PDA

View Full Version : Recent X-men reading ( Potential Spoilers)

mitchymitchymitchy
11-30-2009, 11:41 AM
I have always been a pretty big X-Men fan and try to keep up to date. I lost my job a few years ago and had to basically quit comics cold turkey. I still keep up to date through wikipedia and message boards and stuff but that doesn't do it for me, I need to read the books.

I recently read Messiah Complex and thought it was a fun old-school X-Crossover, but looking at the trades that come after it they seem to branch out.

I bought Manifest Destiny (which has Uncanny X-Men 500-503), and just read it, but am wondering if any of this stuff is worth reading. It wasn't that good and I think I heard the X-Men are leaving San Francisco.

I guess I'm wondering are any of the X-Trades after Messiah Complex worth reading. If so, which ones. And with the new Messiah War coming up (I will probably get this trade when it comes), but what should be worth reading until then.

Thanks all.

Lord Jermaine Retail
11-30-2009, 11:57 AM
You have to read X-force. Have to. Especially if you have any kind of background with mid-late 80s and early 90s X-men comics.

SidekicksRevenge
11-30-2009, 12:02 PM
X-Force has knives like whoah. Knives! Stabby stabby stab stab!

It's okay. X-Factor has been the best read for my money in the X-titles since it got its post House of M relaunch (skip the Secret Invasion tie ins, for the love of all things holy), with Uncanny being unevenly bouncing back and forth between "awesome!" and "why?"

Ultimate Lurker
11-30-2009, 12:04 PM
Utopia was really good, as was the X-23 arc that finished recently.

Dan-C
11-30-2009, 12:09 PM
Like most people have said, if you liked Messiah Complex, and want to keep reading, follow Uncanny, X-Force and Cable. And before you ask, yes Cable is totally worth it.

Supreme Convoy
11-30-2009, 12:13 PM
Have you read Whedon/Cassaday's Astonishing X-Men? The recent Astonishing X-Men omnibus is like $45 on Amazon.com. Great series.

Evan the Shaggy
11-30-2009, 12:37 PM
X-Force has knives like whoah. Knives! Stabby stabby stab stab!

It's okay. X-Factor has been the best read for my money in the X-titles since it got its post House of M relaunch (skip the Secret Invasion tie ins, for the love of all things holy), with Uncanny being unevenly bouncing back and forth between "awesome!" and "why?"

To be fair, I also originally thought X Force was going to be "Team Wolverine" but it is a thousand times better than I thought it would be.