PDA

View Full Version : SNL - Gerard Butler 'What Up With That?'

Rafiennes
10-19-2009, 12:11 PM
Jason Sedeikis has been cracking me up all weekend with this shit...

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/clips/what-up-with-that/1167696/

Genius J
10-19-2009, 01:13 PM
I couldn't get through the first two minutes of watching this.

joshsapien
10-19-2009, 01:21 PM
i was constantly laughing at Sudeikis in that. man, he killed it

-josh

TheKraken
10-19-2009, 01:22 PM
I would watch this if it was a real show.

information
10-19-2009, 01:22 PM
I wish I wasn't as amused by that sketch as I am. I realize that laughing at it amounts to rewarding bad behavior, but I can't help it.

edwardmblake
10-19-2009, 01:26 PM
When I saw this, I thought it had to suck, but they really have something here.

Dark Sasha
10-19-2009, 01:28 PM
I wish I wasn't as amused by that sketch as I am. I realize that laughing at it amounts to rewarding bad behavior, but I can't help it.

What up with that?!

Kedd
10-19-2009, 01:35 PM
It was better than most of what I saw last night, but it went on a bit too long. The best part was when Kennan starting singing along with as Abby was talking

BCD
10-19-2009, 01:44 PM
So as I start watching the video I'm thinking to myself, that song is awfully unfunny and going on far too long. Even if it was intentionally awfully unfunny, they got that point across fairly quickly and could have moved on sooner. Then he broke out into song the second time and I stopped the video and closed the window.

So I read the rest of the thread, some people seem to enjoy it and there was mention of someone in it who I hadn't seen in the segment I viewed. I figure, what the hell, and give it a second chance.

Turns out the bad singing completely without any comedic trait is the entire sketch.

To those of you who's words made me reconsider said sketch, I fucking hate you all and I hope you shart yourselves in public.

Kedd
10-19-2009, 01:59 PM
So as I start watching the video I'm thinking to myself, that song is awfully unfunny and going on far too long. Even if it was intentionally awfully unfunny, they got that point across fairly quickly and could have moved on sooner. Then he broke out into song the second time and I stopped the video and closed the window.

So I read the rest of the thread, some people seem to enjoy it and there was mention of someone in it who I hadn't seen in the segment I viewed. I figure, what the hell, and give it a second chance.

Turns out the bad singing completely without any comedic trait is the entire sketch.

To those of you who's words made me reconsider said sketch, I fucking hate you all and I hope you shart yourselves in public.

I :shart: you too, BCD. I :Shart: you too.

XXXenophile
10-20-2009, 05:20 AM
Part of it is also the fact they had James Franco show up to just sit there and say nothing.

Celebs geneally don't get used like that on the show.

Then again, the minute in the opening act when they talked about Obama not getting angry I was like "Oh man, Rock's showing up!"

information
10-21-2009, 07:27 AM
On second viewing, this sketch demands a third viewing.

Succumb to the joy.

Generic Poster
10-21-2009, 07:32 AM
Part of it is also the fact they had James Franco show up to just sit there and say nothing.

Celebs geneally don't get used like that on the show.

Then again, the minute in the opening act when they talked about Obama not getting angry I was like "Oh man, Rock's showing up!"

My impression was that Franco was too drunk/stoned to say anything.

Akira
10-21-2009, 08:24 AM
went from 0 to Hilarious pretty slowly, but once it got there, it didn't back down.

leviathan
10-21-2009, 08:44 AM
My impression was that Franco was too drunk/stoned to say anything.

Yeah. I thought they literally just dragged him out of bed to sit on stage and then dumped him right back.

Dan-C
10-21-2009, 09:01 AM
I didn't think that skit was particularly funny. The episode as a whole had some highlights, but that one didn't work for me.

The 300 skit made me laugh. And the way they handled the balloon boy story was good.

bradical
10-21-2009, 09:13 AM
Jason Sedeikis has been cracking me up all weekend with this shit...

