna fit in all of this? I wonder if he'll take a more upfront role in HoM #3, even though they're just getting to him in NA.

(or, could Hawkeye be coming back somehow? :mistrust: I mean, that would get the internet really smokin alright!) :)

Jonny Z
22 more pages of exposition? :)

Ray G.
06-27-2005, 07:26 AM
(or, could Hawkeye be coming back somehow? :mistrust: I mean, that would get the internet really smokin alright!) :)

Yeah, that's my guess. It'll be a disappointment for me, since we all know it can be undone, but it's the kind of thing that would really get people riled up. Thor might come back too.

Adrian B AWESOME
06-27-2005, 07:27 AM
NOTHING.

It's more bullshit B&Q hype.

Unless it somehow segues into Neil Gaiman finishing his Miracleman story through a Marvel press, NOTHING will happen.

WAKKAJAWAKKA
06-27-2005, 07:28 AM
Cyclops Will Be A Badguy Instead Of A Good Guy!!! Or Some Other Character Will Do Something They Don't Normally Do.

Wayno.

Patton
06-27-2005, 07:30 AM
Cyclops Will Be A Badguy Instead Of A Good Guy!!! Or Some Other Character Will Do Something They Don't Normally Do.

Wayno.
spider-man drinks decaf! :shock:

Ray G.
06-27-2005, 07:30 AM
spider-man drinks decaf! :shock:

Captain America has a beer and cheats on his wife!

TIP
06-27-2005, 07:32 AM
A reconfigured Vision makes sweet sweet love to a Brown and Decker Leafblower...

T

seriously edgar
06-27-2005, 07:33 AM
pietro banging wanda at super speed

Patton
06-27-2005, 07:38 AM
wanda dies and they basically realize they're stuck this way.

Lord Jermaine Retail
06-27-2005, 07:39 AM
Ok here's a question about House. Is the world of the House of M happening only for the characters who went to Genosha in #1/ were already there in #1? Or is it happening to everyone in every corner of the globe? See what I'm saying? Is it happening only to and for the New/ old Avengers and the Ast X-men and everyone not those people is a construct like the Ultrons and the Kree? Otherwise, I do not see any way Wanda is that powerful to affect that much completely on her own. Even with her newly unleashed abilities. The last time we saw her she wasn't even awake. No time to make all of this possible in the time it takes to get from NY to Genosha in high tech aircraft.

Why is Dr. Doom active, but Mr. Fantastic is not? How can she affect every corner of the globe (alien minds like Photon or minds like Wolverine's) to the point that no one has any idea that something is not as it should be? Besides the ones we know figure things out.

We know Xavier is involved somewhere by force or by choice. Otherwise there's no way to have even known about Gwen Stacy and other details unless you could get inside someone's head. And I can't decide if Magento and Quicksilver are red herrings or not. If Franklin Richards still had his powers I'd say that he's a suspect to have been thrown in a machine to create a new world. Maybe Onslaught is behind everything! :rock:

Ray G.
06-27-2005, 07:39 AM
wanda dies and they basically realize they're stuck this way.

Hmm.....that might do it.

Mark
06-27-2005, 07:42 AM
I'm done caring about the hype. Last year they said the guest in Disassembled was gonna be shocking and amazing and instead of Miracleman we got Magneto. I'll believe that it's shocking when I see it.

Lord Jermaine Retail
06-27-2005, 07:43 AM
I doubt they'll send a sneak peak of HoM #3.

Craig
Yes, highly unlikely.

Lord Jermaine Retail
06-27-2005, 07:45 AM
One thing that really struck me about HoM #2, was the Robert Reynolds at the psychiatrist page, how the hell is the Sentry gonna fit in all of this? I wonder if he'll take a more upfront role in HoM #3, even though they're just getting to him in NA.

Something about the unknown nature of the Sentry might make him particularly difficult to hustle indefinitely with the House treatment.

joeAR
06-27-2005, 07:45 AM
What's going to happen in HOM#3?
Fanboys will bitch that it wasn't worth the hype that's what.

Lord Jermaine Retail
06-27-2005, 07:47 AM
NOTHING.

It's more bullshit B&Q hype.

