PDA

View Full Version : Eminem: We Made You - New Music (video)

Donal DeLay
04-09-2009, 07:52 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DptkI0EY6ZY

RoShambo
04-09-2009, 08:03 AM
It's alright.

Like I said in the Hip-Hop Recommendation thread:
It's the first single from his new CD, Relapse, that comes out on May 19.
His first singles are usually more pop friendly, and goofy to get people talking about him again.

I think the video improves the song, because you have the added jokes.

Really can't wait to hear the rest of the CD.

And he's releasing Relapse 2 sometime later this year.

The Dean
04-09-2009, 08:03 AM
I miss Eminem so bad and it looks like he's back on form. I only wish white guys would stop wearing dew rags.

Donal DeLay
04-09-2009, 08:08 AM
It's alright.

Like I said in the Hip-Hop Recommendation thread:
It's the first single from his new CD, Relapse, that comes out on May 19.
His first singles are usually more pop friendly, and goofy to get people talking about him again.

I think the video improves the song, because you have the added jokes.

Really can't wait to hear the rest of the CD.

And he's releasing Relapse 2 sometime later this year. I'm really eager to hear it, too. I'm not the biggest fan of his poppy stuff. I love his more personal/serious songs. It's hard to find good rappers whose entire album isn't devoted to how hardcore they are, how rich they are, and how pimp they are. That shit is old.

I miss Eminem so bad and it looks like he's back on form. I only wish white guys would stop wearing dew rags.

Agreed.

Patton
04-09-2009, 08:09 AM
I love Eminem but this song sounds like K. Fed to me.

THWIP!
04-09-2009, 08:13 AM
I heard the song the other day and I couldn't really understand the lyrics.

RoShambo
04-09-2009, 08:16 AM
I'm really eager to hear it, too. I'm not the biggest fan of his poppy stuff. I love his more personal/serious songs. It's hard to find good rappers whose entire album isn't devoted to how hardcore they are, how rich they are, and how pimp they are. That shit is old.

EXACTLY.
I love the darker/crazier stuff.

The first time I heard one of his tracks, I was listening to a local college hip-hop show.
They did a weekly competition between two tracks.
It was "Brain Damage" vs. The Last Emperor's "Secret Wars".
It was so insane, that I had to pull over to the side of the road to listen to them.

I've been a hardcore fan ever since.

Slim Shady LP and Marshall Mathers LP are the best.
Hopefully this will be more like those.

Ashwin Pande
04-09-2009, 08:18 AM
Didn't care for it much.

Ryudo
04-09-2009, 08:20 AM
To quote armored dildo: meh.

Dark Sasha
04-09-2009, 08:20 AM
Not really a new music video, because he has done it like 5 times before.

RoShambo
04-09-2009, 08:48 AM
His lead singles:
My Name Is
The Real Slim Shady
Without Me
Just Lose It
We Made You

They're are always more goofy.
They do it to get rotation on MTV and get his name back out there after he's been gone for a bit.
For the most part, they don't really represent the album as a whole.

I think that's my favorite thing about this track: it means that a new album is right around the corner.

Ryan_ZOOM_Turner
04-09-2009, 08:51 AM
meh.

TIP
04-09-2009, 09:20 AM
meh.

Meh twice.

Christopher Brian
04-09-2009, 09:30 AM
His lead singles:
My Name Is
The Real Slim Shady
Without Me
Just Lose It
We Made You

They're are always more goofy.
They do it to get rotation on MTV and get his name back out there after he's been gone for a bit.
For the most part, they don't really represent the album as a whole.

I think that's my favorite thing about this track: it means that a new album is right around the corner.

Encore was heavy on the silliness. That scares me about Relapse. Encore had a couple of songs (Yellow Brick Road, Toy Soliders) that were very lyrical with some great story telling. Then the rest of it was just off the wall silliness(Puke, My 1st Single, Big Weenie, etc...)

That's what scares me. I don't know if this single is going to connect. Its been five years. Think about it. Last time Eminem was out he was kind of like the TMZ of hip hop. Now... five years later the TMZ of hip hop IS TMZ. Fingers crossed that this is a bait and switch similar to Marshall Mathers LP and not a bait and yep... this is what you get that was Encore.

RoShambo
04-09-2009, 09:36 AM
Encore was heavy on the silliness. That scares me about Relapse. Encore had a couple of songs (Yellow Brick Road, Toy Soliders) that were very lyrical with some great story telling. Then the rest of it was just off the wall silliness(Puke, My 1st Single, Big Weenie, etc...)

That's what scares me. I don't know if this single is going to connect. Its been five years. Think about it. Last time Eminem was out he was kind of like the TMZ of hip hop. Now... five years later the TMZ of hip hop IS TMZ. Fingers crossed that this is a bait and switch similar to Marshall Mathers LP and not a bait and yep... this is what you get that was Encore.

Agreed 100%.

Armored Dildo
04-09-2009, 09:40 AM
It was amusing enough.

Donal DeLay
04-09-2009, 11:08 AM
What album had When I'm Gone?

Agreed 100%.

Seconded.

Raphael J
04-09-2009, 11:21 AM
This will surely be a timeless song.

TheKraken
04-09-2009, 11:28 AM
It's hard to find good rappers whose entire album isn't devoted to how hardcore they are, how rich they are, and how pimp they are. That shit is old.

It's not very hard at all if you take the time to look (http://www.606studios.com/bendisboard/showpost.php?p=5888934&postcount=10). :)

ImYrWoodbury
04-09-2009, 11:35 AM
It didn't really do anything for me, but I've never liked any of his lead singles.

Briomega
04-09-2009, 11:49 AM
It's alright. Not the greatest but I'm still looking forward to the new album.

niceguyeddie
04-09-2009, 11:52 AM
i didn't know the guy still rapped...
I guess I wasn't missing anything.

Big Poot!
04-09-2009, 11:58 AM
Pop culture gossip that's already outdated since Lindsay Lohan & girlfriend broke up.

He looks like Pee Wee Herman in the video w/ black hair.

The voice is high pitched and horrible. Didn't expect it to be this bad.

RegHorsten
04-09-2009, 12:14 PM
Its not available where I am.

Captain Sensation
04-09-2009, 01:12 PM
the song is weak without the video, it really comes off as a b-side from his last album. I only hope that the rest of the album is great.

Jef UK
04-09-2009, 01:34 PM
I thought the video was hilarious. The song is okay. It can grow on me, but it's not even close to the worst on The Eminem Show.

And yes, I missed you, Eminem.

ImYrWoodbury
04-09-2009, 01:36 PM
Pop culture gossip that's already outdated since Lindsay Lohan & girlfriend broke up.

He looks like Pee Wee Herman in the video w/ black hair.

The voice is high pitched and horrible. Didn't expect it to be this bad.

His voice seems to get higher and squeakier with every album.

Kurt Russell Crowe
04-09-2009, 02:22 PM
i liked it

RoShambo
04-09-2009, 04:29 PM
What album had When I'm Gone?

Curtain Call:The Hits

Donal DeLay
04-09-2009, 09:19 PM
It's not very hard at all if you take the time to look (http://www.606studios.com/bendisboard/showpost.php?p=5888934&postcount=10). :)

Some of those I don't like. I'll give the ones I haven't heard a try.

Thanks.

King of Mars
04-09-2009, 09:33 PM
It's boring, juvenile, uninspired...but, hey, it pisses off Bill O'Reilly so I hope it rockets to the top of the charts. :)

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/hiphopmediatraining/92537/eminems-palin-spoof-condemned-by-bill-oreilly/