PDA

View Full Version : RAPTURE #1 from Oeming and Soma out this week!

Oeming
05-26-2009, 09:47 AM
Finally! Issue shipping on time from Dark Horse comics this week, two covers, one by myself and the other by Alex Maleev
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j271/Oeming/Rapture/rapture2-2.jpg

Here are some images from the issue- hope you pick it up and enjoy!
M!
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j271/Oeming/Rapture/rapture-02-INT-08.jpg

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j271/Oeming/Rapture/rapture-02-INT-22.jpg

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j271/Oeming/Rapture/RAPTURE001017.jpg

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j271/Oeming/Rapture/RAPTURE001018.jpg

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j271/Oeming/Rapture/Rapture1pg15.jpg

Jef UK
05-26-2009, 12:27 PM
:rock:

That looks scary!

brianquinn
05-26-2009, 07:53 PM
congrats Taki & Mike. very much looking forward to seeing this tomorrow

B

Jason Truong
05-27-2009, 10:58 AM
Great stuff, Taki and Mike! Ahh, gotta love being in Canada. Books out today. :D

SKAtoons
05-27-2009, 11:21 AM
yay! finally!

Boss Hogg
05-27-2009, 06:25 PM
Sold out at my shop, Making an appearance on my pull list as well. Great work you too.

Pick The System!
05-27-2009, 06:27 PM
Congrats guys! The art looks solid!

Taki Soma
05-28-2009, 08:28 AM
Mike's doing a phenomenal job with art, yes? I'm very proud of it and him.

Pick The System!
05-28-2009, 08:52 AM
Mike's doing a phenomenal job with art, yes? I'm very proud of it and him.

I just shelved this at the store I work at and read it: five stars all the way around! I already want #2!

Good job Taki and Mike!

Dave0923
05-28-2009, 01:30 PM
I don't pick up a lot of issues anymore, but when I do it's gotta be something that I love or something that really jumps at me, and when I was in my shop today I flipped through this book and knew I had to buy it. I wasn't dissapointed. It's so original, fresh, and intriguing. Seeing how these epic super hero events would effect real people, looking at romance and heartbreak through crisis, and i loved the perfect mix of post-apocalyptic super hero stuff, and romance. The writing and art is beautiful, and I'll be along for the ride. Thanks a lot guys!

Oeming
05-29-2009, 09:16 AM
I don't pick up a lot of issues anymore, but when I do it's gotta be something that I love or something that really jumps at me, and when I was in my shop today I flipped through this book and knew I had to buy it. I wasn't dissapointed. It's so original, fresh, and intriguing. Seeing how these epic super hero events would effect real people, looking at romance and heartbreak through crisis, and i loved the perfect mix of post-apocalyptic super hero stuff, and romance. The writing and art is beautiful, and I'll be along for the ride. Thanks a lot guys!

Thanks man, glad you dig it! Have you read the DHP online story?

Dave0923
05-29-2009, 11:41 AM
Thanks man, glad you dig it! Have you read the DHP online story?

I did, that's where I got hooked, and I'm deffinitley going to be writing a 200 word heartbreak story so I can get a page from Rapture because I've read a lot of your stuff, Mike, and it's all beautiful but there's something so special about this emotion just jumps off the pages.

fictionclemens
06-02-2009, 10:50 AM
I'm a week late, but I'll be grabbing this tomorrow. Can't wait !!

derrickfish
06-08-2009, 07:48 PM
I've been anxiously awaiting the release of RAPTURE #1 since I first saw preview art of it on Senor Oeming's MySpace page and fell in love. This is a really fantastic comic right out the gate and I loved every page.

This first issue did a pitch perfect job of setting up the story and the universe it exists in in a very short number of pages that read a lot longer than it really was (In the best way possible) thanks to great pacing and wonderful visual storytelling.

