PDA

View Full Version : Benbo Gun Fans

Kedd
03-29-2009, 04:33 PM
What kind do you have? Post a picture, lemme know what yer shootin'.

JesterPepper?
03-29-2009, 04:41 PM
Post a picture, lemme know what yer shootin'.

I don't think it's allowed. In my case, anyway.

Kedd
03-29-2009, 04:50 PM
I don't think it's allowed. In my case, anyway.

did not know that. then just talk about 'em and I'll look 'em up if I'm not familiar.

JesterPepper?
03-29-2009, 04:54 PM
did not know that. then just talk about 'em and I'll look 'em up if I'm not familiar.

I was making an innuendo, which apparently I'm really bad at.

RED!
03-29-2009, 06:24 PM
i practice with my brother's .45 and his rifle though i am not sure the exact make.
i am also handy with an 18th century musket.

ZombieSpeedball
03-29-2009, 06:26 PM
http://www.thinkgeek.com/images/products/additional/large/ninja_launcher-package.jpg

Supreme Convoy
03-29-2009, 06:29 PM
Hardcore.
http://www.designboom.com/contemporary/waterguns/06.jpg

Kedd
03-29-2009, 06:37 PM
http://www.thinkgeek.com/images/products/additional/large/ninja_launcher-package.jpg

pussy

ZombieSpeedball
03-29-2009, 06:39 PM
pussy

Kid, I can fire FOUR ninjas at you at once with that gun. Not only will that gun kill, it'll make the target suffer.

Kman00001
03-29-2009, 06:48 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v245/Kman00001/000_0329.jpg

RED!
03-29-2009, 06:51 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v245/Kman00001/000_0329.jpg

PLEASE say you are playing Duck hunt! :rofl:

Kman00001
03-29-2009, 06:54 PM
PLEASE say you are playing Duck hunt! :rofl:

Did they even make other games that work with this gun? ;)

Jonathan Callan
03-29-2009, 07:36 PM
pussy

A gun that FIRES NINJAS? How does that make him anything other than awesome?

mike black
03-29-2009, 08:03 PM
Every time I go to the range, I always find myself coming back to:

http://www.sigsauer.com/upFiles/catalog/product/P220-CARRY-DAK-detail-L.jpg

The Sig 220 DAK .45

I started off with .9mm and tried out the .40's, but found the 220 Carry to be the most comfortable weapon I've fired, and easily the best experience. That is, except for the time the range let me try out the Kimber Ultra Covert II. Which, was just too cool for words. I've also tried out my dad's S&W .9mm service revolver, and his .45 ACP. I dug the S&W, but it felt more like a "name" than anything else. I plan on making the 220 my first purchase.

Also, Glock sucks. So fucking uncomfortable. The guys at the range won't let me pick up a Taurus either. They say it'll swear me off of pistols.

WinterRose
03-29-2009, 11:03 PM
I have a whole crapload of Sci-Fi gun props. Though I rather hanker for a Steyr M-Series wondernine. I have fired a Chinese hunting AK, a classic m1911 .45, a couple of .22 target rifles, as well as a ww1 Mauser that about broke my freaking shoulder.

Let's see... What I actually have...

A full automatic roll cap minigun,
a battlestar galactica laser pistol,
a new battlestar heavy pistol,
a B5 PPG,
a Trade Federation Droid Blaster,
A Laser Screwdriver,
a Merr-Sonn Quickfire 2,
A couple of Edison Giocattoli Colt Americas,
an Edison Giocattoli Janus Pistol (Aka Superpistola),
About 4 Robocoppy Baretta knockoffs,
an airsoft MP5,
the Hellboy Samaritan,
the 'Tattooine Blaster',
Jayne Cobb's LeMat,
Corben Dallas' Steyr Caseless Pistol,
a Nerf Maverick,
a couple of strange, but eminently steampunkable Dollar store guns
A big thing I got at a toys r us once called a Roargun
And some budget Jango Fett Westar 34's.

I've made rather a lot of sci fi gun replicas in Second Life as well. I've got pics if anyone's interested.

CapnChaos
03-29-2009, 11:19 PM

Wild Gunman?

ForkDolphin
03-29-2009, 11:44 PM
I don't own any guns, but I have posters of them all over my walls.

CapnChaos
03-29-2009, 11:53 PM
I don't own any guns, but I have posters of them all over my walls.

Usually I see this phenomenon with women.

