PDA

View Full Version : Anit-LOST posting

SKAtoons
05-14-2009, 07:00 AM
So I'm having a debate on facebook about Lost. Look me up if you are my friend yet.....bascially I think LOST has become retarded and I hate how everyone thinks it's better than it really is.

Marc Lombardi
05-14-2009, 07:08 AM
So I'm having a debate on facebook about Lost. Look me up if you are my friend yet.....bascially I think LOST has become retarded and I hate how everyone thinks it's better than it really is.

HEY! No fair running here for backup! :-x

:lol:

SKAtoons
05-14-2009, 07:14 AM
Just want to see where others stand. I don't need backup, I am backup! lol

JABSEN
05-14-2009, 07:57 AM
I think it's the best it's ever been.

Jef UK
05-14-2009, 08:31 AM
I love it. I think it's a masterpeice of serial storytelling. I get excited for every new episode, and am rarely disappointed by an episode.

Thomas Mauer
05-14-2009, 09:33 AM
This season hasn't failed at all. What are you talking about?!

Also, that's a nice season ending cliffhanger. Don't think I've ever seen anything like it. :thumb:

Ziggy
05-14-2009, 10:40 AM
obviously, rob reilly is crazy

Mary E. Brickthrower, MEB Grim
05-14-2009, 10:50 AM
Rob Reilly is Black Shirt Guy / Smoke Monster. =)

Mikie
05-14-2009, 11:10 AM
I think it's great. In fact, I don't think it's been as good as it has these past two seasons. We're finally getting answers to everything and the story has been awesome! This season feels like it moved at a brisk pace and I'm really looking forward to the final season.

SKAtoons
05-14-2009, 11:36 AM
I think it's great. In fact, I don't think it's been as good as it has these past two seasons. We're finally getting answers to everything and the story has been awesome! This season feels like it moved at a brisk pace and I'm really looking forward to the final season.

again with these answer....what answers?

I miss the first 2 seasons, they are so far removed from that now!

If anything they have wasted so much time on flashbacks and stupid time travel that nothing has been answered.

Why are they on the island? Destiny is a lame excuse!

What is the island's purpose?

What is the power on island?

How is it that this island is uncharted? Time Travel is fucking stupid!

If you can actually answer these questions, then you are making it up because no where in the past 5 season has this been answered.

I'm not crazy, I just expect more from this writing team who obviously are jumping rock to rock with each season. At least the first 2 seasons seemed planned out!!!

SKAtoons
05-14-2009, 11:37 AM
Rob Reilly is Black Shirt Guy / Smoke Monster. =)

That's right. Now Mary I want you to follow John Locke in the belief that this show is great! hahahahaha :)

Thomas Mauer
05-14-2009, 11:48 AM
again with these answer....what answers?

I miss the first 2 seasons, they are so far removed from that now!

If anything they have wasted so much time on flashbacks and stupid time travel that nothing has been answered.

Why are they on the island? Destiny is a lame excuse!

What is the island's purpose?

What is the power on island?
How about waiting for the last season to answer those questions and watching the season finale to get a first hint toward the latter question?

How is it that this island is uncharted? Time Travel is fucking stupid!As explained in the show, the island travels through various locations, so it can't be found easily.

As for time travel is fucking stupid, so's your face! :p

If you can actually answer these questions, then you are making it up because no where in the past 5 season has this been answered.

I'm not crazy, I just expect more from this writing team who obviously are jumping rock to rock with each season. At least the first 2 seasons seemed planned out!!!
This season has been so stellar in how they're tying plot threads from previous seasons together that the writing team has to be congratulated for stepping it up.

SKAtoons
05-14-2009, 12:06 PM
an island that "jumps" spots....that's so stupid!

Thomas Mauer
05-14-2009, 12:14 PM
an island that "jumps" spots....that's so stupid!

Never. EVER. watch Chuck. :twisted:

M. Sean McManus
05-14-2009, 08:38 PM
Did someone forget to push Rob's button?

It's been at least 108 minutes now...

Mikie
05-14-2009, 11:58 PM
Did someone forget to push Rob's button?

It's been at least 108 minutes now...

Well played, sir. Well played.

oconnellmd
05-15-2009, 02:00 AM
Time Travel is fucking stupid!

http://michaeloconnell.com/docbrownfull.jpg

oconnellmd
05-15-2009, 02:06 AM
I think my only complaint with the show now is the Kate/James/Juliet love triangle nonsense. No one cares! We care less than the Jack/Kate/James triangle! We're trapped in the nineteen-fucking-seventies on an island with a smoke monster and a hydrogen bomb and giant four-toed foot! Secure your meaningless O.C. shit!

Other than that...loving where it's gone, love that they still have me convinced - correctly or not - that they actually know where the story's going and have all along. I'm gullible. But it makes happy.

