PDA

View Full Version : X-men cartoons? (question)

who cares?
06-26-2005, 12:52 PM
can anyone tell me if there were ever any X-men cartoons made before the 1994-ish ones?

because i remember watching some around 1991 when i was very little... the most striking memory i have was that ice-man was there and he was always moving on ice...

it might not have been just X-men, it might have been a team-up show or something....

does anyone know?

Howlett
06-26-2005, 12:55 PM
can anyone tell me if there were ever any X-men cartoons made before the 1994-ish ones?

because i remember watching some around 1991 when i was very little... the most striking memory i have was that ice-man was there and he was always moving on ice...

it might not have been just X-men, it might have been a team-up show or something....

does anyone know?
You may be remembering Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends from the 80's. Firestar and Ice-Man were his team mates and the X-Men appeared a few times.

There was also a pilot for an intended X-Men cartoon called "Pryde of the X-Men" brought out around the late 80's. The art in it was fairly good for it's day.

RED!
06-26-2005, 12:57 PM
You may be remembering Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends from the 80's. Firestar and Ice-Man were his team mates and the X-Men appeared a few times.

There was also a pilot for an intended X-Men cartoon called "Pryde of the X-Men" brought out around the late 80's. The art in it was fairly good for it's day.
i miss spidey and his amazing friends. that was a great cartoon!

Travis M. Bierwagen
06-26-2005, 12:59 PM
I remember around '88 or '89 my LCS had an X-MEN cartoon that my friend and I rented.

I also remember the X-MEN and other Marvel characters appearing on SPIDER-MAN & HIS AMAZING FRIENDS. One of these "friends" was Iceman... which might be what you're remembering. :spidsens:

the last ronin
I miss X-Men Evolution.

Stryfe
stryfe was in the 1994-ish ones 8-)

Howlett
06-26-2005, 01:02 PM
i miss spidey and his amazing friends. that was a great cartoon!
I whole heartedly agree :cry:

Patton
06-26-2005, 01:07 PM
stryfe was in the 1994-ish ones 8-)
I whole heartedly agree :cry:

Ray G.
06-26-2005, 01:28 PM
I miss X-Men Evolution.

Eh, it could have been so much better. The brotherhood rocked, but that's about it.

Patton
06-26-2005, 01:33 PM
Storm should be shipped back to her own planet.

Nick_Ardill
06-26-2005, 02:08 PM
I remember that one. It was pretty cool. Except if I remember correctly White Queen could fly and Wolverine was Canadian. But French Canadian.

Howlett
06-26-2005, 02:21 PM
I remember that one. It was pretty cool. Except if I remember correctly White Queen could fly and Wolverine was Canadian. But French Canadian.
Actually Wolverine had a cockney accent. I felt like I was watching a British soap oprah :lol:

TheKraken
06-26-2005, 04:12 PM
yuer all wrong, Wolvie was stereotypical Australian. He said "G'day" and everything. And they brought the same guy back when that X-Men team was on Spidey & His Amazing Friends.

Pryde of the X-Men was fun, and if nothing else, it inspired the X-Men arcade game, one of the best things ever. :D

90s X-Men cartoon is awful, poorly animated garbage.

I thought X-Men: Evolution was pretty cool.

Jibberwashed
06-26-2005, 04:42 PM
yuer all wrong, Wolvie was stereotypical Australian. He said "G'day" and everything. And they brought the same guy back when that X-Men team was on Spidey & His Amazing Friends.

Pryde of the X-Men was fun, and if nothing else, it inspired the X-Men arcade game, one of the best things ever. :D

I loved Pryde of the X-Men, but the Australian Wolverine confused the living crap out of me. I also enjoyed the super Russian Colossus. His Russian accent was something out of a propoganda film. Damn, I had these on my computer at once point...

DigiEmissary
06-26-2005, 04:50 PM
I loved Pryde of the X-Men, but the Australian Wolverine confused the living crap out of me. I also enjoyed the super Russian Colossus. His Russian accent was something out of a propoganda film. Damn, I had these on my computer at once point...

I have all the '90s ones as well as the Pryde of the X-Men pilot on my other computer.

I would have the Spiderman '90s ones as well, but the torrents dried up before the download finished.

Your Pal, Carl
06-26-2005, 04:57 PM

I want one of those for my room. And not the stupid single screen version either. I want the delux widescreen version.

jacoblb
06-26-2005, 11:08 PM

I would have answered the same way.
Wouldn't it be great if a DVD collection of those very toons came out? I know the X-Men one is a bit short. Incidentally, I have a movie of it somewhere from a download, but I'd like a better quality version. I'm sorry, but I cannot watch any of the silly X-Men toons that came afterwards...or Hulk...or Spider-man. It's like even the normal non-superhero people in those era of toons look like they can lift mountains.

SM & HAFs is my all-time favorite Spidey show!

Mike Haseloff
06-26-2005, 11:11 PM
Thank God Jackman didn't speak with an Australian accent.

What kind of an idiot casts Wolverine as an Australian?!

Marcdachamp
06-26-2005, 11:57 PM
Aussie Wolvie or not, "Pryde" was 10 times better than any other X-Cartoon.