ForkDolphin
03-30-2009, 12:44 AM
Usually I see this phenomenon with women.

Not with me, I own plenty of women.

Special Agent Bachman
03-30-2009, 02:56 AM

Adventures of Bayou Billy

Baby Boomer

Barker Bill's Trick Shooting

Chiller

Duck Hunt

Freedom Force

Gotcha

Gumshoe

Hogan's Alley

Laser Invasion

Lone Ranger

Mechanized Attack

Operation Wolf

Shooting Range

To The Earth

Track & Field 2

Wild Gunman

Hollingsworth
03-30-2009, 03:19 AM
Every time I go to the range, I always find myself coming back to:

http://www.sigsauer.com/upFiles/catalog/product/P220-CARRY-DAK-detail-L.jpg

The Sig 220 DAK .45

I started off with .9mm and tried out the .40's, but found the 220 Carry to be the most comfortable weapon I've fired, and easily the best experience. That is, except for the time the range let me try out the Kimber Ultra Covert II. Which, was just too cool for words. I've also tried out my dad's S&W .9mm service revolver, and his .45 ACP. I dug the S&W, but it felt more like a "name" than anything else. I plan on making the 220 my first purchase.

Also, Glock sucks. So fucking uncomfortable. The guys at the range won't let me pick up a Taurus either. They say it'll swear me off of pistols.

The Taurus indeed can suck my balls. I tried a LOT of different pistols when I used to go to the range, and that was one. You find your hand vibrating to the shot really badly. Not a nice experience. Likewise hated the Desert Eagle. Piece of crap with a really top heavy slide and no balance at all.

Found the Glock 9 and 40 to suck but actually liked their 45. It was more comfortable and was better with recoil than the 40 for sure. At least to me.

Love the Springfield 1911 45s. Love the look of the Kimbers, but never got to fire one in good shape. Love S&W magnums too.

And yeah, the Sig. I used to have an S&W .357 magnum and that same exact Sig in the picture. Nice shooting.

Never cared much for a lot of the other pistols they had. The style of the 1911s was always my favorite but never owned one.

Kman00001
03-30-2009, 04:54 AM
Adventures of Bayou Billy

Baby Boomer

Barker Bill's Trick Shooting

Chiller

Duck Hunt

Freedom Force

Gotcha

Gumshoe

Hogan's Alley

Laser Invasion

Lone Ranger

Mechanized Attack

Operation Wolf

Shooting Range

To The Earth

Track & Field 2

Wild Gunman

:surrend:

I just own Duck Hunt.

mike black
03-30-2009, 06:16 AM
The Taurus indeed can suck my balls. I tried a LOT of different pistols when I used to go to the range, and that was one. You find your hand vibrating to the shot really badly. Not a nice experience. Likewise hated the Desert Eagle. Piece of crap with a really top heavy slide and no balance at all.

Found the Glock 9 and 40 to suck but actually liked their 45. It was more comfortable and was better with recoil than the 40 for sure. At least to me.

Love the Springfield 1911 45s. Love the look of the Kimbers, but never got to fire one in good shape. Love S&W magnums too.

And yeah, the Sig. I used to have an S&W .357 magnum and that same exact Sig in the picture. Nice shooting.

Never cared much for a lot of the other pistols they had. The style of the 1911s was always my favorite but never owned one.

There's something about how Glock molds their grips that makes the weapons so uncomfortable I would rather throw the thing.

I've heard from a lot of people that the Desert Eagle is way over rated. I personally don't see the practicality in it. Other than for show and tell.

Or maybe hunting bears.

Hollingsworth
03-30-2009, 06:56 AM
There's something about how Glock molds their grips that makes the weapons so uncomfortable I would rather throw the thing.

I've heard from a lot of people that the Desert Eagle is way over rated. I personally don't see the practicality in it. Other than for show and tell.

Or maybe hunting bears.

Yeah, agreed. But I used to shoot this Glock 45 that was double stack, so that handle was thicker and it was much more comfortable. Actually liked that one. But only that one.

The Desert Eagle seems to me to just be for people who like the way it looks. Looks like shit to me though. And it shoots horribly. If anyone wants to fire a big gun that's *fun* to shoot, just go for the S&W 44 Magnum. That's a lotta fun, very accurate and not painful on your hand.

mike black
03-30-2009, 06:59 AM
Yeah, agreed. But I used to shoot this Glock 45 that was double stack, so that handle was thicker and it was much more comfortable. Actually liked that one. But only that one.