Unless it somehow segues into Neil Gaiman finishing his Miracleman story through a Marvel press, NOTHING will happen.
OK businesses have to hype their product. Why does no one ever get that? And why would you think that Miracleman would show up during House of M? We need some out of the box thinking, but that's way out there.

DaGetHighKnight
06-27-2005, 07:48 AM
The last page will have Wolverine pissed off about something....No wait thats every other book .

Lord Jermaine Retail
06-27-2005, 07:49 AM
What's going to happen in HOM#3?
Fanboys will bitch that it wasn't worth the hype that's what.
Wouldn't that heal the internet, rather than break it in half? Or would the divide between the fans and the haters grow even wider because of #3? Hmm...

joeAR
06-27-2005, 07:49 AM
Wouldn't that heal the internet, rather than break it in half? Or would the divide between the fans and the haters grow even wider because of #3? Hmm...

The amount of bitching that would accur would crack the interenet in half. Seriously, it would.

Lord Jermaine Retail
06-27-2005, 07:50 AM
The amount of bitching that would accur would crack the interenet in half. Seriously, it would.
I would prefer to be on the half that enjoys reading comics if possible.

joeAR
06-27-2005, 07:51 AM

I'm on that half.

Cth
06-27-2005, 07:56 AM
Ok here's a question about House. Is the world of the House of M happening only for the characters who went to Genosha in #1/ were already there in #1? Or is it happening to everyone in every corner of the globe? See what I'm saying? Is it happening only to and for the New/ old Avengers and the Ast X-men and everyone not those people is a construct like the Ultrons and the Kree? Otherwise, I do not see any way Wanda is that powerful to affect that much completely on her own. Even with her newly unleashed abilities. The last time we saw her she wasn't even awake. No time to make all of this possible in the time it takes to get from NY to Genosha in high tech aircraft.

Why is Dr. Doom active, but Mr. Fantastic is not? How can she affect every corner of the globe (alien minds like Photon or minds like Wolverine's) to the point that no one has any idea that something is not as it should be? Besides the ones we know figure things out.

We know Xavier is involved somewhere by force or by choice. Otherwise there's no way to have even known about Gwen Stacy and other details unless you could get inside someone's head. And I can't decide if Magento and Quicksilver are red herrings or not. If Franklin Richards still had his powers I'd say that he's a suspect to have been thrown in a machine to create a new world. Maybe Onslaught is behind everything! :rock:

I jokingly posted (and later removed) that Franklin Richards was behind it all.

Seeing as how he's done this scale of reality warping before.

And Agatha Harkness WAS his baby sitter.

Maybe Mephisto has been hiding in Franklin? His recent trip to Hell seemed pretty easy on him. And with the FF dead, etc..

Anyways, there's not a whole lot left that can shock readers:

- Bucky's back (sorta..)
- Gwen's back (sorta..)

Captain America dying might.. but doubtful, given the focus Quesada wants to put on him in the future.

Mar-Vell returning.. meh.. dunno. Doubtful.

Short of Bill Jemas becoming Captain Universe, I don't see much that might have the internet go nuts about.

Lord Jermaine Retail
06-27-2005, 08:01 AM
I jokingly posted (and later removed) that Franklin Richards was behind it all.

Seeing as how he's done this scale of reality warping before.

And Agatha Harkness WAS his baby sitter.

Maybe Mephisto has been hiding in Franklin? His recent trip to Hell seemed pretty easy on him. And with the FF dead, etc..

Anyways, there's not a whole lot left that can shock readers:

- Bucky's back (sorta..)
- Gwen's back (sorta..)

Captain America dying might.. but doubtful, given the focus Quesada wants to put on him in the future.

Mar-Vell returning.. meh.. dunno. Doubtful.

Short of Bill Jemas becoming Captain Universe, I don't see much that might have the internet go nuts about.
Xavier being a willing participant would be pretty shocking wouldn't it?

Gregory
06-27-2005, 08:06 AM
Xavier being a willing participant would be pretty shocking wouldn't it?

I can't say so. Claremont's been teasing the transition of X-Men toward Magneto's stance for years. We've seen him move Xavier's thinking towards these lines before, and Colossus joined up with Magneto's Acolytes for a time. The on-air deaths of the X-Men after the Massacre allowed them to follow up on their plans to vanish and proactively hit their enemies.

