PDA

View Full Version : Astonishing X-Men Hellfire Arc Question (Spoilers)

Liquid
04-20-2009, 02:38 PM
Finally got around to reading Whedon's run and I love what I've read so far, except... I was under the impression that Casandra Nova's essence got sucked into that slug/blob thingy, which turned into Ernst (wrinkly little girl with a brain as a pet in the latter half of Morrison's run). But in the Hellfire arc it seems like she just stayed in that slug/blob thingy. Did I miss something or is this just bad storytelling/editing?

joeAR
04-20-2009, 02:42 PM
My theory is that after the events of Magneto destorying Manhatten the X-Men looked at Emse and said....fuck that and turned Cassandra back into a slut thingy.

HoldFastNow
04-20-2009, 03:37 PM
Finally got around to reading Whedon's run and I love what I've read so far, except... I was under the impression that Casandra Nova's essence got sucked into that slug/blob thingy, which turned into Ernst (wrinkly little girl with a brain as a pet in the latter half of Morrison's run). But in the Hellfire arc it seems like she just stayed in that slug/blob thingy. Did I miss something or is this just bad storytelling/editing?

In Chuck Austin's arc directly following Morrison's the X-Men make mention that Cassandra is still in 'Stuff' and locked under the mansion. I figure that either Austin and the editors somehow didn't get that Ernest was Cassandra, or, more likely, decided that they didn't like that idea and liked her being locked up under school better.

Whatever the reason, Whedon was just running with the ball from Austin's story.

fast1
04-20-2009, 03:39 PM
My theory is that after the events of Magneto destorying Manhatten the X-Men looked at Emse and said....fuck that and turned Cassandra back into a slut thingy.

haha yea maybe...http://photosnag.com/img/3322/n09x0302vnsn/clear.gif

Jerome Gibbons
04-20-2009, 03:39 PM

You...mean a slug thingy.

WAKKAJAWAKKA
04-20-2009, 04:04 PM
fuck that and turned Cassandra back into a slut thingy.

Back Into?

Wayno.