The Desert Eagle seems to me to just be for people who like the way it looks. Looks like shit to me though. And it shoots horribly. If anyone wants to fire a big gun that's *fun* to shoot, just go for the S&W 44 Magnum. That's a lotta fun, very accurate and not painful on your hand.

Eh, it's got an aura around it. Plus, it's ginormous.

I don't see the point of going higher than a .45, personally (again, unless your hunting bears or something). But I'm not that experienced with guns.

Hollingsworth
03-30-2009, 07:05 AM
I used to go to this range in Oregon that was staffed by police. It was right next to a police station. And those guys basically taught me how to shoot. They told me that basically a lot of people love Glocks because they don't fail. That they're rock solid and won't mess up. The 1911's, by comparison, are famous for being very nitpicky and you have to be very good about your maintenance. I guess with the Glocks, you don't have to be so nice to the pistol for it to be nice to you. I still prefer the 1911s myself, but never having owned one and not being in the line of fire, I have that luxury.

Still, that Sig sure fires nicer. At least for me.

Can't remember the caliber of the Desert Eagle but it's a waste anyway. Yeah, .45 is big enough.

They had tommy guns at that range too, though not full auto. Those fuckers were .45 too, which is crazy. Imagine that.

EdNEMO
03-30-2009, 08:15 AM
Glock 17
Beretta 9-Two
SW 627 357mag 8 shot
Taurus 605 357mag 5 shot
Rem 870 12ga Knoxx setup
HK G3 308
AK-47 with Polish underfolder
FN FAL 308

Doc Randy
03-30-2009, 08:24 AM
Glock 17

HK G3 308

FN FAL 308

How do these two rifles compare? I assume the G3 is much lighter, but what are your general impressions of the two?

thatguyfromsyracuse
03-30-2009, 08:26 AM
I own no guns, although my buddy keeps telling me I should get a pistol permit so we can both go to the range. I'd like to, shit is just expensive and it's not really at the top of my list of priorities right now.

EdNEMO
03-30-2009, 08:42 AM
How do these two rifles compare? I assume the G3 is much lighter, but what are your general impressions of the two?

They are both pretty heavy frankly. The G3 has been modified to be a long range gun (unfortunately I can't find a local range larger than 500 yards.)

I'm a big fan of the 308 and between the two I personally like the fit and feel of the G3 over the Fal. One of my good friends is a huge FAL guy, he competes in all of the local tournaments and usually takes one of the top 3 places. For me it's just fit and finish. I prefer the relative smooth feel of the G3. Also, as it doesn't use a blowback system like the AR it is a relatively clean system. Which I really like since I shoot mostly mil ammo.

Doc Randy
03-30-2009, 08:51 AM
They are both pretty heavy frankly. The G3 has been modified to be a long range gun (unfortunately I can't find a local range larger than 500 yards.)

I'm a big fan of the 308 and between the two I personally like the fit and feel of the G3 over the Fal. One of my good friends is a huge FAL guy, he competes in all of the local tournaments and usually takes one of the top 3 places. For me it's just fit and finish. I prefer the relative smooth feel of the G3. Also, as it doesn't use a blowback system like the AR it is a relatively clean system. Which I really like since I shoot mostly mil ammo.

Wow... you normally shoot out to 500 yards? With a G3? Impressive.

The longest I ever shoot is 300 with a Remington 700 30-06. And I'm not to great at that.

I tend to prefer 100 yard or less with a .223. It is fun and cheaper than .308 or 30-06.

EdNEMO
03-30-2009, 09:10 AM
Wow... you normally shoot out to 500 yards? With a G3? Impressive.

The longest I ever shoot is 300 with a Remington 700 30-06. And I'm not to great at that.

I tend to prefer 100 yard or less with a .223. It is fun and cheaper than .308 or 30-06.

I've thrown some extra stuff on the gun to give me some more range, but it is a large bullet and wind can add to the fun of it. I've only shot the 500 yard range once. And normally go to the 300 yard range. As for the ammo, I have a Seal friend who brought me a crate of ammo over. And that helps considerably. In fact I was just gifted with a crate of 300 win. I have nothing thats shoots it, so I am probably going to sell it off. All my ammo is stored in the OD military waterproof packages, which makes storage pretty easy.

mike black
03-30-2009, 09:48 AM
I used to go to this range in Oregon that was staffed by police. It was right next to a police station. And those guys basically taught me how to shoot. They told me that basically a lot of people love Glocks because they don't fail. That they're rock solid and won't mess up. The 1911's, by comparison, are famous for being very nitpicky and you have to be very good about your maintenance. I guess with the Glocks, you don't have to be so nice to the pistol for it to be nice to you. I still prefer the 1911s myself, but never having owned one and not being in the line of fire, I have that luxury.

