PDA

View Full Version : How long was Booster Gold in the Justice League ?

Bandit Chimera
06-20-2005, 08:06 AM
I have his original series (Booster gold 1-25)

I just wanted to know if anyone knew how long he was running with the League and what issuses were important to get if i decided to collect his "most important moments"

just curious thanks for your help.

joeAR
06-20-2005, 08:09 AM
ah long time actually. He was in The JLI serious for the majority of Gieffen/J.M. Dematties run

Bandit Chimera
06-20-2005, 08:20 AM
ah long time actually. He was in The JLI serious for the majority of Gieffen/J.M. Dematties run

ok but are there like trades or anything that DC made where he's more memorable ?

like i heard he was the first to fight doomsday but i have no idea in what book or when that occured.

I also heard he lost an arm and has had several different suits. i just wanna try to get the important series pertaning to his character if i can.

So does anyone know issue numbers or names of specific trades that he was a major player in ? (besides the new stuff lol )

SteveZegers
06-20-2005, 08:22 AM
ok but are there like trades or anything that DC made where he's more memorable ?

like i heard he was the first to fight doomsday but i have no idea in what book or when that occured.

I also heard he lost an arm and has had several different suits. i just wanna try to get the important series pertaning to his character if i can.

So does anyone know issue numbers or names of specific trades that he was a major player in ? (besides the new stuff lol )
The fight with Doomsday is in the "Death of Superman" trade.

Ray G.
06-20-2005, 08:23 AM
Not long enough. I'm really hoping he becomes Supercharged in Infinite Crisis and rejoins, this time as one of the League's powerhouses. He's really what Kyle Rayner should have been: The fun average guy with incredible powers. Just stop writing him as a gold-digging joke.

J.D. Lombardi
06-20-2005, 08:23 AM
His run started in the classic issue #4 of the Justice League series. Max had his mechanactions all over his membership actually. IF you're looking for recommendations, I'd not read any farther than around issue #32 or so....you have mostly a run of Booster with art by Maguire and Adam Hughes up until there.

Bandit Chimera
06-20-2005, 09:06 AM
thanks everyone .... i was wondering as well if getting this trade : Justice League: A New Beginning, is worth it for booster and that "New Leauge" it seems highly recomended on Amazon so i was looking into it.

Casali
06-20-2005, 06:53 PM
JL: A New Beginning collects the first seven issues of the Giffen/DeMatteis/Maguire series. Even if you weren't interested in Booster, I would recommend the trade, as it is indicative of what that run gave us at its best. It is known for the humor, but it was really at its best when it was a true superhero comic with humor and real emotion mixed it. The Giffen/DeMatteis run was a superhero book populated with real people that recognized both the absurdity and necessity of what they did. Near the end, it lost some of the honesty behind the characters, but even then there were glimpses.

After that, there really weren't any great moments for Booster. Yes, he fought Doomsday, but he was more of a mean to an end of showing just how powerful Doomsday was. The storyline where he lost his arm and almost died was the Judgement Day crossover event between JLA and JLI a couple of years after Giffen and DeMatteis left. He was also part of Extreme Justice, but I have a hard time recommending that as anything but completist. It just wasn't a very good book.

After that, Booster was pretty much forgotten. There was a Superman book where he got a new costume, but other than that he wasn't used much until the FKATJL miniseries. I recommend that trade and the JLA Classified run of I Can't Believe Its Not the Justice League.

But I feel your pain. For a character with such potential, Booster has really gotten the short shrift.