Now, I always love your art, Mike, but in this comic, the total package just shines in a unique way that I dig on a whole new level. Taki, your layouts are really energetic and cinematic. The "camera" work was excellent, with wonderfully dramatic shots that never sacrifices clarity.

And on the topic of Val Staples' colors, I was floored. In "Powers", there's a decidedly dark and realistic sense with the colors. In "The Mice Templar", the colors are richly textured and very warm. Now, in "Rapture", I love the palate chosen. The colors are bright and almost surreal which lends to emphasis the uncomfortable "The world is F--ked" feeling that is all over this book.

And DANG if the last page didn't kick me in the gut. Congrats on a first issue that is a textbook example of a great first issue!

MACK!
06-08-2009, 08:27 PM
Congratses!

Taki Soma
06-08-2009, 08:28 PM
I've been anxiously awaiting the release of RAPTURE #1 since I first saw preview art of it on Senor Oeming's MySpace page and fell in love. This is a really fantastic comic right out the gate and I loved every page.

This first issue did a pitch perfect job of setting up the story and the universe it exists in in a very short number of pages that read a lot longer than it really was (In the best way possible) thanks to great pacing and wonderful visual storytelling.

Now, I always love your art, Mike, but in this comic, the total package just shines in a unique way that I dig on a whole new level. Taki, your layouts are really energetic and cinematic. The "camera" work was excellent, with wonderfully dramatic shots that never sacrifices clarity.

And on the topic of Val Staples' colors, I was floored. In "Powers", there's a decidedly dark and realistic sense with the colors. In "The Mice Templar", the colors are richly textured and very warm. Now, in "Rapture", I love the palate chosen. The colors are bright and almost surreal which lends to emphasis the uncomfortable "The world is F--ked" feeling that is all over this book.

And DANG if the last page didn't kick me in the gut. Congrats on a first issue that is a textbook example of a great first issue!

dang, I am so happy you liked it so much.

thank you thank you thank you

Taki Soma
06-08-2009, 08:29 PM
I just shelved this at the store I work at and read it: five stars all the way around! I already want #2!

Good job Taki and Mike!

aww man, thank you so very much. I promise you'll like #2 just as much if not more.

Taki Soma
06-08-2009, 08:30 PM
no, thank YOU!!

Spank Everest
06-09-2009, 03:10 AM
I was so crushed when I wondered into my store on 'The Day of Rapture' to have the owner tell me I had nuthin' waiting for me.

WTF?! :sad:

But then I remembered that's he's completely useless and so I just went in the following day to have the store assistant tell me it's there and it's awesome and he can't wait to hear what I think of it!

HOOORRAAAAAYYY :D

Love it, love it! Beautifully told and the art is LUUUUUSH! Can't wait for #2.

Scott Wegener
06-09-2009, 03:36 AM
Got it, read it, loved it. Really nice work guys.

The Dean
06-09-2009, 10:34 AM
I just read it a second time and I really loved it. I'm hooked and I can't wait for the second issue.

Taki Soma
06-09-2009, 10:58 AM
I was so crushed when I wondered into my store on 'The Day of Rapture' to have the owner tell me I had nuthin' waiting for me.

WTF?! :sad:

But then I remembered that's he's completely useless and so I just went in the following day to have the store assistant tell me it's there and it's awesome and he can't wait to hear what I think of it!

HOOORRAAAAAYYY :D

Love it, love it! Beautifully told and the art is LUUUUUSH! Can't wait for #2.

ah heart crushing and awesome at the same time!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!

Taki Soma
06-09-2009, 10:59 AM
Got it, read it, loved it. Really nice work guys.

Thanks Scott, means a lot.

Taki Soma
06-09-2009, 10:59 AM
I just read it a second time and I really loved it. I'm hooked and I can't wait for the second issue.

Second time? You're two times the awesome audience we want.

Thomas Mauer
06-09-2009, 11:54 AM
Can't wait for more, either. :)

Arion
06-21-2009, 10:55 AM
Can't wait for more, either. :)

We're impatient.