PDA

View Full Version : Stan Bush, what the fuck have you done?

Kefky
05-16-2009, 04:53 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3_EXxwDpq0

Why, man? Why? :miffed:

oconnellmd
05-16-2009, 04:55 AM
I feel dirty.

Thudpucker
05-16-2009, 05:31 AM
:cry: A small piece of me just died.

Supajoe
05-16-2009, 05:37 AM
there's an inordinate amount of 'pensive looks' in that vid.

Lanowar
05-16-2009, 05:44 AM
I saw it somewhere else and after it had done I pretty much rushed onto I-tunes to listen to the orginal.

Petey Parker
05-16-2009, 05:50 AM
I just threw up a little

:sick:

Foolish Mortal
05-16-2009, 05:56 AM
If they left out the silly faux rap parts, it would have been perfect.

ImYrWoodbury
05-16-2009, 05:59 AM
Stan, why throw away your life so recklessly?

Jason California
05-16-2009, 07:11 AM
If they left out the silly faux rap parts, it would have been perfect.

It is horrible all the way around.

Foolish Mortal
05-16-2009, 07:16 AM
It is horrible all the way around.
The original version was cool and all, but it was very much an 80's "Hair Rock" song. It simply wouldn't fit in a 2009 movie.

Jason California
05-16-2009, 07:20 AM
The original version was cool and all, but it was very much an 80's "Hair Rock" song. It simply wouldn't fit in a 2009 movie.

That much is true, but I think he took everything that was cool about the old song and put a lot of modern crap in this one. The song is not even recognizable.

Ben
05-16-2009, 08:19 AM
He doesn't even keep the melody of the original.

Gordon Chumway
05-16-2009, 10:22 AM
So... does this make anyone believe that Prime is going to die?

(Not that I care about these updated Transformers movies)

artimoff
05-16-2009, 10:25 AM
I have no idea what this is.

I thought Stan Bush was the Bush's baked beans guy.

Jason California
05-16-2009, 10:29 AM
Here is the original in its kick ass glory. I love this scene so much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkYuK3AKrxc

Petey Parker
05-16-2009, 10:50 AM
So... does this make anyone believe that Prime is going to die?

(Not that I care about these updated Transformers movies)

He submitted The Touch for the first film as well (It wasn't used). This isn't actually from the new movie. Just something he submitted for contention.

The version that was used on that episode of Chuck was the one he sent in for the first one.

Here's The Touch (2007) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW6p3xZSmMg)

Supreme Convoy
05-16-2009, 11:01 AM
Man, I love that song... but not that version :lol:

David Aspmo
05-16-2009, 11:22 AM
Eh, it fits perfectly with the sensibilities of the new movies, as far as I'm concerned.

I'm just happy they actually had Stan Bush participate (just like I was happy they had Peter Cullen participate in the movies). Good for him for getting a nice gig.

Edit: Ah, didn't realize this wasn't an official thing. I guess change that to "I'd be happy if they actually let Stat Bush participate...", then.

Xander Boune
05-16-2009, 11:46 AM
Smiling guitar man amuses me... rapping toolbox not so much. The song is fine for what it's trying to be, which is updating a 80s power ballad into something more acceptable for today's audiences. It's not a wonderful remake by any means, but I personally hope it makes the soundtrack for nostalgia purposes and for Stan Bush.

Dark Sasha
05-16-2009, 11:47 AM
Not bad for an old timer!

EDIT: No it's pretty bad.

The Hodag
05-16-2009, 11:58 AM
That's pretty bad.

What I don't get is the obsessive love for the original. But then again, I didn't see it till I was an adult...

gomi
05-16-2009, 12:11 PM
I felt ashamed just watching it, like it was somehow partly my fault. I think I just discovered "Battered Listener" Syndrome.

Robert James
05-16-2009, 12:11 PM
How much do you want to bet this abortion of a song is what's going to be released to Guitar Hero, instead of the "classic" version of the song we all know and love??

Jason California
05-16-2009, 12:18 PM
That's pretty bad.

What I don't get is the obsessive love for the original. But then again, I didn't see it till I was an adult...

Yeah, that is too bad for you. Had you heard it when you were 8 like it me it would be a whole bunch different.

totalsellout
05-16-2009, 12:21 PM
uhm... was that real or like a stan bush homemade thing? and which would be more pathetic?

ImYrWoodbury
05-16-2009, 12:23 PM
Not bad for an old timer!

EDIT: No it's pretty bad.

:heart:

RebootedCorpse
05-16-2009, 12:44 PM
That was actually worse than the movie. I didn't know it was possible to do that.