Ange-face
05-15-2009, 04:30 AM
Personally I feel it's more about the people than the place itself.

YES the island is a mystery. YES it has weird magnetic pockets and mysterious healing powers. BUT the story focuses on the survivors, what brought them where they are, how they have changed, what they have made out of the situation and where they are going.

Mysterious others? Mostly answered on several different occasions.
Dharma Initiative? We get the idea.
Jacob? Met him in the season finale.
Polar Bears? Got it.

The more it goes on the more it fills in and I think the criticism in 'lack of answers' or 'creation of new questions' is actually what KEEPS us watching. Why would I watch a show where I didn't wonder 'What happens next?'

Honestly I like to describe LOST as a live action comic book. What with the time paradoxes and weird unexplained powers. Lots of interesting details in LOST and enough little tidbits of information that make me want to pursue LOST online even AFTER the show is over. I know I don't go digging around online for the mysteried in 'Krod Mandoon' (also a hilarious show).

Anyway.. my two bits. :P

SKAtoons
05-15-2009, 05:15 AM
well I just feel that after 5 years of watching I'm caring less and less about the characters and plot.....i'm bored!

Thomas Mauer
05-15-2009, 05:21 AM
You must have been watching a different show than I.

05-15-2009, 05:23 AM
I think my only complaint with the show now is the Kate/James/Juliet love triangle nonsense. No one cares! We care less than the Jack/Kate/James triangle!

Totally agreed. So So So over the Kate/Sawyer/Jack/Juliet bullshiv!!!

WillieLee
05-15-2009, 08:07 AM

The show has gotten better ever since they abandoned the early ideas and just make up stuff on the fly. The fans are appeased because they think they are getting answers when they're really just getting excuses for why the plot doesn't make sense. But it is fun to watch even if it's become a giant cop-out.

05-15-2009, 05:00 PM
The show has gotten better ever since they abandoned the early ideas and just make up stuff on the fly. The fans are appeased because they think they are getting answers when they're really just getting excuses for why the plot doesn't make sense. But it is fun to watch even if it's become a giant cop-out.

And believe it or not folks, we've found him!!! The only other person that agrees with Rob (aka BSG / Smoke Monster!) ;)

SKAtoons
05-15-2009, 08:16 PM
And believe it or not folks, we've found him!!! The only other person that agrees with Rob (aka BSG / Smoke Monster!) ;)

excuse me. but i believe on facebook you posted originally that you thought the finale was "eh" and then were brain-washed into thinking it so amazing!

05-15-2009, 08:53 PM
excuse me. but i believe on facebook you posted originally that you thought the finale was "eh" and then were brain-washed into thinking it so amazing!

I was expecting BING BANG BOOM ... b/c that's the norm. I stated that we got the "slow burn" that ended up being more fruitful than the "norm" ... so therefore while initially disappointed I ended up being happier by far with the whole of the episode with all of the intricacies it offered.

So no brainwashing. Silly Robbit, TIME TRAVEL IS STUPID!

SKAtoons
05-15-2009, 09:39 PM
time traveling island explaination is a stupid concept....

05-15-2009, 10:04 PM
time travel is a paradox you either love or hate. and obviously you hate it. Like you hate Back to the Future...? well do you ROB? hate back to the future? ANSWER MY QUESTION?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

M. Sean McManus
05-15-2009, 10:06 PM
time travel is a paradox you either love or hate. and obviously you hate it. Like you hate Back to the Future...? well do you ROB? hate back to the future? ANSWER MY QUESTION?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!t ime travel is a paradox you either love or hate. and obviously you hate it. Like you hate Back to the Future...? well do you ROB? hate back to the future? ANSWER MY QUESTION?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

05-15-2009, 10:07 PM
time travel is a paradox you either love or hate. and obviously you hate it. Like you hate Back to the Future...? well do you ROB? hate back to the future? ANSWER MY QUESTION?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

M. Sean McManus
05-15-2009, 10:08 PM
time travel is a paradox you either love or hate. and obviously you hate it. Like you hate Back to the Future...? well do you ROB? hate back to the future? ANSWER MY QUESTION?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!t ime travel is a paradox you either love or hate. and obviously you hate it. Like you hate Back to the Future...? well do you ROB? hate back to the future? ANSWER MY QUESTION?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

05-15-2009, 10:19 PM

M. Sean McManus
05-15-2009, 10:21 PM

Chris Moreno
05-16-2009, 06:19 PM
I turn around for a few weeks and then this thread just went from 0 to amazing in 60 seconds.

ZeeS
05-16-2009, 10:42 PM
Then back to 0

Ryan_ZOOM_Turner
05-17-2009, 06:49 AM
Anit?

05-17-2009, 07:31 AM
FYI - here is Rob's posts about LOST on Facebook and the replies made over there.

