PDA

View Full Version : Emerald City Con?

Scott Wegener
08-06-2009, 05:24 AM
Who's been, is it awesome, and so forth, etc. etc.

Clevinger things we should go this year, but I'm not sure. Its a 2 day show and it's 2500 miles away.

Has anyone been, and what sort of show is it? Like, SDCC is a pop culture mess, Heroes is an artist's dream, etc.

Ziggy
08-06-2009, 06:16 AM
did it in 08. thought it was a good show and definitely plan to get back there one of these years. i'd say the closest it is in tone is to baltimore. a nice mid-size show that mainly focuses on comics. it's a little bigger than baltimore, but the tone is the same.

plus, that's where i saw a booth that had this at the top of it:

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm191/operationretard/poop.jpg

Scott Wegener
08-06-2009, 06:41 AM
Baltimore is always a good show. I haven't been the last two years, but now I have a frame of reference. Cool.

tdaniel
08-06-2009, 07:37 AM
Been several years and will go this year. Smallish but getting bigger and bigger. It is definitely not a pop culture mish-mash, much more comics focused I'm sure than SDCC. I've enjoyed it because it's big enough to feel legit and still small enough that you might actually get to talk to a writer or artist for a moment or two.

Please go! Also, ask Mike, he's been a couple of times now.

fictionclemens
08-06-2009, 10:31 AM
I love ECCC... just something magical about it, and yeah, it's growing up pretty fast.

SKAtoons
08-06-2009, 12:29 PM
i'll be there next year! it'll be good to see Mike and Taki!!! YAY!

Chris Moreno
08-07-2009, 02:42 PM
Dude, you should totally do Emerald City. I've done it for the past two years, and it's one of the best shows-- great staff, super-cool fans, and it's a beautiful city with a lot available in the area surrounding the con center.

Steve Lieber
08-07-2009, 06:13 PM
I always enjoy exhibiting at Emerald City. The show is busy and always seems a good match for its venue, the crowds are enthusiastic, and the organizer, Jim Demonakos keeps things running incredibly smoothly.