PDA

View Full Version : Some confusion about the Secret Warriors time line.

TheKraken
10-17-2009, 01:29 PM
I have just finished reading SW#8, and am not sure about its relationship to Dark Avengers #9 and the Secret Warriors List special. I am now assuming DA#9 goes before this arc and The List technically comes after in spite of the publishing schedule. Is that about right?

Probably my favorite new superhero series of the year, this. I'm an easy sale for Nick Fury and the old SHIELD cast in the first place, but the detail and craft going into this story is really engaging, and the Secret Warriors themselves are great new characters.

I also think Ares' appearances in this arc, DA#9 and the various List specials has given me a new appreciation for him as a character. I'd never read him before Mighty Avengers, and he's proving to be more complex than I gave him credit for at first.

NickT
10-17-2009, 02:00 PM
I don't think we can really say for certain until the next issue.

I would guess DA first and then the current arc and the List Special at roughly the same time.

panco
10-17-2009, 02:02 PM
I have just finished reading SW#8, and am not sure about its relationship to Dark Avengers #9 and the Secret Warriors List special. I am now assuming DA#9 goes before this arc and The List technically comes after in spite of the publishing schedule. Is that about right?

That's the only explanation I can think of too.

bartleby
10-17-2009, 02:06 PM
Wasn't there a note in the recap page on SECRET WARRIORS: THE LIST that mentioned when it takes place in respect to the regular series?

panco
10-17-2009, 02:11 PM
Wasn't there a note in the recap page on SECRET WARRIORS: THE LIST that mentioned when it takes place in respect to the regular series?

I checked you're absolutely right :

http://i.newsarama.com/images/drlistsw001_int_0001.jpg

This issue takes place after the events of SECRET WARRIORS #9

bartleby
10-17-2009, 02:16 PM
I thought so. I couldn't figure out any good reason why they didn't just push that issue back another month and release it after SECRET WARRIORS #9.

Criden
10-17-2009, 02:29 PM
That List special was really terrific. McGuinness's art completed the story excellently. Easily my favorite SW story to date. Good stuff!

JHickman
10-17-2009, 04:45 PM
The issue you're going to want is #10... it clears up all those timeline questions.

Glad you're liking it, but honestly, it's pretty mediocre right now compared to how things are going to get.

greg donovan
10-17-2009, 04:47 PM
The issue you're going to want is #10... it clears up all those timeline questions.

Glad you're liking it, but honestly, it's pretty mediocre right now compared to how things are going to get.

so you are intending for us to read them out of sequence?

i was waiting to read the list issue till after 9 but i will read it right now if that is the case.

JHickman
10-17-2009, 05:07 PM
so you are intending for us to read them out of sequence?

i was waiting to read the list issue till after 9 but i will read it right now if that is the case.

No, we fucked up the schedule. 9 was supposed to come out, then the LIST issue two weeks later, then 10 two weeks after that.

greg donovan
10-17-2009, 05:09 PM
No, we fucked up the schedule. 9 was supposed to come out, then the LIST issue two weeks later, then 10 two weeks after that.

ok, i will continue to wait then, thanks. thought it might have been one of those deals where the story starts inthe middle and then the next scene opens with "15 minutes ago", or something like that.

Spidey616
10-17-2009, 05:14 PM
I'm still waiting for #12 where Hickman has promised to reveal the identity of Stonewall's father :boogie:

JHickman
10-17-2009, 05:17 PM
I'm still waiting for #12 where Hickman has promised to reveal the identity of Stonewall's father :boogie:

Wrote that yesterday actually...

Brother Power the Gong
10-18-2009, 05:06 AM
Speaking of timelines, when do Iron Man "Most Wanted," the Thunderbolts/Secret Warriors crossover and "Reborn" take place in relation to each other?

Black Widow is, of course, heavily featured in all of those, and they all see to be taking place around the same time. BW couldn't be doing her undercover thing with the Bolts while the other two took place.

I guess I'm trainspotting for some line in which Osborn says something like: "That bitch has been everywhere! Ares, put her on the List." She does deserve her own List one-shot at this point.

NickT
10-18-2009, 05:14 AM
Speaking of timelines, when do Iron Man "Most Wanted," the Thunderbolts/Secret Warriors crossover and "Reborn" take place in relation to each other?

Black Widow is, of course, heavily featured in all of those, and they all see to be taking place around the same time. BW couldn't be doing her undercover thing with the Bolts while the other two took place.

I guess I'm trainspotting for some line in which Osborn says something like: "That bitch has been everywhere! Ares, put her on the List." She does deserve her own List one-shot at this point.
I don't think it really matters, they all basically stand alone. Tbolts-Iron Man-Reborn maybe?

BCD
10-18-2009, 05:21 AM
Secret Warriors is my favorite comic that Marvel is putting out, and it's killing me to have The List one shot sitting on my night stand just taunting me waiting to be read.

Is it really only going to be 30 or so issues? As much as I hate to see the title go, I'm kind of thrilled to the idea of it being a finite series with a complete 3rd act.

panco
10-18-2009, 05:38 AM
As much as I hate to see the title go, I'm kind of thrilled to the idea of it being a finite series with a complete 3rd act.

Same here. Story won't be streched and that's great.

greg donovan
10-29-2009, 09:35 PM
just read #9 and The List. definately glad i waited.

that was a nice pair of comics. great art and great story as usual. i was pleasantly surprised to see the bonus files in the back of the list.

speaking of lists, i think Fury's list looks like a whole lot more fun.