And Claremont would just excuse a full-on Xavier turn by saying he was possessed by the Shadow King again.

ds9
06-27-2005, 08:10 AM
more :babble:

Cth
06-27-2005, 08:11 AM
Dunno.

I can't imagine the non-X-Fans would be remotely interested.

But yeah, Matt's outlined it well.. they can always pull an Onslaught/Shadow King on it.

All I know, is that Bendis hyped Secret War as having heroes go bad, and vice versa.. and that's not happened so far.

On that note, Captain America becoming a Punisher type could cause a HUGE internet stir, but I don't see Marvel letting that one happen as long as Avi's around.

Boris the Blade
06-27-2005, 08:14 AM
Professor X ends up being the one behind everything.

Andrew j
06-27-2005, 08:17 AM
Things I think might happen in House of M

1. Logan finds out everything about his past
2. Scarlet Witch dies or loses her powers
3. Mary Jane and Spidey mystically never got married (god I hope not but the way these writers bitch about how hard it is to write a married couple...jeeze louise)
4. Gwen Stacy comes back to life in the Marvel U
5. Ms. Marvel becomes higher profile in the Marvel U
6. Beast reverts to human form

Not based on anything besides me pulling guesses out my ass

Gregory

If that happens, he'll defend it as hoping to right the deaths and corruption of all the children left in his care. Doug, Magik, Mimic, Thunderbird, the red-headed Acolyte, Wing, etc.

Lord Jermaine Retail
That would do it for X fans, but would there be for Avengers readers? This could be the cracking in half. Two groups are involved in the event. Potentially two readerships. What are we not seeing here?

twigglet
06-27-2005, 08:18 AM
I imagine it will be something like Xavier being the ruler of the HOM or something.

I wish it was the return of Thor.

Lord Jermaine Retail
06-27-2005, 08:21 AM
I imagine it will be something like Xavier being the ruler of the HOM or something.

I wish it was the return of Thor.
Wouldn't people cry foul if Thor who perished in Ragnarok randomly turned up in the third issue for no reason? People'd just say he wasn't real.

Boris the Blade
06-27-2005, 08:22 AM
Xavier being behind it makes sense to me. The difference seems to be that mutants were accepted from the get-go. Hence, no need for Super Soldier serums, humans being gradually phased out without the mass mutant genocides, a mutant majority votes in mutant leaders... It seems that if they coexisted, mutation would mean eventually humanity would be peacefully phased out.

Andrew j
06-27-2005, 08:24 AM
Xavier being behind it makes sense to me. The difference seems to be that mutants were accepted from the get-go. Hence, no need for Super Soldier serums, humans being gradually phased out without the mass mutant genocides, a mutant majority votes in mutant leaders... It seems that if they coexisted, mutation would mean eventually humanity would be peacefully phased out.

It's not clear if Cap never took the Serum. remember he was a skinny kid and in house of M he still has a caplike body. Looks like he was just never dropped in the ice

Boris the Blade
06-27-2005, 08:25 AM
It's not clear if Cap never took the Serum. remember he was a skinny kid and in house of M he still has a caplike body. Looks like he was just never dropped in the ice
Well, I know that 1602 isn't canon, but I always figure the serum also halted his aging, or at least slowed it down, as they showed in there.

ItsDLEVY
06-27-2005, 08:26 AM
All I know, is that Bendis hyped Secret War as having heroes go bad, and vice versa.. and that's not happened so far.

Except it has, in a way. Fury has broken from SHIELD, so depending on where you stand in the Marvel Universe, either Fury has become a "bad guy" or the rest of SHIELD has. Look at how it's playing out in New Avengers...

Ryan_ZOOM_Turner
06-27-2005, 08:27 AM
The Avengers will finally be JLAed!!!

Andrew j
06-27-2005, 08:30 AM
Well, I know that 1602 isn't canon, but I always figure the serum also halted his aging, or at least slowed it down, as they showed in there.

Well for a guy with no serum in his veins he looked a bad ass 80-something

adamgreenberger
06-27-2005, 08:46 AM
I don't think that anyone has mentioned this but...what if what was going on in House of M was what the 616 Universe was supposed to be like. And something happend a long time ago to make sure that it didn't and now someone is using Wanda to set it the way it was supposed to be.

