PDA

View Full Version : Trailer: Book of Eli (Denzel and Oldman in Post Apocalypse Film)

schizorabbit
07-23-2009, 04:22 PM
Fallout 3: The Movie?

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/thebookofeli/

Dusto
07-23-2009, 04:28 PM
They had me at Mila Kunis.

Seriously, though, looks cool.

Adam Geen
07-23-2009, 04:33 PM
Apocalyptic Man on Fire! Yes! :)

schizorabbit
07-23-2009, 04:38 PM
Wow, the Hughes Brothers haven't done anything in almost ten years. I remember when there was a bunch of hype about 'em when they first busted out on the filmmaking scene with Menace II Society and Dead Presidents, and although I disliked From Hell, I loved its look. They're good at da Rated R stuff.

Petey Parker
07-23-2009, 04:41 PM
Lookin good

WhindamPryce
07-23-2009, 04:51 PM
Looks sweet! I love both Denzel and Oldman, so yeah I'm there in 6 months :)

THWIP!
07-23-2009, 04:52 PM
Not bad.

Kurt Russell Crowe
07-23-2009, 04:58 PM
I like it. Denzel is always great, even when picks a bad project.

JoeE
07-23-2009, 05:00 PM
Yeah, there's nothing in that trailer that doesn't look like it's out of Fallout 3.

I wondered where the Hughes Brothers went. I was sure Alan Moore had put a hex on them or something.

Don't know why they're shooting for the shitty January release date, though.

Jonny Z
07-23-2009, 05:00 PM
january 15th is a pretty weird time for a movie like this to be released.

schizorabbit
07-23-2009, 05:01 PM
They had me at Mila Kunis.

Seriously, though, looks cool.

Mila Kunis. I just saw her and James Franco makin' fun of The Hills.

Foolish Mortal
07-23-2009, 05:01 PM
Yeah, there's nothing in that trailer that doesn't look like it's out of Fallout 3.
Yeah, I'm thinking more Road Warrior/The Postman.

Magnum V.I.
07-23-2009, 05:02 PM
From watching the trailer it looks good but I think it will suffer from "Random fights out of nowhere to show how bad ass denzel is and how awful this world is."-itis.

But we shall see.

schizorabbit
07-23-2009, 05:14 PM
From watching the trailer it looks good but I think it will suffer from "Random fights out of nowhere to show how bad ass denzel is and how awful this world is."-itis.

But we shall see.

I read on another website that there's this one scene where the Denzel character, Eli, finds a jack-in-a-box in the middle of an abandoned, decrepit home. He turns the handle, the well-known "Pop Goes the Weazel" song starts to play, and right at the moment the notes hit the "pop" part, the box top flies open and

a half of dozen ninjas jump out of it.

Akira
07-23-2009, 05:39 PM
I hate apple and quicktime with a passion, so I'm not clicking on that link, but the thought of Denzel Washington and Gary "Greatest Living Actor" Oldman in a post-apocalyptic movie has me interested. The Hughes Bros directing has the money already out of my pocket.

Magnum V.I.
07-23-2009, 05:40 PM
I read on another website that there's this one scene where the Denzel character, Eli, finds a jack-in-a-box in the middle of an abandoned, decrepit home. He turns the handle, the well-known "Pop Goes the Weazel" song starts to play, and right at the moment the notes hit the "pop" part, the box top flies open and

a half of dozen ninjas jump out of it.

:eek:

Maybe this movie will be awesome!

schizorabbit
07-23-2009, 05:40 PM
I hate apple and quicktime with a passion

C'mon!!!!! Do EEETTT!!!!

The Hodag
07-23-2009, 05:42 PM
That don't look so good to me. I don't think I've liked any of the Hughes Brothers movies, and "badass loner trekking across the wasteland" has become its own cliche. I guess the novel I Am Legend kicked off the modern version of it, but I doubt it's ever been done better than The Road Warrior.

I am interested in The Road, which looks decidedly grittier, but I'll read the book on that first. I suspect I'll like its realism more than the kung fu style of Book of Eli.

I honestly wish the non-realistic post-apocalypse movies would lean more in the realm of Fallout's dark fantasy: giant ants, radioactive mutants, crazy shit like that.

schizorabbit
07-23-2009, 05:53 PM
That don't look so good to me. I don't think I've liked any of the Hughes Brothers movies, and "badass loner trekking across the wasteland" has become its own cliche. I guess the novel I Am Legend kicked off the modern version of it, but I doubt it's ever been done better than The Road Warrior.

I am interested in The Road, which looks decidedly grittier, but I'll read the book on that first. I suspect I'll like its realism more than the kung fu style of Book of Eli.

I honestly wish the non-realistic post-apocalypse movies would lean more in the realm of Fallout's dark fantasy: giant ants, radioactive mutants, crazy shit like that.

What if I were to tell you that the arch nemesis of the film is a telekinetic and telepathic mutant cigar-chomping jellyfish named Big Boss who lives in a levitating glass jar who has a 300 pound lesbian mohawk sporting lesbian as a bodyguard that's dressed in latex bondage gear and armed with spiked brass knuckles?

Akira
07-23-2009, 05:56 PM
C'mon!!!!! Do EEETTT!!!!

ha! found it on you tube :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x59mazcpUdY

and yeah that looks fallout 3 esque as a mufucka

The Hodag
07-23-2009, 09:13 PM
What if I were to tell you that the arch nemesis of the film is a telekinetic and telepathic mutant cigar-chomping jellyfish named Big Boss who lives in a levitating glass jar who has a 300 pound lesbian mohawk sporting lesbian as a bodyguard that's dressed in latex bondage gear and armed with spiked brass knuckles?

:ecstatic: