PDA

View Full Version : The "What Is Kojima's Next Project?" Speculation Megathread

Ryudo
05-27-2009, 09:30 AM
Yeah, so this is awesome...

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/05/26/kojima-teaser-site-updates-with-big-boss/#continued

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2009/05/bigboss.052609-580px.jpg

Another countdown has come to an end on Kojima Productions' now-infamous teaser site, and, in among flashes of lightning, the unmistakable face of Big Boss appears on screen. He looks older than he did in Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater and is wearing a beret bearing a patch which reads "Militares Sans Frontieres" (Military Without Borders).

In Metal Gear canon, Big Boss was part of Long Range Reconnaissance Patrol (LRRP) in Vietnam during 1969 -- five years after the events of Snake Eater and one year before Portable Ops takes place. Will we once again be donning the Greatest Soldier's boots, this time on a sneaking mission in/during 'Nam? The new countdown ends just as E3 begins. Our anticipation? It's endless.

Update: A number of commenters (thanks, guys!) have pointed our attention to a Famitsu scan which shows, among other titillating images, a clear shot of Raiden, assumedly amidst the countdown page's thundering teasers. As techno-Raiden and Naked Snake can't really occupy the same period of time, we're beginning to think Kojima's "NEXT" big project is ... well, two projects. The article's headline roughly reads: "[Interviewer:] Can I possibly publish this all? Kojima: Only if you blank out certain key words."

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2009/05/gam_famitsuscan_580.jpg

ZombieSpeedball
05-27-2009, 09:43 AM
I talked with my friend about how this game will be, and he's such a MGS fan, he told me he doesn't think he can do it. His heart can't take much more. He was so satisfied with MGS4.

Amedeo
05-27-2009, 10:52 AM
MGS4 was such a perfect cap to the series, but if Kojima feels like there should be more, I'll be there....because Kojima in my opinion is truly a master at what he does.

JamesV
05-27-2009, 11:04 AM
THere was speculation last week thanks to a listing in Seven-11 (oy) for a MGS -PS3 and an MSG - PSP that we will have two games.

Kojima in the past has talked about being fascinated with the PSP and I would love to see a game where parts of it are portable. Ever since the GC and GBA could hook up, I've really wanted one company to exploit the idea of not just the home and portable console connecting, but literally letting you have freedom. With all the flashbacks and history, etc, MGS would actually be a perfect series to have a subset of PSP missions that let you play back story on the Go.

Supreme Convoy
05-27-2009, 11:06 AM
I still haven't played MGS4... I hope I can during summer!

Akira
05-27-2009, 11:19 AM
Actually, nix that. Raiden was actually a child soldier for Solidus in the Liberian civil war. So I'm thinking tha's Solidus, not Big Boss. I'm guessing a "side-story" that focuses on Raiden and Solidus. A "Raiden gaiden" if you will.

Supreme Convoy
05-27-2009, 11:22 AM
Actually, nix that. Raiden was actually a child soldier for Solidus in the Liberian civil war. So I'm thinking tha's Solidus, not Big Boss. I'm guessing a "side-story" that focuses on Raiden and Solidus. A "Raiden gaiden" if you will.

Wow, that would be kinda cool actually...

EDIT: I was referring to your post about a MGS1 remake.

woljed
05-27-2009, 11:24 AM
How about a cgi like movie, a la Final Fantasy?

I'm still waiting til they announce a MGS live action movie.

Talannon
05-27-2009, 11:31 AM
I'm still waiting til they announce a MGS live action movie.
Yeah I can't wait for the MGS movie directed by Uwe Boll ... :D

Akira
05-27-2009, 11:38 AM
Wow, that would be kinda cool actually...

EDIT: I was referring to your post about a MGS1 remake.

I agree, a MG remake woulds be cool, but it wouldn't fit with Raiden, since he was way too young to be involved in that

Dark Sasha
05-27-2009, 11:45 AM
Yeah I can't wait for the MGS movie directed by Uwe Boll ... :D

I love his response to that rumour that Boll was going to make a MGS movie.

It basically was "FUCK NO!!! If anyone is doing it, it will be me"

Cth
05-27-2009, 11:47 AM
I love his response to that rumour that Boll was going to make a MGS movie.

It basically was "FUCK NO!!! If anyone is doing it, it will be me"

Yeah, it was called MGS4.. best movie I saw last year. :lol:

Thomas Mauer
05-27-2009, 12:00 PM
And people here used to say Raven over-hypes. :lol:

Fygar
05-27-2009, 12:28 PM
I was hoping he'd step away from Metal Gear, but it appears he hasn't. Since that's the case I'm hoping it's not in the "stealth" genre at all. As said previously an all out action game with Raiden using the MGS4 engine would be heaven. I would love to see Kojima step in and stomp on Devil May Cry, Ninja Gaiden and Bayonetta with his first major action outing. He (and his team) has the talent to do it.