I have no proof or evidence...but it was just a thought I had.

Raphael J
06-27-2005, 08:49 AM
The Avengers will finally be JLAed!!!

HAHAHAHAH!

Oh man, that was so funny. And so original. It's like you just said something that we were all thinking, and it was just so original. It's like I've never heard that one before. Because it was so original.

Douche bag.

Lord Jermaine Retail
06-27-2005, 08:50 AM
I don't think that anyone has mentioned this but...what if what was going on in House of M was what the 616 Universe was supposed to be like. And something happend a long time ago to make sure that it didn't and now someone is using Wanda to set it the way it was supposed to be.

I thought that but was afraid to say anything. Is that not the most obvious answer to what House is?

Adrian B AWESOME
06-27-2005, 08:50 AM
OK businesses have to hype their product. Why does no one ever get that? And why would you think that Miracleman would show up during House of M? We need some out of the box thinking, but that's way out there.

Exactly, he won't.

So there's NOTHING that can live up to the hype.

Adrian B AWESOME
06-27-2005, 08:52 AM
All I care about is that I totally got quoted in Fanboy Rampage.

woot.

adamgreenberger
06-27-2005, 08:54 AM
I thought that but was afraid to say anything. Is that not the most obvious answer to what House is?

It would be the most obvious...which is one of the reasons I am leaning this way. Becasue the answer is sometimes the most obvious one.

Adrian B AWESOME
06-27-2005, 08:58 AM
ONSLAUGHT?!?!?!

OMG!

Blake Sims
06-27-2005, 09:20 AM
I have no idea I just wanna read it!

joeAR
06-27-2005, 09:26 AM
I have no idea I just wanna read it!

I'm with you on this

spencerdidyrmom
06-27-2005, 09:45 AM
The Return Of Grant Morrison's Marvel Boy!

That would definitely get everyone talking.

dion
06-27-2005, 09:46 AM

3. Mary Jane and Spidey mystically never got married (god I hope not but the way these writers bitch about how hard it is to write a married couple...jeeze louise)

The only writer who's bitching like a little baby about it Mark Waid, and he is thankfully gone after House of M.

JMS has already said Pete and MJ will remain married, both he and Peter David are "pro-Spidey marriage" writers so they're not going to allow Waid (or Bendis) mess things up. :wink:

Adrian B AWESOME
06-27-2005, 09:47 AM
The Return Of Grant Morrison's Marvel Boy!

That would definitely get everyone talking.
Yeah, about how good it was and how dumb Marvel is to push Grant Morrison towards DC the way they did.

Doug
06-27-2005, 09:55 AM
Dr. Light will rape Hawkeye's corpse.

Fizz
06-27-2005, 10:44 AM
It will be revealed that Hawkeye is the mastermind behind House of M :wink:

joeAR
06-27-2005, 11:41 AM
Yeah, about how good it was and how dumb Marvel is to push Grant Morrison towards DC the way they did.

You are aware that, that was Bill Jemas's doing right? He's the one who vetoed the whole project.

spencerdidyrmom
06-27-2005, 12:11 PM
Maybe in HoM #3, they announce that they hired Bill Jemas back....?

Patton
06-27-2005, 12:50 PM

1. Logan finds out everything about his past
2. Scarlet Witch dies or loses her powers
4. Gwen Stacy comes back to life in the Marvel U
5. Ms. Marvel becomes higher profile in the Marvel U
6. Beast reverts to human form

Not based on anything besides me pulling guesses out my ass

heh. you haven't read it yet have you?

that's awesome.

V-Man
06-27-2005, 01:48 PM
I Know For A Fact That Professor X Dies!!!!!!!!

Boris the Blade
06-27-2005, 01:49 PM
I Know For A Fact That Professor X Dies!!!!!!!!
You know NOTHING!

But we'll know before any of these American bastards. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Balthazar
06-27-2005, 01:50 PM
Crack The Internet In Half Baby! In Half!!

Olivier E.
06-27-2005, 02:37 PM
The Blob is going to drop his pants :heybaby:

No, seriously someone kills Wanda

Adam Witt
06-27-2005, 03:05 PM
I am really warming up to the Miracleman/Marvelman idea, mainly becuase that could mean that we'd see more Neil Gaiman or Alan Moore stuff at Marvel. And because that would be badass...although I'd punch the first comic newbie to say 'oh, ANOTHER new character, Bendis?!' if it was true.