Jason California
05-16-2009, 12:45 PM
That was actually worse than the movie. I didn't know it was possible to do that.

Little known fact: There real is not rock bottom. You can always continue falling.

bartleby
05-16-2009, 02:03 PM
It's sad that I can't tell if this is supposed to be a joke or not.

c. page
05-16-2009, 02:27 PM
Yeah, that is too bad for you. Had you heard it when you were 8 like it me it would be a whole bunch different.

eh, i dunno.

i was 8 when i heard it and i was less than impressed. that song has never done anything for me.

The Hodag
05-16-2009, 02:59 PM
eh, i dunno.

i was 8 when i heard it and i was less than impressed. that song has never done anything for me.

Yeah, it just seemed like an extra-schlocky "Eye of the Tiger" to me - and it seemed weird to me to hear it played during the action sequence. Before or after, yeah, but...during?

I did, however, imprint on "Eye of the Tiger" as a kid, so I'm not immune to the might of the 80s rock ballad. :surrend:

ImYrWoodbury
05-16-2009, 03:02 PM
It's sad that I can't tell if this is supposed to be a joke or not.

I thought it was a joke for the a minute or two, and then when I decided it wasn't I turned it off.

c. page
05-16-2009, 04:24 PM
Yeah, it just seemed like an extra-schlocky "Eye of the Tiger" to me - and it seemed weird to me to hear it played during the action sequence. Before or after, yeah, but...during?

I did, however, imprint on "Eye of the Tiger" as a kid, so I'm not immune to the might of the 80s rock ballad. :surrend:

oh, i have a soft spot for 80s rock ballads. for some reason, though, this one just didn't do anything for me.

Marc Lombardi
05-16-2009, 04:29 PM
If this was a new song about 7 years ago it would be a little amusing. But as a cover it's unrecognizable and is more of a re-imagining than a remake. I'm not impressed. I guess it has as much to do with the original version of the song as the movie does with the original versions of the characters, which I guess would make it a good fit.

Foolish Mortal
05-16-2009, 04:35 PM

Say what you will, but as cheesy as it was, it did fit the scene well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fB0_vJUc3o4

Chunky Ink
05-16-2009, 04:51 PM
This may be a stupid question, but

who the heck is Stan Bush? He doesn't look familiar to me.

Foolish Mortal
05-16-2009, 04:56 PM
This may be a stupid question, but

who the heck is Stan Bush? He doesn't look familiar to me.
If you don't know who he is, then you probably never saw the original Transformers movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZKpByV5764

Chunky Ink
05-16-2009, 04:58 PM
If you don't know who is, then you probably never saw the original Transformers movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZKpByV5764
True, I didn't.

Before I clicked on the first video, I thought it was the guy from Wall Of Voodoo.

:D

TheKraken
05-16-2009, 05:38 PM

I thought it was great when I was a kid, too. I also liked Bobby Brown's song from Ghostbusters 2. I have developed good taste in music since then. :)

XXXenophile
05-16-2009, 05:39 PM

You have to picture it as the child who watched Transformers everyday on television, who can't wait to go see the movie and then not only are you seeing Autobots and Decepticons actually DIE (to say nothing bout the scars let alone by Optimus) but they're playing HEAVY METAL music????????

In a Transformers cartoon??????????

That's how the soundtrack became such an important part. You NEVER would have figured the songs they used would have ever been picked in the first place.

c. page
05-16-2009, 05:51 PM
You have to picture it as the child who watched Transformers everyday on television, who can't wait to go see the movie and then not only are you seeing Autobots and Decepticons actually DIE (to say nothing bout the scars let alone by Optimus) but they're playing HEAVY METAL music????????

That's how the soundtrack became such an important part. You NEVER would have figured the songs they used would have ever been picked in the first place.

i am honestly kind of sad that i didn't enjoy as much as most of the fans.

Kefky
05-16-2009, 05:58 PM
eh, i dunno.

I thought it was great when I was a kid, too. I also liked Bobby Brown's song from Ghostbusters 2. I have developed good taste in music since then. :)

Get out of my thread.

The Hodag
05-16-2009, 06:14 PM
Get out of my thread.

Get off my plane! :mad:

greg donovan
05-16-2009, 10:04 PM

agreed. that movie was the most awesome thing i had ever seen. we were there opening day. my 11 year old mind was sufficiently blown away.

edit:
wow that hing did horrible at the Box Office. no wonder it took 20 years to make another one.

CapnChaos
05-16-2009, 10:08 PM
Never been a Transformers fan, but this does make me hope that Weird Al will do an updated version of "Dare to be Stupid" to mock this.