PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone here help out Murdock's Girl?

BJLG
04-22-2009, 10:41 AM
http://www.606studios.com/bendisboard/showthread.php?t=175199

Hey ya'all.
I know I haven't been around for a while. Been up to my ears in film projects.

Remind me to tell ya'all about casting calls because it was pretty funny.

But I am trying to prove something to a student director who I think is infringing a bit on Daredevil.

Here's where I am a bit confused on mythos because I haven't read this part in awhile.
I know which issue is the first appearance of Stick. However, which issue explain Stick's background with the ninja thing? Was it pre-elektra (that's what I was thinking) or is it out of continuity (i.e. DD yellow, DD ninja etc) I know its hinted at in Man w/o Fear but I am actually looking for the right issue so I can go show her so she can change her script.

Either she changes it or I am walking one of the two. :)

Thanks!
Tess/MG

SKAtoons
04-22-2009, 12:38 PM
is this yet another person who has never heard of the internet?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stick_(comics)

Does she also want the list of stores that aren't open on a holiday? lol look at Bendis' Board if you're not familiar

BJLG
04-22-2009, 02:20 PM
It is often easier to ask your question of those most likely to have the answer on the tip of their tongue, rather than waste time in a formal search.

Of course, that assumes the environment where one is asking is considered a friendly one or not.

SKAtoons
04-22-2009, 04:43 PM
that's a nice way of saying they are lazy hahahaha...well it was easy...hope that she's got the answer she needed :)

Shannon Chenoweth
04-22-2009, 07:09 PM
Does she also want the list of stores that aren't open on a holiday? lol look at Bendis' Board if you're not familiar

Well, when you DO actually look and can't find the answer which I did, asking doesn't hurt especially when you've been a member of a community for years. Of course, that's just my personal opinion mind you. :)

TomBelandTSSTG
04-22-2009, 07:34 PM
I call this the classic "Ask For Help and Duck" method of gathering information.

c. page
04-22-2009, 11:40 PM
It is often easier to ask your question of those most likely to have the answer on the tip of their tongue, rather than waste time in a formal search.

Of course, that assumes the environment where one is asking is considered a friendly one or not.

i think if it was an occasional thing, it wouldn't be as much of an issue. of late, it seems like she almost only seems to post on the board to ask these types of questions, though. which can get a bit old.

BJLG
04-23-2009, 08:05 AM
i think if it was an occasional thing, it wouldn't be as much of an issue. of late, it seems like she almost only seems to post on the board to ask these types of questions, though. which can get a bit old.

I don't follow the Bendis side as much.
I only know that when I was first encouraged to join the board by Mike, MG was a significant participant before withdrawing to concentrate on school. I also remember Mike encouraging me to use the board as a resource; as a result, I try to answer such queries for others if it is something I know the answer to. But recently, I have had my own queries turned back on me often enough, and ugly enough, that I no longer even consider utilizing this board for my own questions.

M. Sean McManus
04-23-2009, 11:09 AM
So besides our own interboard issues-- did we figure out what issues she needs to look at?

Shannon Chenoweth
04-23-2009, 07:09 PM
But recently, I have had my own queries turned back on me often enough, and ugly enough, that I no longer even consider utilizing this board for my own questions.

Yeah, its sad that seems to be the case nowadays.

c. page
04-23-2009, 07:40 PM
I don't follow the Bendis side as much.
I only know that when I was first encouraged to join the board by Mike, MG was a significant participant before withdrawing to concentrate on school. I also remember Mike encouraging me to use the board as a resource; as a result, I try to answer such queries for others if it is something I know the answer to. But recently, I have had my own queries turned back on me often enough, and ugly enough, that I no longer even consider utilizing this board for my own questions.

see, that's unfortunate that it's gotten ugly like that.

So besides our own interboard issues-- did we figure out what issues she needs to look at?

apparently she walked off the set due to copyright infringement issues, although there's no specifics on what was violated.

SKAtoons
04-24-2009, 05:00 AM
it's not that...i'd help anybody but it seems of late that people are just being lazy...it's called wikipedia! it's free and you can find almost anything of there (information wise). Advise is a totally different animal, that you can only ask people not do a search engine on.....

c. page
04-25-2009, 02:06 AM
it's not that...i'd help anybody but it seems of late that people are just being lazy...it's called wikipedia! it's free and you can find almost anything of there (information wise). Advise is a totally different animal, that you can only ask people not do a search engine on.....

to be fair to MG, doing a search on stick there doesn't give the issue number that his origin appeared in, which is what she was looking for.

SKAtoons
04-25-2009, 10:21 AM
yes it does....look again it's under the photo on the right

c. page
04-26-2009, 02:04 PM
yes it does....look again it's under the photo on the right

under the photo it gives his first appearance, daredevil #176.

this isn't his origin issue, though. in that issue, he's playing pool in a pool hall, and daredevil comes to see him.

SKAtoons
04-27-2009, 01:02 PM
http://www.ask.com/bar?q=what+daredevil+issue+featured+%22Stick%22+or igin+story%3F&page=1&qsrc=2417&ab=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.comicsbulletin.com%2Fsoapbox%2F 109126889738256.htm