Realistically, though, I think Wolverine's gonna ice Wanda.

DigiEmissary
06-27-2005, 06:12 PM

The real way that would crack the internet in half would be who knew about it in 616 and why they were trying to keep it that way (Xavier, Magneto, etc...)

Personally, i think it's going to be Xavier-Magneto butt sex. :heybaby:

Persevering Guy
06-27-2005, 06:15 PM
magneto and scarwelt which kiss

Raphael J
06-27-2005, 06:15 PM
What if you guys are right and Wolverine kills Wanda in the third issue. That would be pretty big. And if that happened, how would the rest of the event, and universe, play out?

Patton
06-27-2005, 06:23 PM
What if you guys are right and Wolverine kills Wanda in the third issue. That would be pretty big. And if that happened, how would the rest of the event, and universe, play out?I am now convinced this is it.

and it doesn't seem crack the internet in half to me.

but it does seem cool.

what would happen? well there's little layla or whatever her name is. and it would sure bring a "uh...we're fucked" feeling to it, wondering how shit's gonna get out right. sounds cool to me.

Lord Jermaine Retail
06-27-2005, 06:23 PM
What if you guys are right and Wolverine kills Wanda in the third issue. That would be pretty big. And if that happened, how would the rest of the event, and universe, play out?
That would be one fast moving issue to get have Wolverine even get to SW in order to kill her. Too much to happen in one issue.

Raphael J
06-27-2005, 06:24 PM
I am now convinced this is it.

but it does seem cool.

what would happen? well there's little layla or whatever her name is. and it would sure bring a "uh...we're fucked" feeling to it, wondering how shit's gonna get out right. sounds cool to me.

Lalya?

:confused:

I can understand it not cracking the internet in half if Wolverine kills her, but if she does die? If someone else kills her? That'd be pretty extreme.

Lord Jermaine Retail
06-27-2005, 06:24 PM
I am now convinced this is it.

but it does seem cool.

I'm of the opinion that Wanda survives the House of M storyline. Killing her is expected just like Dark Phoenix had to die when that story happened. So, I'm thinking that the expected is not what's going to happen here.

Raphael J
06-27-2005, 06:25 PM
That would be one fast moving issue to get have Wolverine even get to SW in order to kill her. Too much to happen in one issue.

Is it though? If we follow Wolverine the entire issue and finally get to see where they're keeping Wanda, and he takes care of it, then how would that be too much? He's the head of SHIELD, or whatever it's called now, so he should have the clearance.

Lord Jermaine Retail
06-27-2005, 06:27 PM
Is it though? If we follow Wolverine the entire issue and finally get to see where they're keeping Wanda, and he takes care of it, then how would that be too much? He's the head of SHIELD, or whatever it's called now, so he should have the clearance.
True. But there would have to be time for him to figure out that things are not right, wouldn't there? His deal is that he's going to remember his full past. That alone, plus his role in the new world should keep Wolverine very busy for at least one more issue.

greg donovan
06-27-2005, 06:35 PM
Well for a guy with no serum in his veins he looked a bad ass 80-something

his letters were addressed to capt. steve rogers. he is not a mutant so in this world he would be viewed as a second class citizen.

Raphael J
06-27-2005, 06:35 PM
True. But there would have to be time for him to figure out that things are not right, wouldn't there? His deal is that he's going to remember his full past. That alone, plus his role in the new world should keep Wolverine very busy for at least one more issue.

Well then what could this last page be? I really can't imagine anything that would live up to the hype, other than "see what this character is doing now". I just can't picture that.

Adrian B AWESOME
06-27-2005, 07:11 PM
You are aware that, that was Bill Jemas's doing right? He's the one who vetoed the whole project.
IMPOSSIBLE!

Bill Jemas is God!

ItsDLEVY
06-27-2005, 08:25 PM
If Wanda dies, then I'm guessing this Layla character will be the one who has to set things right. It wouldn't shock me if in the course of setting things right, she has to sacrifice herself. yawn.

DigiEmissary
06-27-2005, 08:30 PM
If Wanda dies, then I'm guessing this Layla character will be the one who has to set things right. It wouldn't shock me if in the course of setting things right, she has to sacrifice herself. yawn.

who exactly is this layla character?