Rob Reilly wants you explain to him why this LOST is still "so good"....I mean really, it's nonsense mixed with plot wholes with a dash of going no where fast. Do you feel any closer to understanding the point of this show? I certainly do not. It's starting to feel like the last 2 Matrix movies, everything is an after thought.....
Thr' 9:27 in the mornin' · Make yer mark · Arrr, This be pleasin' to me eye.Care not fer such trifles · Spy Blubberins (23)Stow Them Responses (23)
Yar scurvey self be aprreciat'in this.
Marc Lombardi
Scrawled by Marc Lombardi 'round about 9:49 in the mornin' Month o' May 14
Because the show doesn't treat the viewer like they're stupid. It answers a question but poses two more. And everyone complains that nothing ever gets answered when in reality, most of the main questions DO get answered. I like a show that makes me think. I don't want everything wrapped up every 60 minutes like it's some formula that writers (yarrr) Unroll Parchmentare following. The show is about the epic struggle of good vs. evil and next season will definitely answer all of the questions that remain. Why would anyone think they wont?
Leonard Wallace
Scrawled by Leonard Wallace 'round about 9:58 in the mornin' Month o' May 14
I feel like it's answered a great bit more than I figured it would in the last two seasons. That said, I'm not sure we'll get all the answers by the end of the final 17 episodes, but here's hoping.
Rob Reilly
Scrawled by Rob Reilly 'round about 10:33 in the mornin' Month o' May 14
What has it answered? I mean really.

Why are they there? What's the smoke monster? Timetraveilling...really? How does the island have this power and why did they choose these people?

These questions have not been answered! If you honestly believe that they have, then you must have been hypnotized.
Marc Lombardi
Scrawled by Marc Lombardi 'round about 10:39 in the mornin' Month o' May 14
Why are they there? It's their destiny and we'll find out more about that next season. What's the smoke monster? Well, it seems to me that Smokey is the force of Evil, likely the guy who is the counterpart to Jacob from the beginning. More next season on that, too. We'll also find out Jacob's motives and powers next season, too. As JoeyDaQ (yarrr) Unroll Parchmentand Bendis always say..,"All will be revealed."

And yes, time travelling. Really. The show has answered most of the small questions and one or two of the big ones (from early seasons). I have faith that they will answer the rest of them.
Zees Seez
Scrawled by Zees Seez 'round about 10:53 in the mornin' Month o' May 14
Goonies makes sense...
Rob Reilly
Scrawled by Rob Reilly 'round about 10:59 in the mornin' Month o' May 14
what small questions?

So the answers to all the major questions will happen next season which is the final season....so basically I'm right. Nothing has been answered!!!!!!

Reality TV has really destroyed the writing credibility of scripted shows when you think a poorly written show is the greatest thing since sliced bread!
Rob Reilly
Scrawled by Rob Reilly 'round about 10:59 in the mornin' Month o' May 14
Here's my prediction for the last season, if questions are answered, they will be a huge let down and everyone will be like WTF I wasted 5 years of my life watching this show for this fucking stupid ending!!!

Look at the Soporanos, I only watched the 1st 2 seasons and people loved that show. But the ending was a huge let down! Welcome to long-(yarrr) Unroll Parchmentwinded scripted shows, much like 24 or Prision Break. Eventually they all jump the shark because they seem to go nowhere or become redundant.

