PDA

View Full Version : Spider-Woman

SeegRooster
04-29-2009, 05:40 PM
My apologies if this has been discussed on another thread, I couldn't find one.

What is the %#@*$+ deal with Spider-Woman?!?! It's bad enough it's already 2 years late, now they FINALLY list #1 in the solicitations for a month, then it's gone, then it's back, now they say it's cancelled!

C'mon Bendis, is this title ever gonna happen?!?!:jackoff:

Michael Blacklist
04-29-2009, 05:41 PM
I'm not Bendis, but that smiley is hot.

HOOKS
04-29-2009, 05:48 PM

What is the %#@*$+ deal with Spider-Woman?!?! It's bad enough it's already 2 years late, now they FINALLY list #1 in the solicitations for a month, then it's gone, then it's back, now they say it's cancelled!

The first sentence was all roses, but then the second, third and fourth were all taint.

Bait and switch, man. Bait and switch.

Oh, and all you had to do was use the search key and type "Spider-Woman" in and you'd find all 4.7 billion posts on this.

ZombieSpeedball
04-29-2009, 05:50 PM
Let's do a new thread about Powers release complaints while we're at it.

Spidey616
04-29-2009, 05:51 PM
Joe Q's response last Cup o'Joe-

JQ: First off, Mike, I really have to take issue with the way you asked your question. You’re pretty much saying, “Could you not lie about it, like you always do,” and I don’t think that’s cool. No matter the subject, I always try to shoot straight with you guys, whether you like the message I have for you or not. I don’t do these columns every week to hide from the readers—I’m here to speak about whatever you want to talk about.

The reason for the delay on Spider-Woman is quite simple. As we’ve announced previously, that series is going to debut as the first of our all-new Motion Comics, a major digital initiative that we believe is going to become a bigger and bigger part of our publishing program as more and more of the world turns to digital platforms for their entertainment. The drawback with working in a new medium like this is that there’s plenty of experimentation. Everything is new, and so little has been done before, so it’s taking us all a bit longer to work out the kinks than it normally would, and we’d rather delay and get it right than rush it along being only a fraction of what it could be. If it was just a normal comic, we’d be way ahead of schedule—but it isn’t.
This is Brian Bendis and Alex Maleev, after all, who did a five-year run on Daredevil with nary a misstep—I think they’ve got the kind of track record for delivery that you can look at and understand that the delay isn’t from a lack of work being produced. Brian’s already written a huge number of scripts.

shoelaceless
04-29-2009, 05:54 PM
Bendis chimed in a few weeks ago too:

hi guys. yes this sucks. it just does. the book and motion comic are on thier way. what we are attempting is more than anyone else has ever tried in this arena and its just taking a little more time than we thought it would.

i have written ten issues of this series. alex is drawing more drawings than anybody ever. the second episode animatic came in yesterday and its very very awesome!

just be patient. this will come out and it will be gorgeous and cool. promise. its art before commerce. thats all.

Alex(sadly)Maleev
04-29-2009, 06:10 PM
Not again.
http://www.606studios.com/bendisboard/showthread.php?t=171418&page=6

Adrian B AWESOME
04-29-2009, 06:23 PM
Wow, only 64 posts before bitching.

Most people who do this go ahead and do it at post 1.

Pat Shatner
04-29-2009, 06:23 PM
I don't care how long it takes. I'm stoked for the motion comic (after enjoying the Watchmen motion comics I want to see what else can be done with the medium) and I can't wait to hold that gorgeous Maleev artwork in my hands.

But this has been explained over and over again on the board, at panels, and elsewhere around the hinterwebs. Just do a search, man.

Patton
04-29-2009, 06:24 PM
I think Bendis was holding out for the hand job you're apparently offering.

fast1
04-29-2009, 06:45 PM
lol, funny. but isn't there already a thread on this?http://photosnag.com/img/3322/n09x0302vnsn/clear.gif

Taxman
04-29-2009, 07:26 PM
:lol:

THWIP!
04-29-2009, 07:38 PM
The first sentence was all roses, but then the second, third and fourth were all taint.

Bait and switch, man. Bait and switch.

Oh, and all you had to do was use the search key and type "Spider-Woman" in and you'd find all 4.7 billion posts on this.

4.699 of those being Burgos.

HOOKS
04-29-2009, 10:10 PM

Well, consider his other 63 posts (http://www.606studios.com/bendisboard/search.php?searchid=2223109&pp=40&page=2) were in the Bowen Designs forum, this technically was his first post!

SeegRooster
04-30-2009, 04:43 PM

As HOOKS points out, this could have been considered my first post.
Hope that makes this better for ya, AWESOME.

Buk Was Right
04-30-2009, 05:01 PM

Just pure gold from top to bottom.

Faux polite intro.

Blunt rudeness when asking a question (one that's been asked repeatedly) complete with a rabid sense of entitlement and totally misplaced anger.

And just when you think it can't get any better he drops the jackoff cherry on top of this shit sundae.

You should teach a fucking clinic.

Howlett
04-30-2009, 05:04 PM

Faux polite intro.

Blunt rudeness when asking a question (one that's been asked repeatedly) complete with a rabid sense of entitlement and totally misplaced anger.

And just when you think it can't get any better he drops the jackoff cherry on top of this shit sundae.

Your name has never been more apt...

SeegRooster
04-30-2009, 05:50 PM

Faux polite intro.

Ya know somethin' Buk, you are indeed right. I was out of line. Seriously, this isn't a sarcastic response. My humble apologies.
I'm sure some of you will accuse me of being a smart ass now anyway, because we're supposed to throw insults back & forth for awhile. Not the case. I'm gonna apologize & ask forgiveness.

Ben
04-30-2009, 07:44 PM
Ya know somethin' Buk, you are indeed right. I was out of line. Seriously, this isn't a sarcastic response. My humble apologies.
I'm sure some of you will accuse me of being a smart ass now anyway, because we're supposed to throw insults back & forth for awhile. Not the case. I'm gonna apologize & ask forgiveness.And now the sarcastic apology complete with an "I'm not being sarcastic" line! Classic!