PDA

View Full Version : Stupid life imitates crappy art

RebootedCorpse
11-23-2009, 02:44 PM
Teen bitten in neck after watching vampire romance movie, New Moon
By Heather Lynn Peters | Muskegon Chronicle
November 23, 2009, 5:46PM
NORTON SHORES — Seventeen-year-old Erin Westrate got an unwelcome reality bite Friday after watching the popular vampire romance flick, “The Twilight Saga: New Moon,” at a Norton Shores movie theater.

The local teen, accompanied by a female friend, was bitten in the neck following the movie at Cinema Carousel, 4289 Grand Haven, by an unknown suspect who had been sitting in the row in front of them.

HOW TO HELP

• Anyone who witnessed the biting incident that occurred just after 8:30 p.m. Friday at the Cinema Carousel, 4289 Grand Haven, in Norton Shores, is asked to call Norton Shores Police at 733-2691, 911 or Silent Observer at 72-CRIME.

• The suspect, a white male with short, dark spiky hair, believed to be approximately 45 years old and 5 feet tall, allegedly bit a 17-year-old girl in the neck. The suspect was wearing a brown corduroy jacket and jeans at the time and was described as unshaven.
The bite did not break the skin, but the teen was frightened enough by the bizarre experience that she called 911. The incident was reported just after 8:30 p.m., police said.

“I was sitting with a friend having fun. Nothing was suspicious at all when we sat down. We were so excited about the movie,” Westrate said.

The much-anticipated movie is based on the second installment of writer Stephenie Meyer’s popular vampire romance series, which started off with Twilight.

Westrate said that as the movie was playing, comments from her friend about one of the “hot actors” in the movie apparently prompted some inappropriate comments from a man in the row ahead of them.

“My friend made a comment about wishing the actor would bite her, but she said it really quiet,” Westrate said.

The man then turned around and made a sexual comment directed at both girls, she said.

“I said, ‘What did you say?’ He repeated it, and then I didn’t say anything.”

Westrate said that when her friend commented again about an actor in the movie, the man turned around a second time and made another sexual comment.

“When he made the comments, I wanted to move seats, but there was nowhere else to sit,” Westrate said.

As they stood up to leave following the movie, the man approached Westrate and her friend. That’s when Westrate began to feel especially “creeped out.”

“He asked if we liked the movie, and I didn’t want to make him mad, so I just said, ‘It was good’ and we started to walk away,” she said.

But the man didn’t let Westrate get very far.

“He grabbed the back of my hair and pulled me backward down a little bit and bit my neck and started laughing. He didn’t let go right away. He was smiling at me in a creepy way,” she said.

“I almost cried, but I didn’t want to cry in front of him. I walked out so fast, I cut in front of everyone. It hurt when he pulled my hair and I had a red mark on my neck for about a half an hour.”

The incident is particularly concerning to authorities who say the “blatant assault” is behavior of a possible “sexual predator.”

“This is highly unusual, and I’d like to identify this person,” said Norton Shores Police Lt. Jon Gale. “It was an assault, and that’s a crime. He could be someone who has other issues and could be a sexual predator.”

Gale is urging anyone who may have witnessed the incident to call authorities. Westrate said the man was sitting with three other people in the theater.

“I would believe that he isn’t someone we want walking around and going into movie theaters. He could be a danger to our society,” Gale said.

Meanwhile, Westrate said she is trying to move past the incident.

“I am upset that someone is that creepy, but I’m not going to let it ruin my day,” she said.

The vampire romance movie, which opened Friday, raked in $140.7 million in its first three days and pulled in a total of $258.8 million worldwide, according to studio estimates released Sunday.

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2009/11/teen_bitten_in_neck_after_watc.html

EmarAndZeb
11-23-2009, 04:38 PM
Unfortunately for her, it turns out he was a zombie.

Kedd
11-23-2009, 04:40 PM
What someone think of the children?!?!?!

Blue Flash
11-23-2009, 04:55 PM
Next time, middle-aged perverts with a penchant for grevious bodily harm will do well to remember that vampires are always shaven.