How can you not see that? Agree to disagree I guess.
Mary E Brickthrower
Scrawled by Mary E Brickthrower 'round about 11:05 in the mornin' Month o' May 14
I think we have finally been told the entire point of the show with last night's finale. This entire show has been about opposing forces and now you know it's been going on since the inception of the island. That's pretty f'ing heavy and awesome. So yeah, shut up Rob. =)
Leonard Wallace
Scrawled by Leonard Wallace 'round about 11:08 in the mornin' Month o' May 14
Haters to the left!
Rob Reilly
Scrawled by Rob Reilly 'round about 11:08 in the mornin' Month o' May 14
What! If that's really what this show's about, I definitely wasted 5 year watching this stupid show. If you want a simple idea like that, you easily find it in trashie shows like "Rock of Love". In fact, that has more entertaining vaule and better writing! hahaha
Marc Lombardi
Scrawled by Marc Lombardi 'round about 11:10 in the mornin' Month o' May 14
I honestly believe Lost is one of those shows that, when it's over, if you go back and watch all of the episodes again from the beginning you'll realize that everything makes sense and most of the answers will have been right there early on. We just don't know them yet.
Rob Reilly
Scrawled by Rob Reilly 'round about 11:11 in the mornin' Month o' May 14
Whatever, you guys wanna sound all cool and smart by saying over and over again how much you love this poorly written show, but deep down inside you feel the same way about it like Spiderman 3! So feel free to keep up the myth that this show is "great" and they will continue to make similar crappy shows and sell you tampons and dog food.
Rob Reilly
Scrawled by Rob Reilly 'round about 11:11 in the mornin' Month o' May 14
There's nothing wrong with saying I want more and I want better!
Marc Lombardi
Scrawled by Marc Lombardi 'round about 11:12 in the mornin' Month o' May 14
Rob Reilly is the smoke monster.
Mary E Brickthrower
Scrawled by Mary E Brickthrower 'round about 11:17 in the mornin' Month o' May 14
True dat Marc, true dat.
Rob Reilly
Scrawled by Rob Reilly 'round about 11:24 in the mornin' Month o' May 14
hahahha...I do remember telling Ben to do whatever John Locke says or I'd kill him...
Rob Reilly
Scrawled by Rob Reilly 'round about 11:24 in the mornin' Month o' May 14
Rob Reilly is the smoking gun...
Marc Lombardi
Scrawled by Marc Lombardi 'round about 11:31 in the mornin' Month o' May 14
Rob Reilly is just plain smokin'
Rob Reilly
Scrawled by Rob Reilly 'round about 11:31 in the mornin' Month o' May 14
smoking HAWT! hahahaha
Bobby Price
Scrawled by Bobby Price 'round about 12:14 in the evenin' Month o' May 14
Sloth is really the smoke monster.
Rob Reilly
Scrawled by Rob Reilly 'round about 12:20 in the evenin' Month o' May 14
not Chunk?
Frank R Barile III
Scrawled by Frank R Barile III 'round about 3:21 in the evenin' Month o' May 14
Show me on the doll where LOST touched you Rob...
Rob Reilly
Scrawled by Rob Reilly 'round about 3:25 in the evenin' Month o' May 14
my dad use to beat me with the LOST DVD box set...lol

M. Sean McManus
05-17-2009, 07:53 AM
Scrawled by Frank R Barile III 'round about 3:21 in the evenin' Month o' May 14
Show me on the doll where LOST touched you Rob...:rofl::teleport::scared:

Mikie
05-17-2009, 08:27 AM
Well, I think now I'd like to hear what shows Rob thinks are well written and worth our time.

M. Sean McManus
05-17-2009, 10:19 AM
Well, I think now I'd like to hear what shows Rob thinks are well written and worth our time.Something without time travel in it, cause time travel is stoopid...

John Connor: So this other guy: he's a Terminator like you, right?
The Terminator: Not like me. A T-1000, advanced prototype.
John Connor: You mean more advanced than you are?
The Terminator: Yes. A mimetic poly-alloy.
John Connor: What the hell does that mean?
The Terminator: Liquid metal.

SKAtoons
05-17-2009, 01:13 PM
First off : I started this thread at work and once I saw the "anit" not "anti" it's not as if I could change it

Secondly: Time travel for this show is a fucking stupid idea and a major copout, the only reason it works for Back to the Future and Terminator is because time travel is one of the main focuses!

Finally: Rescue Me, as far as I'm concerned is the best TV show at the moment. It's funny, well written plots with characters that I can relate to and care about. Other than that, I don't have time to watch TV, I'm too busy creating comics. Perhaps if everyone were the same way, everyone would have more out on the store shelves (o'snap! lol)

I don't care if you agree with me or not, it is of my opinion that this past LOST season was total hack writing......hopefully the final season will repair the crap from season 5!

Hope no one gets banned for busting my balls! (hahahahahahahahahahahaha)

Mikie
05-17-2009, 10:10 PM
Finally: Rescue Me, as far as I'm concerned is the best TV show at the moment. It's funny, well written plots with characters that I can relate to and care about. Other than that, I don't have time to watch TV, I'm too busy creating comics. Perhaps if everyone were the same way, everyone would have more out on the store shelves (o'snap! lol)

Yeah, but my books are good. ;)

SKAtoons
05-18-2009, 04:51 AM
Yeah, but my books are good. ;)

it's on now! hahaha

Thomas Mauer
05-18-2009, 07:02 AM

Careful, you might be losing that dick measuring contest too. :p

Ziggy
05-18-2009, 07:18 AM
the other night, sean made a wonderful observation about rob:

"lost sucks! time travel is stupid! I CAN'T WAIT FOR TERMINATOR!!!"

apparently, if lost had robots the time traveling would be just fine.

SKAtoons
05-18-2009, 07:43 AM

only a few months away from having 2 90 page OGN out on the shelves of LCS and Barnes and Nobles....

Thomas Mauer
05-18-2009, 07:49 AM
only a few months away from having 2 90 page OGN out on the shelves of LCS and Barnes and Nobles....

Nice. What are they called?

SKAtoons
05-18-2009, 08:08 AM
I can't just yet....but soon they will be revealed

Arion
05-18-2009, 09:10 AM

And to lose it would be a sad thing.

Mikie
05-18-2009, 12:39 PM
it's on now! hahaha

hehe