PDA

View Full Version : Bendis Board movie nights?

Fygar
05-06-2009, 10:21 AM
So I have plans to do a tenth anniversary retrospective thread about a film come May 19th (hint- it has Jar Jar Binks in it) and it got me thinking. It could be fun to revisit that film "together" so to speak. Riffing on the movie and so forth.

Then I thought...wait that could just be fun in general. So if there's interest maybe we can do a Bendis board movie night once a week? We vote on a movie, and set up a time.

They'd be similar to how the board watches Lost together, so maybe it's something we could start once the Lost season ends? Every Wednesday at 9pm eastern we could watch a film together.

I think the more ridiculous the film the better this will go down. You may remember my "optimal experience" thread from a few months ago, this isn't something I'd personally do with my first viewing of a film (unless it was something like Bubba Ho-tep).

Let me know what you guys think. If it's something you're interested in, we'll get the wheels in motion. If it's a bad idea, feel free to point and laugh at me.

Edit - I can't even imagine if we tried to watch Juno together.

ZombieSpeedball
05-06-2009, 10:33 AM
There are a lot of bad movies we could do this with.

Patton
05-06-2009, 11:05 AM
I would definitely give this a shot.

And yes, Juno would be an amazing experience and lead to at least 4 bannings and 20 people adding me to their ignore list.

dnk
05-06-2009, 11:11 AM
There are a lot of bad movies we could do this with.

I re-watched DOUBLE TEAM recently. If you want to see a review for this stellar film, look no further than here (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119013/board/nest/7868839).

I vote for another JCVD movie. Or another awesome action product of the '90s.

shoelaceless
05-06-2009, 11:21 AM
I like the idea.

Ryan Elliott
05-06-2009, 11:30 AM
I'd be down with this. Hastings has very cheap older movie rentals, and I could build up a hell of a store credit by bringing it back the next day. Plus, it's summer break for me.

Sign me up.

Patton
05-06-2009, 11:37 AM
We could even choose some available to watch on Netflix instant queue.

Jim.
05-06-2009, 11:39 AM
This was mentioned years ago, but I really think a Bendis Board podcast would be a riot.

Andreas
05-06-2009, 11:49 AM
I also like the idea, despite different time zones.

Andreas

Fygar
05-08-2009, 09:22 AM
Bump

I'm glad some of you are interested in this idea, but I think we'd need more of a response for this to be fun/ successful. So here's another attempt at the thread getting noticed.

I understand the timezone thing, and that's why I suggested 9pm est. I think that's about the latest we could do it east coast (two hour movie ending at 11pm) and even that is an early start for or west coasters.