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/clips/what-up-with-that/1167696/

i think you must have linked to the wrong sketch, cause that one there is painfully unfunny.

Prime
10-21-2009, 09:22 AM
That sketch is genius, Ad I concurr with Sudeikis Nailing it.

Here's a youtube version for the non-US boarders.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQ028tm4vZs

Anything that gets Abbie Elliot more screen time is okay by me.

As a scot I just thought hearing Butler say

"Pure, dead, brilliant" " fandabidozi" and best of all "Get ma Hole" during update was great.

ERNIE_E
10-21-2009, 09:29 AM
I liked the Beauty and the Beast Sketch. I crashed though midway through. It was a long day so from what I saw I enjoyed it.

Kedd
10-21-2009, 10:44 AM
That sketch is genius, Ad I concurr with Sudeikis Nailing it.

Here's a youtube version for the non-US boarders.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQ028tm4vZs

As a scot I just thought hearing Butler say

"Pure, dead, brilliant" " fandabidozi" and best of all "Get ma Hole" during update was great.

Is "fandabidozi" an actual thing? What is up with you wacky scots?

Prime
10-21-2009, 10:55 AM
Is "fandabidozi" an actual thing? What is up with you wacky scots?

It's the catchphrase of an 70's and 80's comedy duo called "the Krankies" It basically means "Brilliant"

They were one of the biggest Kids entertainers in the 80's

http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/8265/article1052850028a3bcd0.jpg

And just in case that picture doesn't scare you enough, "wee jimmy Krankie" (the schoolboy above) is actually the Wife of the guy playing his dad... :scared:

( "Get ma Hole" BTW means "get laid", the hole in question is well, you know....)

Dan-C
10-21-2009, 10:58 AM

Yep. She's almost a background player despite being brought on halfway through last season.

I liked the Beauty and the Beast Sketch. I crashed though midway through. It was a long day so from what I saw I enjoyed it.

That one was pretty good, too. I just pictured one of the SNL writers sitting there watching the movie with his 5 year old daughter going "how could I make this movie better?"

Kedd
10-21-2009, 11:07 AM
It's the catchphrase of an 70's and 80's comedy duo called "the Krankies" It basically means "Brilliant"

And just in case that picture doesn't scare you enough, "wee jimmy Krankie" (the schoolboy above) is actually the Wife of the guy playing his dad... :scared:

( "Get ma Hole" BTW means "get laid", the hole in question is well, you know....)
That is...odd. Also, I shall adopt "Fandabidozi" and "Get Ma Hole" into my daily use of slang. You wacky Scots are among my most favored Europeans.

Rafiennes
10-21-2009, 11:15 AM
Well, this sketch has ended up on BENDIS' twitter...which sounds nasty

Prime
10-21-2009, 11:16 AM
That is...odd. Also, I shall adopt "Fandabidozi" and "Get Ma Hole" into my daily use of slang. You wacky Scots are among my most favored Europeans.

Sometimes we just use "Get ma Nat king" instead.

Nat king = nat king cole = Hole. easy. although ryhming slank is seen as more of a London/cockney thing.

OOOh
Bendis just tweeted my youtube link :D

Martin J
10-21-2009, 01:40 PM

Ah the memories they and Glen Michael make up most of my childhood.

superskrull
10-22-2009, 09:56 AM
I threw the sketch on the GROUND!

batmanbooyah
10-22-2009, 10:17 AM

my sentiments exactly.

information
10-23-2009, 07:21 AM

Why do you think it is you're so intimidated by God-like greatness?

AceOfSpades
10-24-2009, 03:29 AM
I liked it. But hey, that's just me. Sudeikis was the best part about it though.

stevapalooza
10-24-2009, 03:57 AM
Once I realized that the gag was the singing I just fast forwarded thru it on my DVR. I feel no regret.

CPA
10-24-2009, 09:52 AM

So much hate for that skit.

What up with that?