Lord Jermaine Retail
06-27-2005, 08:42 PM
You give Bendis absolutely no credit. Do you really think that's what he's come up with?

ItsDLEVY
06-27-2005, 08:46 PM
You give Bendis absolutely no credit. Do you really think that's what he's come up with?

No, not really. I expect much better than that from him. But that's the sort of thing everyone else is posting in this thread, so why not join the fun?

(And you know what? Even if he did use that plot, I'd bet he'd write it in a way that would make it interesting and fun to read.)

Adam Witt
06-28-2005, 03:07 PM
I think if Bendis is creating this Layla Miller character, she's going to be more than just a fleeting entity. I think we'll end up seeing her a lot in the future. Personally, I think we need Miracleman to crack the internet in half. I think that would crack the internet in more than half. Like fifty pieces.

BriRedfern
06-28-2005, 03:18 PM

:Ponder:
I think Charles Xavier's involvement is going to be revealed and it will be HUGE.

BriRedfern
06-28-2005, 03:20 PM
pietro banging wanda at super speed

We'll see that in the Ultimates first I think.... Or it will just keep getting hinted at....

WAKKAJAWAKKA
06-28-2005, 03:26 PM
I think if Bendis is creating this Layla Miller character, she's going to be more than just a fleeting entity. I think we'll end up seeing her a lot in the future. Personally, I think we need Miracleman to crack the internet in half. I think that would crack the internet in more than half. Like fifty pieces.

That'd Just Be To Cool Though. That Was the First Thing I Put Forth As My First Crazy Speculation. But I Long Ago Put It Away In The "Too Cool" File.

Wayno.

Ryan Elliott
06-28-2005, 04:52 PM

I am also on that half.

Anyway, I'm not even sure what it's gonna be. I really don't even wanna think about until it's closer to time. All I DO know is that I'm fucking excited about it. I know, at least, that I AM going to enjoy it. And I will love it. :)

Lord Jermaine Retail
07-01-2005, 06:21 AM
Its coming next week, gang. Any last minute speculations?

Ray G.
07-01-2005, 06:31 AM
Its coming next week, gang. Any last minute speculations?

I'm going to guess that Wanda does die. But I don't think it'll be Wolverine who does it? I think it'll be another character who we think of as a hero. I don't know who yet, but someone extremely heroic being revealed as a villain in this reality.

Lord Jermaine Retail
07-01-2005, 06:34 AM
I'm going to guess that Wanda does die. But I don't think it'll be Wolverine who does it? I think it'll be another character who we think of as a hero. I don't know who yet, but someone extremely heroic being revealed as a villain in this reality.
I'm not seeing it. I don't see Wanda dying in this story. And I don't see the issue being laid out the way it'd have to be to get that result. A character would have to figure out what's happened, find his or her way to Wanda, which is probably not an easy task, then kill her rather than telling her to undo everything? Not much room for any other characters to shine that way. We'll see though.

V-Man
07-01-2005, 06:35 AM
I know for a fact that Professor X will die!!!!!!!

I dont want it that way, but it will happen. Trust me.

ds9
07-01-2005, 06:46 AM
Bendis is probably going to change continuity or kill a major character.

dougmac
07-01-2005, 07:13 AM

Ultimate Xavier would do it, he's a bastard, but the 616 version might not. It would be really powerful if Magneto or Pietro did it because they love her too much to let this go on.

Lord Jermaine Retail
07-01-2005, 07:16 AM
I know for a fact that Professor X will die!!!!!!!

I dont want it that way, but it will happen. Trust me.
We haven't even seen Xavier yet (in this new reality and in my opinion in the two issues to come out). Doesn't make sense. What do we get to do to you if you're wrong?

Adrian B AWESOME
07-01-2005, 07:17 AM
Meh.

Death won't break the internet in half.

And if someone dying IS supposed to be a huge deal, shame on Bendis. EVERYONE comes back. EVERYONE.

Hell, two months after Grant Morrison's historic run on New X-Men, Marvel was rushing to destroy everything he built.

Seriosuly though, if someone dying at the end of ish #3 is the "big surprise" I refuse to ever read anything Bendis produces ever again.