Still, that Sig sure fires nicer. At least for me.

Can't remember the caliber of the Desert Eagle but it's a waste anyway. Yeah, .45 is big enough.

They had tommy guns at that range too, though not full auto. Those fuckers were .45 too, which is crazy. Imagine that.

Yeah, I get the "keeps on tickn' " love for Glocks. I just find them uncomfortable and a pain in the ass.

mike black
03-30-2009, 09:50 AM
I've thrown some extra stuff on the gun to give me some more range, but it is a large bullet and wind can add to the fun of it. I've only shot the 500 yard range once. And normally go to the 300 yard range. As for the ammo, I have a Seal friend who brought me a crate of ammo over. And that helps considerably. In fact I was just gifted with a crate of 300 win. I have nothing thats shoots it, so I am probably going to sell it off. All my ammo is stored in the OD military waterproof packages, which makes storage pretty easy.

What state do you live in Ed? I know that Florida has quite a few large outdoor ranges. Dunno about 500 yards though.

Buk Was Right
03-30-2009, 09:58 AM
I keep telling myself that I should learn to shoot/handle a gun.

Seems like a "man skill" that I'm missing.

Kedd
03-30-2009, 10:01 AM

Have you learned to skin a deer and make your own whiskey yet? Put those on your list as well

mike black
03-30-2009, 10:02 AM

It's not really a "man skill" so much as a skill that if it interests you, then try it out. Probly the most exhilerating feeling I've ever had the first time I fired a weapon.

Buk Was Right
03-30-2009, 10:04 AM
Have you learned to skin a deer and make your own whiskey yet? Put those on your list as well

Clearly you've not yet tried Buk's Down Home Buckskin Wrapped Deer Whiskey...

Tagline: It probably won't make you blind. Maybe.

Hollingsworth
03-30-2009, 10:06 AM

Just look up a local range. The ones in the Portland area all had their own guns too, so you can borrow different ones and try them out if it's the same there. They'll probably have you watch a 20 minute safety video, then you're off. You can ask them for pointers and sure they'll help you if you tell them you're a virgin.

I used to enjoy it a lot. There's a range around here somewhere but I dunno what the deal is with me going there considering I'm an American. Some of us have talked about going and we'll get around to it one day and see.

EdNEMO
03-30-2009, 10:47 AM
What state do you live in Ed? I know that Florida has quite a few large outdoor ranges. Dunno about 500 yards though.

I'm in Richmond VA.

RED!
03-30-2009, 11:29 AM

Hey now...i am a chick and i have done both those!

KarlH
03-30-2009, 12:14 PM
Springfield 1911 modified
H&K P7/M8
H&K USP .45
S&W 686
Colt M4
Colt Cobra .38

Kolar 12 Gauge to shoot sporting clays with and a few autoloaders to duck hunt/quail hunt.

Alex(sadly)Maleev
03-30-2009, 12:16 PM
i practice with my brother's .45 and his rifle though i am not sure the exact make.
i am also handy with an 18th century musket.

What are you practicing for?

Adrian B AWESOME
03-30-2009, 12:18 PM

When the revolution comes, duh.

RED!
03-30-2009, 12:21 PM

Target practice in general. Although i do plan to join the FBI when i finish college. The musket is for re-enactments.

mike black
03-30-2009, 12:42 PM
When the revolution comes, duh.

In all seriousness, that word has come up in conversation far too much lately. :-?

WinterRose
04-01-2009, 12:08 AM
In all seriousness, that word has come up in conversation far too much lately. :-?

And a heartening thing it is too. Every person that would call themselves an individual should nourish a tiny flame of revolution in their hearts and minds. And be prepared to feed it with their discontent whenever they're feeling oppressed; lighting the corners when everything seems darkest. That Promethean gift in every one of us should never be cast lightly aside.

