PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday Comics

Marques
07-15-2009, 05:08 AM
Just wanted to chime in and see what you guys think of DC's WED Comics line that's started last week.

Personally I think it's one of the coolest things comics have done in a long time and I like the pairing of the characters with a majority of their creative teams.

My only complaint is the price. At $4 bucks, and yes I'm rounding it up a penny from it's $3.99 cover price, I feel it might be a tad pricey. That's just nit picking though.

Scott Wegener
07-15-2009, 05:36 AM
Don't you get something like 60+ pages of comics though?

LuchadorAl
07-15-2009, 09:49 AM
i think it's a great idea and they pulled it off pretty well. it has me excited to hit the lcs on wednesday again .. .

al

Marques
07-15-2009, 06:31 PM
Don't you get something like 60+ pages of comics though?

no, you get 8 pages or 16 1 page stories in newspaper size. you should check it out.

Scott Wegener
07-16-2009, 03:48 AM
That doesn't sound like a bad deal really. If there are 8 actual pages, that's 32 "pages" of comics. And in a huge format.

I'd love to check it out. I'd also love for someone to make the drive to my LCS to get it for me. I only get down there about once every 3 months.

SKAtoons
07-16-2009, 05:09 AM
i'm hitting the LCS today. I might pick this up, mostly because Cheeks has a story in it......

LuchadorAl
07-16-2009, 05:58 AM
jesus scott. . . only every 3 months?

pm my your address and i'll send you one . . . you live in maryland, right?

al

tdaniel
07-16-2009, 06:52 AM
It is not over-priced, though the thought crossed my mind. I got #2 yesterday with #1 on order as it sold out here in Montana.

Hi-white newpaper, excellent quality of story, and you know there is something remarkable about unfolding that sucker and it's amost four times the size of a normal comics page. For an example of how to use this new format properly and make an impression, check out Gaimin/Allred's Metamorpho page...the splash panel is GIGANTIC.
This is the IMAX of comics.

tdaniel
07-16-2009, 06:53 AM
i'm hitting the LCS today. I might pick this up, mostly because Cheeks has a story in it......

First thing my daughter saw when we sat on the front porch reading it, the page just randomly opened to his story and she exclaimed "CHE-E-EEEEKS!" yes my daughter is that cool.

Marques
07-16-2009, 03:59 PM
The Metamorpho story is my favorite so far, followed by Flash, and then so on. Everything else is awesome too.

I love how at the bottom of the 2nd Metamorpho story they have the Metamorpho Fan Club kids saying how he is the coolest character ever, haha.

SKAtoons
07-17-2009, 08:08 AM
i actually didnt pick this up, the idea of having to storage, basically a newspaper was too annoying to me.......