The Crushtacean
11-23-2009, 05:32 PM
Next time, middle-aged perverts with a penchant for grevious bodily harm will do well to remember that vampires are always shaven.

Yeah, what's up with that? They're dead, so shouldn't all their hair fall out? Or if their hair just stops growing and stays as it was at the moment of death, I guess they could shave and be eternally shaven, but that means dickwad vampires could have their minions shave the heads of other vampires during the day and it would never grow back.

I'm probably overthinking this.

Blue Flash
11-23-2009, 06:25 PM
Yeah, what's up with that? They're dead, so shouldn't all their hair fall out? Or if their hair just stops growing and stays as it was at the moment of death, I guess they could shave and be eternally shaven, but that means dickwad vampires could have their minions shave the heads of other vampires during the day and it would never grow back.

I'm probably overthinking this.

There's probably a big market in the vampire world for hair transplantation.

Adrian B AWESOME
11-23-2009, 06:40 PM
Teen bitten in neck after watching vampire romance movie, New Moon
By Heather Lynn Peters | Muskegon Chronicle
November 23, 2009, 5:46PM
NORTON SHORES — Seventeen-year-old Erin Westrate got an unwelcome reality bite Friday after watching the popular vampire romance flick, “The Twilight Saga: New Moon,” at a Norton Shores movie theater.

The local teen, accompanied by a female friend, was bitten in the neck following the movie at Cinema Carousel, 4289 Grand Haven, by an unknown suspect who had been sitting in the row in front of them.

• The suspect, a white male with short, dark spiky hair, believed to be approximately 107 years old and 5 feet tall, allegedly bit a 17-year-old girl in the neck. The suspect was wearing a brown corduroy jacket and jeans at the time and was described as unshaven.

The bite did not break the skin, but the teen was enthralled enough to remain chaste for her unearthly lover, at least until some shirtless werewolf kid comes around

“I was sitting with a friend being sad. Nothing was suspicious at all when we sat down. We were so excited about the movie,” Westrate said.

“My friend made a comment about wishing the actor would bite her, but she said it really quiet so that makes it totally ok and not weird in the least,” Westrate said.

The man then turned around and made a sexual comment directed at both girls, she said.

“I said, ‘What did you say?’ He repeated it, and then I didn’t say anything.”

Westrate said that when her friend commented again about an actor in the movie, the man turned around a second time and made another sexual comment.

“When he made the comments, I wanted to see him sparkle in the afternoon sun, possibly playing baseball, or hanging out at some random lake house,” Westrate said.

“He grabbed the back of my hair and pulled me backward down a little bit and bit my neck and started laughing. He didn’t let go right away. He was smiling at me in a creepy way Oh, and this totally happened, it's not a weird fabrication,” she said.

“I almost cried, but I didn’t want to cry in front of him because I save my tears in a jar. I walked out so fast, I cut in front of everyone. It hurt when he pulled my hair and I had a red mark on my neck for about a half an hour.”

“This is highly unusual, and I’d like to identify this person,” said Norton Shores Police Lt. Jon Gale. “It was an assault, and that’s a crime. He could be someone who has other issues and could be a sexual predator or a child of the night. Either way, it's still kinda getting me hard.”

Gale is urging anyone who may have witnessed the incident to call authorities. Westrate said the man was sitting with three other people in the theaterthough whether they were on the same team or not is up for debate.

“I would believe that he isn’t someone we want walking around and going into movie theaters. He could be a danger to our societythough Stephanie Meyer's lack of understanding of the English language and her Mormon faith are not,” Gale said.

Meanwhile, Westrate said she is trying to move past the incident.

“I am upset that someone is that creepy, but I’m not going to let it ruin my day because I'm planning on being raped by a vampire someday, or at least that's what I quietly whispered to my friend.,” she said.

Fixed

CapnChaos
11-23-2009, 07:08 PM
Fixed

:)

Superior Kiai
11-23-2009, 07:15 PM
Fixed

That, right there?

Pure gold.

:thumb:

Brad N.
11-24-2009, 07:44 AM
Adrian should change his name to Adrian IS AWESOME.

