PDA

View Full Version : Questions about online etiquette

JEK
06-02-2009, 04:32 PM
So i am making a blog roll thingy for my website, and i have a question, but i don't know where to go with it, so i figured this was the perfect place because honestly, this is the classiest forum around.

My question is this, should i ask permission before i put a link out up? I feel it is only right to ask, but i don't want anyone to think i am begging for a link of my own, (that is just despicable)

What i have been doing is just sending a simple email to folks, making sure my URL is not in it, and just asking, but i wanted to know what other people think.

Kedd
06-02-2009, 04:37 PM
So i am making a blog roll thingy for my website, and i have a question, but i don't know where to go with it, so i figured this was the perfect place because honestly, this is the classiest forum around.

My question is this, should i ask permission before i put a link out up? I feel it is only right to ask, but i don't want anyone to think i am begging for a link of my own, (that is just despicable)

What i have been doing is just sending a simple email to folks, making sure my URL is not in it, and just asking, but i wanted to know what other people think.

:rofl:

Blue Flash
06-02-2009, 04:38 PM

To be fair, he picked a particularly bad evening to butter us up with that claim.

Epic Conventions
06-02-2009, 04:39 PM
Go ahead and send it. It's their choice if they want to click it or not.

JEK
06-02-2009, 04:58 PM

wow, see, thats just cold....I'm gonna go over there [*points to corner*] and cry.
:cry:

JEK
06-02-2009, 04:59 PM
Go ahead and send it. It's their choice if they want to click it or not.

yeah i suppose you are right, just dont want to come off as a sleaze.

Kedd
06-02-2009, 05:04 PM
wow, see, thats just cold....I'm gonna go over there [*points to corner*] and cry.
:cry:
Hey guy. Hey there.It's ok. Everyone mistakes this place for being classy once in a while :)

JEK
06-02-2009, 05:11 PM
Hey guy. Hey there.It's ok. Everyone mistakes this place for being classy once in a while :)

your picking on me says more about you, then about my statement, just sayin'

Kedd
06-02-2009, 05:13 PM
your picking on me says more about you, then about my statement, just sayin'

It's a joke dude. as was my first post. If you took offense, sorry.:-?jeez

JEK
06-02-2009, 05:22 PM
It's a joke dude. as was my first post. If you took offense, sorry.:-?jeez

I'm sorry, i was simply playing as well, no hard feelings, sorry :Oops:

Kedd
06-02-2009, 05:23 PM
I'm sorry, i was simply playing as well, no hard feelings, sorry :Oops:

Too late for apologies. You're on my arch-enemy list. Just beneath Hickman and Kalicki!!! WAR!!!!!!!!:mad:

Pick The System!
06-02-2009, 05:24 PM
It shouldn't be that much of a problem. I would like to think that the other people would like some extra exposure.

JEK
06-02-2009, 05:26 PM
Too late for apologies. You're on my arch-enemy list. Just beneath Hickman and Kalicki!!! WAR!!!!!!!!:mad:

at least i am in good company

JEK
06-02-2009, 05:26 PM
It shouldn't be that much of a problem. I would like to think that the other people would like some extra exposure.

It is more of a, "should i notify them?" thing

Pick The System!
06-02-2009, 05:40 PM
It is more of a, "should i notify them?" thing

No you shouldn't. They might not respond.

majorjoe23
06-02-2009, 06:31 PM
There's no reason to inform them of a link. They can probably find out where people are clicking through from if they're really curious.

They'll just be happy with more hits.