PDA

View Full Version : Superman/Batman question (the comic)

Bandit Chimera
06-23-2005, 01:16 PM
Ok so i just bought the first trade of Superman/Batman i enjoyed the trade but was wondering if the other trades were relevant, or good, compared to the first one and the DC crisis going on now.

Im considering buying them anywho but i wanted other peoples reactions to this book. Care to give your opinion?

BriRedfern
06-23-2005, 01:18 PM
Not the place to ask apparently. 90% of the people here hate it. I have found it all to be as mildly entertaining, in an old fashioned way, as the first arc.

Olivier E.
06-23-2005, 01:18 PM
My opinion was that from issue 7, the series went downhill, but if you enjoed the first story keep reading

Bill Nolan
06-23-2005, 01:43 PM
I think there is only one other hardcover so far, with a third coming out soon. I don't know if vol. 2 is available in softcover yet, but I haven't seen it.

- Bill

Ray G.
06-23-2005, 01:45 PM
I enjoy it. The Supergirl arc is a lot of fun, although they try to cram a bit too much into it. But of course I would love it. I'm a big fan of the third arc, with alternate realities, and issue #19, with Supergirl, is a blast. Issue #20, though, was terrible. But it's only the start of the arc, so maybe it'll get better.

Lab-Rat
06-23-2005, 01:48 PM
I thought that the arc following the first trade was a little lackluster...the fill in issue that Pat Lee did the art for was crap...but after that things started to get REALLY good again. I have no idea about the current story going on as I haven't read it.

xyzzy
06-23-2005, 01:48 PM
I've read the first trade, which I enjoyed. Most people here seem to hate the series, though.

The other two volumes are available in hc but not tpb, so I haven't read them yet.

THWIP!
06-23-2005, 01:49 PM
I wasn't a big fan of the Supergirl arc, I thought it was boring. But I enjoyed the shit out of Pacheo arc, that was fun.

TIP
06-23-2005, 01:49 PM
I've enjoyed the entire run. Good fun stuff.

T

ChrisCollins
06-23-2005, 01:53 PM
If you enjoyed the first arc you'll like the Supergirl arc. The art is a little iffy at times (almost Leifeldian proportions on some characters) but also lends itself to some really great action sequences.

The Pacheco arc had some great art, but wasn't really all that interesting.

Its really too early to judge Loeb's last arc, so we'll see. I agree though that the first issue wasn't all that promising. How many government sponsered super-teams does DC really need? And half an issue of Bizzaro-speak is a bit excessive. I felt like I was four years old again trying to figure out the logic of their conversation.

DrMachine
06-23-2005, 01:58 PM
I really liked the first arc, and the supergirl arc was really cool with all the New Gods stuff, but the art was so-so

the alternate reality storyline did nothing for me, and one issue into the current arc (Ultimates parody) I lost interest in the series and dropped it

The Human Target
06-23-2005, 02:01 PM
Honestly, the fact that this book exists kinda hurts me. So no, I don't think you should keep buying it.

Ray G.
06-23-2005, 02:03 PM
Honestly, the fact that this book exists kinda hurts me. So no, I don't think you should keep buying it.

But.....but it gave us Supergirl.

Why must you hate freedom so?

NickT
06-23-2005, 02:06 PM
I read the Supergirl arc, and thought it was awful. It felt like first they decided what SUpergirl would wear, and then did a story.

Ray G.
06-23-2005, 02:07 PM
I read the Supergirl arc, and thought it was awful. It felt like first they decided what SUpergirl would wear, and then did a story.

You, my friend, are obviously not good at reading subtext. ;)

The Human Target
06-23-2005, 02:15 PM
But.....but it gave us Supergirl.

Why must you hate freedom so?

Eh, fuck Supergirl. There were already like 5 of her, and they were all lame girl versions of Supes. And I hate them all.

Olivier E.
06-23-2005, 02:23 PM
Eh, fuck Supergirl. There were already like 5 of her, and they were all lame girl versions of Supes. And I hate them all.

the black haired was cool :)

Ray G.
06-23-2005, 02:24 PM
the black haired was cool :)

Them's fighting words. I would have given you a pass if you said that about Linda Danvers, who was a really good stopgap Supergirl, but Cir-El?

Oh, you're being sarcastic, aren't you? :LOL:

Olivier E.
06-23-2005, 02:28 PM
Them's fighting words. I would have given you a pass if you said that about Linda Danvers, who was a really good stopgap Supergirl, but Cir-El?

Oh, you're being sarcastic, aren't you? :LOL:

:no:

markhow
06-23-2005, 02:58 PM
I forget what issue # it was but the issue where they had the giant robots fighting in Japan was a really fun issue.
I'm not a big fan of Superman but I have liked the series so far, if that means anything. I'm not sure though if I'm gonna keep getting it after Loeb leaves when this arc is done.

Peace,
Mark

TheKraken
06-23-2005, 03:05 PM
1-6 were entertaining, but they got just more and more ludicrious as they went. #6 was just too silly for me. And with Pat Lee and Michael Turner coming up on art chores, I dropped that shizz like a bad habit. I plan to pick up the arc by Pacheco in tpb if DC ever bothers to release it, but it's really only because I love Carlos' art.

The Human Target
06-23-2005, 03:17 PM
:no:

http://www.herorealm.com/images/March/SupermanBatmanCv22.jpg