PDA

View Full Version : "That was my last hat!!!" Oeming's SPIRIT #30

BJLG
06-25-2009, 09:25 AM
What a terrific read! Captures the "spirit" of the original far better than that film!

The highlight is a stupendous 2-page spread featuring a cut-away house, and our hero battling from the top floor, out the window, down the steps, and all toward a forced perspective window shattering escape to freedom.

And unlike Indy, this Spirit does indeed... Lose His Hat!!!

What a fun romp!!!

Oeming
06-25-2009, 01:27 PM
What a terrific read! Captures the "spirit" of the original far better than that film!

The highlight is a stupendous 2-page spread featuring a cut-away house, and our hero battling from the top floor, out the window, down the steps, and all toward a forced perspective window shattering escape to freedom.

And unlike Indy, this Spirit does indeed... Lose His Hat!!!

What a fun romp!!!

Hah! Thanks so much dude! Much appreciate the review!

fictionclemens
06-25-2009, 05:57 PM
Good stuff indeed. The layouts were extremely fun and imaginative.

Dug your "cold war" ending, man. Nicely played :)

SKAtoons
06-25-2009, 07:58 PM
they shop didn't have any but i did get Rapture 2. Yell at Wade for not haveing it in stock!

shoelaceless
06-26-2009, 04:11 PM
Good stuff indeed. The layouts were extremely fun and imaginative.

Agreed! I loved the issue. It makes me wish Mike could have taken over after Cooke left.

I also picked up Rapture 1 and 2. Looking forward to reading them.

Oeming
06-28-2009, 09:48 AM
they shop didn't have any but i did get Rapture 2. Yell at Wade for not haveing it in stock!

wwwWWWWAAAAADE!!

M. Sean McManus
06-28-2009, 02:46 PM
We just went to Wade's today too! The kids behind the counter told me it didn't come out yet or something. They didn't seem to be sure.

Also disappointed they didn't have outlaw territory. Did get Rapture 2-- YEAHYY! Love it that Evelyn's last name is "Town", and Gil's is "Borden".