Lord Jermaine Retail
07-01-2005, 07:18 AM
Ultimate Xavier would do it, he's a bastard, but the 616 version might not. It would be really powerful if Magneto or Pietro did it because they love her too much to let this go on.
I really can't decide if the culprits are the obvious ones or something entirely unexpected. Magneto and Pietro never saw first hand what Wanda did in Disassmbled, did they? Quite a bold move for one of them to take her all the way to change everything. What if it went wrong?

Lord Jermaine Retail
07-01-2005, 07:24 AM
Meh.

Death won't break the internet in half.

And if someone dying IS supposed to be a huge deal, shame on Bendis. EVERYONE comes back. EVERYONE.

Hell, two months after Grant Morrison's historic run on New X-Men, Marvel was rushing to destroy everything he built.

Seriosuly though, if someone dying at the end of ish #3 is the "big surprise" I refuse to ever read anything Bendis produces ever again.
We're still establishing how this new place works. I guessing more establishment in #3, checking in with more characters, plus a reveal to maybe one character or the reader only about some detail of what and why House of M is. That makes more sense than Xavier showing up and gettin ghit by a car or whatever. Or Wolverine using his sense of smell to find Wanda and then kill her without attempting to set things right.

http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/HouseofM/HOM6cover_t.jpg
Who is the woman on the cover to House of M #6? Between Magneto and Storm. If its Wanda then we can stop talking about her dying in #3. As a matter of fact we expect her to die, Dark Phoenix showed us that's how that works. So that would be neither shocking nor divisive to the internet. What else do you got?

Cth
07-01-2005, 07:31 AM
I still like the 1602-ish idea of this being what reality was supposed to have been like all along.

It would suck, no offense, given that half the internet despises all things mutant.

Remember, Bendis said none of this takes place in an alternate reality, which could mean this is true.

Keep in mind, 1602 is making a comeback, and Bendis was talking with Gaiman at one point (at the time it was presumably to spin off a Fury miniseries) But what if it was to go over details about this "new" old reality and potentially tying into 1602 later on?

Lord Jermaine Retail
07-04-2005, 09:07 AM
I had a dream that I was readin House of M #3 and I cannot remember what I dreamt was in it. How lame is that? The fact that I dream about comics or that I can't even remember what was in them, I mean...

ds9
07-04-2005, 09:14 AM
:scared:

Lord Jermaine Retail
07-04-2005, 09:19 AM
:scared:
I self depreciated as to not give you the satisfaction. I'm steps ahead of you as usual. Shouldn't you be reading comics right now anyway?

ds9
07-04-2005, 09:20 AM
I self depreciated as to not give you the satisfaction. I'm steps ahead of you as usual. Shouldn't you be reading comics right now anyway?Oh dont be mad Im buying House of M and maybe ill like It better the next issue. I know Its just the setup part right now,

Lord Jermaine Retail
07-04-2005, 09:27 AM
Oh dont be mad Im buying House of M and maybe ill like It better the next issue. I know Its just the setup part right now,
Wow. A real statement from ds9? No backhand, no gloom and doom? I feel like I'm talking to a new person!

Xander Boune
07-04-2005, 09:28 AM
To be honest, I don't think that anything can happen that will "break the internet." If you can resurrect Jason Todd and Bucky this year without much fanfare, death has no meaning anymore. People will think that if you kill Wanda off, she'll probably be back in two years. Same with Professor X or Magneto, who's died and come back at least 3 times since Eve of Destruction.

So if it's not a great death, maybe it will be a great return? I think this would be a cool opportunity to bring Thor back, but I'm sure not many agree, and even fewer would actually care. He still is out there resting all-powerful and stuff, and if what's happening in the MU awakes him, he might return to set it straight. Outside of Thor, I can't really think of any major character returning that would be much of a big deal.

I'll keep an open mind and I'm definitely looking forward to what Bendis gives us, but I think overblown hype machines actually do more damage to these stories than they help.

ds9
07-04-2005, 09:28 AM
Wow. A real statement from ds9? No backhand, no gloom and doom? I feel like I'm talking to a new person!I gloom and doom because i care :o

arthurloewenkamp
07-04-2005, 09:58 AM
hot 21 page magneto professor x love scene

The Cheap-Arse Film Critic
07-04-2005, 10:00 AM
Me personally?

