PDA

View Full Version : Oeming working with Valve

antithesis
08-14-2009, 05:20 PM
In the GameTrailers TV episode that aired this week, the CEO of Valve notes that they have been working on a comic, and someone they felt fit in well with what they produce is Mike Oeming.

You can view the video here, or go to GTTV for the Hi-def.

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/08/14/an-amusement-park-full-of-zombies-care-of-left-4-dead-2/#continued

I found it interesting that Mike feels that motion comics are not the way to go (possibly just in Valve's case, but I'd like to learn more).

Sorry if someone posted this before.. I had a quick look and didn't see anything.

Ultimate Lurker
08-14-2009, 06:21 PM
Yeah he's been working with Valve for a little while now.

Supreme Convoy
08-14-2009, 06:24 PM
I think Oeming did art for Team Fortress. But a Valve comic? That could be cool.

RyanP
08-14-2009, 06:37 PM
I think Oeming did art for Team Fortress. But a Valve comic? That could be cool.

are those donuts in your sig?

Supreme Convoy
08-14-2009, 06:54 PM
are those donuts in your sig?

Nah, they're arts & crafts fuse beads that kids use. You make a design out of the beads and melt them with an iron.

Instead of making puppies or a horse, I made the Watchmen symbol :lol:

RyanP
08-14-2009, 07:01 PM
Nah, they're arts & crafts fuse beads that kids use. You make a design out of the beads and melt them with an iron.

Instead of making puppies or a horse, I made the Watchmen symbol :lol:

I see. I could not figure out what they were and everytime I see it I think "those aren't donutes are they and if they are, who the fuck makes red donuts?"