The Human Target
06-27-2005, 12:12 AM
I loved the 90s cartoon as a kid, but its impossible to watch now. Horrid animation, nonsense plots, and everyone has a new power when ever they need to.

Its like a Claremont story.

Mike Haseloff
06-27-2005, 12:16 AM
I loved the 90s cartoon as a kid, but its impossible to watch now. Horrid animation, nonsense plots, and everyone has a new power when ever they need to.

Its like a Claremont story.I loved it then, and for the most part, I still do.

There are episodes that just rub me up the wrong way, but they probably did the same ten years ago.

"You were designed to protect humans from mutants!!!"
"That is illogical. Mutants are human."

POINGANT!!! :shock:

The Human Target
06-27-2005, 12:23 AM
I loved it then, and for the most part, I still do.

There are episodes that just rub me up the wrong way, but they probably did the same ten years ago.

"You were designed to protect humans from mutants!!!"
"That is illogical. Mutants are human."

POINGANT!!! :shock:

No doubt there are some good lines. But for every bit of magic there are ten pieces of crap.

Mike Haseloff
06-27-2005, 12:26 AM
No doubt there are some good lines. But for every bit of magic there are ten pieces of crap.:lol:

I don't know about the ratio, but yeah... there's some crud...

... like those episodes with the dude who needs Storm in another dimension because his weapons cause storms that are destroying his planet... that sucked.

They're on a VHS with the second Nightcrawler episode I bought a few years ago... that episode was average, too.

Nightcrawler is super cool still.

The Human Target
06-27-2005, 12:32 AM
:lol:

I don't know about the ratio, but yeah... there's some crud...

... like those episodes with the dude who needs Storm in another dimension because his weapons cause storms that are destroying his planet... that sucked.

They're on a VHS with the second Nightcrawler episode I bought a few years ago... that episode was average, too.

Nightcrawler is super cool still.

I always hated that Beast got side lined for ever as a kid. I liked him the best. And it took me years to figure out that Wolverine didn't have metal nubs on the back of his hands like he did sometimes on the show. I always thought that was kinda gross.

Mike Haseloff
06-27-2005, 12:39 AM
I always hated that Beast got side lined for ever as a kid. I liked him the best. And it took me years to figure out that Wolverine didn't have metal nubs on the back of his hands like he did sometimes on the show. I always thought that was kinda gross.Yeah, I think I may've cried when Beast got shot by the Sentinels. That was sad. :(

It made for some cool stuff though. Like when Magneto came to break him out of jail - and then, ultimately when he got the presidential pardon. That was cool.

I'm still not clear on what people intended from those little things the claws came out of... :p

The Human Target
06-27-2005, 12:42 AM
Yeah, I think I may've cried when Beast got shot by the Sentinels. That was sad. :(

It made for some cool stuff though. Like when Magneto came to break him out of jail - and then, ultimately when he got the presidential pardon. That was cool.

I'm still not clear on what people intended from those little things the claws came out of... :p

I think it was the fact that claws bursting through a mans skin was a little too hardcore for the kids. But I just always wondered if he ever got stuff lodge up in those cubby holes.

Mike Haseloff
06-27-2005, 01:05 AM
I think it was the fact that claws bursting through a mans skin was a little too hardcore for the kids. But I just always wondered if he ever got stuff lodge up in those cubby holes.:lol:

I actually always thought they looked kinda cool.
Especially on the brown costume! :cool:

The Human Target
06-27-2005, 01:13 AM
:lol:

I actually always thought they looked kinda cool.
Especially on the brown costume! :cool:

If he has to wear a costume, its this or the leather with undershirt in NXM.

http://wolverine.x-knights.com/fullsize/wolverine190.jpg

Mike Haseloff
06-27-2005, 01:30 AM

http://wolverine.x-knights.com/fullsize/wolverine190.jpgGreat looking art, but I just don't feel the Ross costume. All those points into his body... it just looks ridiculous, to me.

I'm definitely down with the New X-Men look, though.

And I just have a soft spot for the eighties brown. :D
Spidey's black costume too. Yay the eighties!

The Roman Candle
06-27-2005, 02:40 AM

http://wolverine.x-knights.com/fullsize/wolverine190.jpg

The NXM was cool until it went all gay sailor. PUT ON AN UNDERSHIRT, YOU FURRY BASTARD!

Mike Haseloff
06-27-2005, 02:42 AM
The NXM was cool until it went all gay sailor. PUT ON AN UNDERSHIRT, YOU FURRY BASTARD!Actually, it didn't go gay sailor, it went commando.

Snikity snikt, yo. :cool:

Dread Pirate Wren
06-27-2005, 02:56 AM
The NXM was cool until it went all gay sailor. PUT ON AN UNDERSHIRT, YOU FURRY BASTARD!

Yeah, there is something pretty very uncomfortable making about that unzipping picture. Is it the homo-eroticism or just plain eroticism. I just don't know.

Oh, and I hearted this show so much when I was a young girl:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y31/slivery_wren/toysrus-xmen-edit1.jpg

sto110
06-27-2005, 05:27 AM
they play all of these cartoons of jetix the name of the programming block on toon disney i think. spiderman, xmen, amazing friends and htey just added hulk and FF