I believe Wolverine realises what's going on, likes this world better than the one he came from, and then kills somebody to keep things the way they are.

matthew spatola
07-04-2005, 10:03 AM
Not sure what would crack the internet in half. Someone coming back wouldn't....and someone dying wouldn't, unless it was Spider-Man or someone equaly as huge. And that would only be because it was a surprise, we all no death is meaningless.

I honestly have no clue. If the big reveal turns out to truly be that exciting well then way to go Marvel. Because if it is not, Joe Q and company will be getting crucified on the boards for sure.

Lord Jermaine Retail
07-05-2005, 08:59 PM
Last chance saloon, guys. Start throwing stuff out there. Stuff you're thinking but are afraid to say. Things that might actually see print, so don't let your imaginations run too wild. I say that in issue #3 we find out who is really responsible and its not any of the usual suspects. Ta-da!

BENDIS!
07-05-2005, 09:00 PM
Not sure what would crack the internet in half. Someone coming back wouldn't....and someone dying wouldn't, unless it was Spider-Man or someone equaly as huge. And that would only be because it was a surprise, we all no death is meaningless.

I honestly have no clue. If the big reveal turns out to truly be that exciting well then way to go Marvel. Because if it is not, Joe Q and company will be getting crucified on the boards for sure.

which could break the internet in half. see? huh? see?

Mike Haseloff
07-05-2005, 09:02 PM
which could break the internet in half. see? huh? see?I heard Cop-outzilla is fighting Mecha-Hype downtown. :jackoff:

Smokinblues
07-05-2005, 09:03 PM
I have a bad feeling it has something to do with the return of Ben Reilly, because I can just see Bendis reading everybody saying 'reilly can never be brought back,' 'and going oh yeah you fuckers, watch this!

that said, if it is reilly - USM will become the only spider book i'm buying in record time.

Howlett
07-05-2005, 09:04 PM
:shock: Why do I have this scary image of Goddard in a Scarlet Witch costume at the end of issue 3???

:Panic:

Lord Jermaine Retail
07-05-2005, 09:06 PM
which could break the internet in half. see? huh? see?
That would break the internet's heart, but what would break its spirit? Are you trying to disassmble the internet? I hope I survive to be a part of New internet? This place needs me....

Lord Jermaine Retail
07-05-2005, 09:08 PM
I heard Cop-outzilla is fighting Mecha-Hype downtown. :jackoff:
Funny. Aliens from the future take the shattered remains of hype and fit it with cutting edge internet technology making it Mecha Hype! :)

the last ronin
07-05-2005, 09:24 PM
I think that Logan is going to remember what happened to him.

Lord Jermaine Retail
07-05-2005, 09:27 PM
I think that Logan is going to remember what happened to him.
You mean remember that this is not how things are supposed to be? By issue #3? I that's kinda fast to me. And I really don't know for sure what's happened to anyone. Is there something to the fact that the art singled Spiderman out during the burn to white?

Mike Haseloff
07-05-2005, 09:30 PM
Funny. Aliens from the future take the shattered remains of hype and fit it with cutting edge internet technology making it Mecha Hype! :)Yeah. Or it might just be Joe Quesada with a blender strapped to his head.

Jim T.
07-06-2005, 04:54 AM
Last panel - Miracle Man. Internet cracks.

Short of that, and I don't think it's happening, I don't know what could crack it.

Patton
07-06-2005, 04:56 AM
I've decided there is nothing that will crack the internet in half.

it ain't gonna happen. and i gotta stop listening to hype.

Lord Jermaine Retail
07-06-2005, 05:29 AM
Last panel - Miracle Man. Internet cracks.

Short of that, and I don't think it's happening, I don't know what could crack it.
You do realize that most people have no idea who Miracleman is right?

Mike Haseloff
07-06-2005, 06:18 PM
You do realize that most people have no idea who Miracleman is right?That's why it'll crack.

All the fanboys will be furrowing their brows, and scratching their heads trying to figure it out, and then start collectively bashing their heads against their monitors screaming, "AAAAH!!! CONTINUITY!!!! IT'S THE DEVIL!!!! I DUN UNDERSTAND!!!!"

Never realising that this doesn't even fit into Marvel continuity.