NATE!
11-24-2009, 07:47 AM
Ah. She's a Mormon. That explains everything.

....no, it doesn't. :-?

Hoggie
11-24-2009, 07:52 AM
He's a super creep, super creep, he's super creepy.

TheTravis!
11-24-2009, 08:11 AM
Like a 45 year old man going to see Twilight isn't creepy enough?

Hoggie
11-24-2009, 08:16 AM

true dat!

Adrian B AWESOME
11-24-2009, 08:23 AM
My favorite part of the article is probably her mentioning that she saves her tears in a jar.

thatguyfromsyracuse
11-24-2009, 08:24 AM
Fixed

:rofl:

TIP
11-24-2009, 08:28 AM
Fixed

Bwah-Ha-Ha-:lol:!!!

thatguyfromsyracuse
11-24-2009, 08:41 AM
I wonder what the sexual comment was that the guy said. Maybe it wasn't sexual at all. Maybe he said "Shut the fuck up, I'm really trying to concentrate on the movie. If you don't shut the fuck up, I'll tear your throat out with my teeth."

Jef UK
11-24-2009, 12:21 PM
Great thread title!

Ryan Elliott
11-24-2009, 01:15 PM

Reminds me of when I worked at the movies.

I think it was Final Destination 2. A mother and her maybe 15, 16 year old son came out and into the lobby. With a middle aged guy following them.

She said that he'd been sitting behind them, and breathing really heavily. Making a lot of weird noises and saying weird things like "yeah, that's it bitch."

He got kicked out. I laughed.

The Goddamn Schweitz!
11-24-2009, 03:50 PM
See what happens when you talk during the movie. She hadn't said anything, this guy would have never bitten her.

LET THAT BE A LESSON TO ALL!!!!

RebootedCorpse
11-25-2009, 05:39 PM
This story is now officially better than the movie.

NORTON SHORES — A 17-year-old girl who told police she was bitten Friday by an unknown man in a movie theater after watching a popular vampire movie wasn’t totally truthful, police said Wednesday.

The teen now faces possible criminal charges, Norton Shores Police Detective Lt. Timothy LaVigne said. And the man — whom police earlier said they wanted to question — is no longer being sought.

Authorities said Wednesday they spoke with the complainant, Erin Westrate, about the alleged incident that was reported just after 8:30 p.m. Friday and concluded that much of her story was exaggerated.

However, Westrate said she told the truth, despite the fact police are now questioning her story.

“He grabbed my hair and bit me,” Westrate said of the incident. “I’m not lying about any of it. There is no reason to have a (criminal) charge on my record if I’m telling the truth. I just hope it gets resolved. I don’t want people to think I’m lying about that when I’m not.”

Westrate told authorities Friday she was bitten in the neck following the movie “The Twilight Saga: New Moon” at Cinema Carousel, 4289 Grand Haven, by an unknown suspect who had been sitting in the row in front of her and a female friend.

The story generated a lot of online buzz.

LaVigne said authorities have since received a call from someone who was at the theater when the alleged incident occurred.

That witness disputed Westrate’s story, he said.

“We are simply investigating it as a false police report at this time, and we’re still checking into it,” LaVigne said Wednesday.

“We had talked to a witness who was at the movie theater and then we talked to (Westrate) again and brought her back in for questioning.”

Westrate initially told police that the incident occurred after the man made sexual comments to the teens during the movie.

Westrate said Wednesday that she may have “giggled” at some of the comments the man made, but she didn’t respond to the man.

“They think it was innocent flirting. My friend told police that there was flirting back and forth and that’s why they aren’t looking for the guy anymore,” she said.

But LaVigne said Westrate “made some admissions” that her story was “exaggerated.”

LaVigne declined to go into detail about what really happened at the theater, but said authorities are no longer looking for the suspect who allegedly assaulted Westrate.

The case will be turned over to the Muskegon County Prosecutor’s Office for review.

The much-anticipated movie is based on the second installment of writer Stephenie Meyer’s popular vampire romance series.