PDA

View Full Version : Harpers Island

Tschloendorn
04-09-2009, 07:01 PM
So who's watching it?
If you don't know about it it's a new show on Thursday night.
Being only the first episode I'll say this.It starts out like a teen horror flick in the same vein as say Friday the 13th,or the like,but has a soap opera slant to it.

If you've seen it lets here some thoughts.

Shwicaz
05-02-2009, 05:44 AM
Just finished watching the first 2 episodes. WAY far-fetched. But, I like it. Some of the characters I can't wait to see die. Because they are annoying. But, the body count is rising and I am quite interested to see who the killer will eventually end up being.

gonna watch episode 3 now...

Tschloendorn
05-02-2009, 05:50 AM
I see it's now on Sat Nights at 9.I thought they pulled it when I didn't see it listed on Thursday.

Shwicaz
05-02-2009, 05:55 AM
what network is it on? (I got rid of my tv, and watch the shows I enjoy through amazon.com's on-demand video service.) I was telling my friend about the show, and she asked me what channel it was on....I felt like an idiot as I had no idea. :Oops:

Tschloendorn
05-02-2009, 04:09 PM
It's on CBS.

MabusRex
06-30-2009, 08:00 PM
Just finished catching up on this (now cancelled) series with the help of Netflix streaming (Thanks, Gail).
I like it, but god does it play heavily into the horror archetype of people being too stupid to defend themselves correctly. When you have a double barrel shotgun, you have...TWO SHOTS. Use them wisely, dumbasses!

Seems that the last two episodes will be airing July 11th. And for my own little guessing...
I think Henry is Wakefield's son and thus Abbie's half-brother. They never seem to have that attraction between them and y'know men and women can never be just best friends (as stated in the first episode). Also, we know Henry's a sharpshooter by the episode with the skeet shooting. So why did he not shoot Wakefield when he had the chance?

BJLG
06-30-2009, 08:25 PM
Just finished watching MENTALIST tonight, and moved right into CASTLE.
Will probably wrap that next week, and start into HARPER'S ISLAND...
My guess is that we'll probably wrap HARPER'S the week following it's finale.

Tschloendorn
07-01-2009, 07:35 AM
Just finished catching up on this (now cancelled) series with the help of Netflix streaming (Thanks, Gail).
I like it, but god does it play heavily into the horror archetype of people being too stupid to defend themselves correctly. When you have a double barrel shotgun, you have...TWO SHOTS. Use them wisely, dumbasses!

Seems that the last two episodes will be airing July 11th. And for my own little guessing...
I think Henry is Wakefield's son and thus Abbie's half-brother. They never seem to have that attraction between them and y'know men and women can never be just best friends (as stated in the first episode). Also, we know Henry's a sharpshooter by the episode with the skeet shooting. So why did he not shoot Wakefield when he had the chance?

I thought the same thing after this weeks episode.(the use of a gun properly)
As far as your other prediction about Henry that's something I didn't even think of.
I just hope it doesn't end up like the first Scream movie that it's 2 of them.