Kedd
04-02-2009, 05:17 PM
Hey now...i am a chick and i have done both those!
Then I am in love with you.

adam_warlock_2099
04-02-2009, 05:40 PM
I don't own a gun, and if I bought this gun, it would be strickly for show unless I ever got the nerve up to load it and shoot it, but for some reason the Mauser C96 "Red 9" with stock facinates me.

http://www.weekendhobby.com/gun/webboard/picture%5C203255114504.JPG

adam_warlock_2099
04-02-2009, 05:55 PM
Also for those that do shoot guns . . . I was wondering if shooting, for the first time, with a rifle or something with a stock, like the Mauser, where the shoulder takes the impact of the recoil easier to shoot than say a handgun where your arms and wrists take the brunt of the recoil?

Doc Randy
04-02-2009, 05:59 PM
Also for those that do shoot guns . . . I was wondering if shooting, for the first time, with a rifle or something with a stock, like the Mauser, where the shoulder takes the impact of the recoil easier to shoot than say a handgun where your arms and wrists take the brunt of the recoil?

Unless you are tiny, or you are firing a really powerful round, you don't need to worry about it too much either way.

I always recommend people start with a .22 bolt-action rifle if they can. It is what I learned on when I was a kid.

mike black
04-02-2009, 06:01 PM
And a heartening thing it is too. Every person that would call themselves an individual should nourish a tiny flame of revolution in their hearts and minds. And be prepared to feed it with their discontent whenever they're feeling oppressed; lighting the corners when everything seems darkest. That Promethean gift in every one of us should never be cast lightly aside.

I'm all for romanticism, but anyone who thinks that a new civil war will be anywhere near civil is naive.

Americans do everything bigger - and I wholly think that if we see a civil war, we're going to see some horrible shit.

adam_warlock_2099
04-02-2009, 06:05 PM
Unless you are tiny, or you are firing a really powerful round, you don't need to worry about it too much either way.

I always recommend people start with a .22 bolt-action rifle if they can. It is what I learned on when I was a kid.

5' 10" and about 175#.

I think I would prefer a bolt action rifle over a semi automatic anyways. For some reason I feel more in control of the gun, when I have to dispense and chamber a new round. It seems safer and a better gun to try out with.

I was just curious as to how guns with a stock differed from one's without.

JasonWGBB007
04-02-2009, 06:11 PM
the only guns i need are attached to my shoulders...

and for those of you who think I am making a muscles joke I'm not... I was actually in a horrible accident at a textile factory/weapon's dealer and have two M16 attached where my arms used to be... I also type with my mind...

I am also tired... so very very tired...

but in all seriousness, I have only ever fired guns a couple times... one was an M16 and the other was a shotgun of some kind... actually i think there might have been aa handgun there too I can't remember

Doc Randy
04-02-2009, 06:13 PM
5' 10" and about 175#.

I think I would prefer a bolt action rifle over a semi automatic anyways. For some reason I feel more in control of the gun, when I have to dispense and chamber a new round. It seems safer and a better gun to try out with.

I was just curious as to how guns with a stock differed from one's without.

This is a bit simplified, but...

Typically, if you have a stock, based on your shooting position, the recoil is transferred parallel to the barrel rearward to your shoulder. A rifle will push back horizontally straight against you shoulder with little muzzle lift.

With a pistol, typically, the recoil is perpendicular to the barrel making the pistol rise vertically.

I learned using a rifle in the prone position. It is probably the best way to learn all the basics of breathing, aiming and sight picture, and how to smoothly squeeze the trigger.

adam_warlock_2099
04-02-2009, 06:17 PM
This is a bit simplified, but...

Typically, if you have a stock, based on your shooting position, the recoil is transferred parallel to the barrel rearward to your shoulder. A rifle will push back horizontally straight against you shoulder with little muzzle lift.

With a pistol, typically, the recoil is perpendicular to the barrel making the pistol rise vertically.

I learned using a rifle in the prone position. It is probably the best way to learn all the basics of breathing, aiming and sight picture, and how to smoothly squeeze the trigger.

Sounds like learn with a hand tool before you use power tools?

Adam Beranek
04-02-2009, 06:26 PM
Used to have:

Bushmaster AR-15
Mossberg Pistol Grip 12 gauge
Ruger 9mm
Springfield .22 pistol

Used to take dented sauce cans from Papa John's and go out to my buddy's farm and go to town. So fun.

Pawned them all in a series of bad days.

hotdogdownahallway
04-02-2009, 06:59 PM
I haven't flexed lately.