PDA

View Full Version : I'm switching from Mac to PC

Oeming
08-11-2009, 10:10 AM
Find out why here-
www.michaeloeming.com

thoughts? Smart ass comments from rich motherfuckers with Mac Laptop Wacoms that rub your feet while you work?

Mary E. Brickthrower, MEB Grim
08-11-2009, 04:10 PM
I don't know what a wacom is...?

And I hate macs.

That is all.

Mikie
08-11-2009, 07:04 PM
Boo!!!

Spank Everest
08-11-2009, 07:24 PM
Ugh......HP....really? That's a damn shame.

I'm not even a Mac lover....but HP....ugh.

Ziggy
08-11-2009, 08:10 PM
we're recently built a touch screen kiosk application for disney at work and they sent us one of those HP touchscreen computers to test with, and you know what? it was a great machine. fuck the haters, mike. use it. enjoy it.

Boss Hogg
08-11-2009, 08:29 PM
I understand the eagerness to switch.... However, when I was employeed by the big blue electronics giant, those devices were frequently finding there back into our stores, and not in a good way. Be cautious with it, if at all possible wait as I am sure apple will lauch a tablet sooner rather than later. save your money.

GabeJa
08-11-2009, 09:50 PM
fine by me. However, does this mean no more original art being produced?

Thomas Mauer
08-12-2009, 12:16 AM
Dude, that's better than having a Cintiq you have to hook up to the graphics card.

I have a 12" and the resolution is much lower than on my LCDs, which is fucking with my computer OCD. :lol:

Though Cintiqs in general rock the house!

M. Sean McManus
08-12-2009, 05:47 AM
As soon as I need a new laptop, I'm switching too.

My G4 Powerbook is going on year five or six and it's still keeping up alright.

ZeeS
08-12-2009, 09:42 AM
I think its good to get something portable...I'm not hating on the pc vs mac thing, that's whatever...I just don't think computer coloring is any faster or better than the real thing.

Taki Soma
08-12-2009, 09:49 AM
I've had virtually the same model Mike just got for a year now.

I've drawn all 3 covers of Rapture with it, among other stuff. I've done inking on it and doodled when bored.

I :heart: this laptop for it's portability, wacom-on-screen capability, and it's listening skills.

I love the price too. Sure, mac will probably have something better, but you get what you pay for, and you pay big for mac. Besides that, I want to be able to upgrade to the next gen. of this laptop in another year without guilt.

Thomas Mauer
08-13-2009, 10:57 AM
This might be of interest to people with older Macs:

http://indesignsecrets.com/adobe-dropping-support-for-powerpc-macs-in-indesign-cs5.php

Adobe Dropping Support for PowerPC Macs in InDesign CS5

Adobe today announced that future versions of the Creative Suite for the Mac OS would no longer support computers with the PowerPC chipset. That is, CS5 and later will only support Intel-based Macs.

Wow.

Well, given that Apple itself is dropping PowerPC support in Snow Leopard (10.6), it’s kind of a no-brainer that Adobe would follow along. But it’s still a bit of a shock to see it in writing. I’m glad that Adobe has released this information now, so that companies that expect to upgrade to CS5 will have time to ensure their hardware is upgraded, too.

In the meantime, Adobe notes: “Those who own Creative Suite 3 and Creative Suite 4 will still be able to use the software on either a PowerPC based Mac or an Intel based Mac and do not have to upgrade their software. However, Adobe will not be developing for this platform other than for critical issues that may arise.”

You can learn more at Adobe’s CS FAQ page.

ZeeS
08-13-2009, 11:11 AM
Straight technological discrimination....

M. Sean McManus
08-13-2009, 11:25 AM
This might be of interest to people with older Macs:

http://indesignsecrets.com/adobe-dropping-support-for-powerpc-macs-in-indesign-cs5.php
=) Why is it a shock to the guy that wrote review?

Thomas Mauer
08-13-2009, 11:39 AM
=) Why is it a shock to the guy that wrote review?

Good question. IIRC, Blatner was the one who posted on that blog way back about Adobe rewriting everything from the ground up because Apple changed the architecture of OSX, and that the 64bit version of Photoshop CS4 wouldn't be available for the Mac until that was done.

Oeming
08-13-2009, 11:57 AM
Well, I've been using ti for a week now- has taken some getting used to but I likes it lots! Way better than the wacom tab I had, having the screen as a wacom is a complete new world.
!

Mikie
08-14-2009, 11:15 AM
As soon as I need a new laptop, I'm switching too.

My G4 Powerbook is going on year five or six and it's still keeping up alright.

Consider what you just wrote. You really want to switch still?

Arion
08-17-2009, 11:52 AM
I think its good to get something portable...I'm not hating on the pc vs mac thing, that's whatever...I just don't think computer coloring is any faster or better than the real thing.

Ah, the never-ending hate.