PDA

View Full Version : Battlestar Galactica-Finale-What did you Think?

Mary E. Brickthrower, MEB Grim
03-23-2009, 05:53 AM
WATCH OUT FOR SPOILERS!!!

What did everyone think of the finale??

I'm doing a piece on my column about BSG, more of an overview than a review of the finale but I would still like to hear thoughts on the final episodes.

Tschloendorn
03-23-2009, 05:57 AM
I thought it wrapped up the series i a great way.
Believe it or not I always said that...
They should get to earth and it be the reason life started on the planet.

Granted that's not exactly they way it ended up but it was close enough.

Nerdzner
03-23-2009, 06:51 AM
There's a big thread over at the Bendis section on this, but I was 100% satisfied with the finale. I really have no qualms with it. There are some things I could argue somewhat, but honestly they all worked.
--Nerdzner

Ziggy
03-23-2009, 08:52 AM
i really enjoyed it. i thought everything wrapped up really well. my only qualm with the overall ending (meaning not just the last episode) is that i think it could've been made clearer overall that starbuck's dad was the 13th cylon. i'm sure he is, but i was still kind of questioning it and i think it could've been clearer. other than that small thing i give it 2 thumbs up.

and i liked the little nods like the chief being named gaelin, and him going to what is obviously scotland when they have gaelic languages.

i have no problem counting BSG in my list of favorite all time series and yesterday rewatched the opening miniseries. i read that in the summer they'll be putting the series out on blu-ray. i am so getting it.

Arion
03-23-2009, 08:57 AM
I thought it wrapped up the series i a great way.
Believe it or not I always said that...
They should get to earth and it be the reason life started on the planet.

Granted that's not exactly they way it ended up but it was close enough.

So you were more than satisfied...

Tschloendorn
03-23-2009, 10:47 AM
So you were more than satisfied...
Definitely.
I would also consider this one of my top five series ending in TV.
MASH
St Elsewhere
West Wing
Rosanne

M. Sean McManus
03-23-2009, 11:07 AM
I'm not really up on the last episodes of TV shows, so I will say this.

1) I enjoyed the ending when I watched it.

2) Today I have a very strong dislike for the ending... why? Because it's all "And they lived happily ever after". They should have all just died in the final assault and left us all screaming, NO!!!!!!! Instead they took they "safe" road creatively and let everyone down gently. How messed up would we all be right now if they told you it was a two hour finale and after the first hour they all die and the screen cuts to black...

In a way, it's like the pulled the last punch and the backbone of the entire series disappeared just like one of the lead characters... in a big cloud of DUMB!

tdaniel
03-23-2009, 08:54 PM
loved it. one small quibble, Adama never said farewell to Tigh. My wife Erin spotted that, it made me sad after the fact.

listened to the producer's podcast today and he said that originally Tigh was scripted to pick up Cavil and toss him over the railing in the CIC to his death and that Dean Stockwell personally requested that that not happen...could have been very ROTJ.

He also reiterated that Kara's father was never supposed to be a Cyclon and it was all internet speculation that fueled that possiblity...other tidbits from the podcast - the pigeon means whatever you want it to mean as does what Kara truly is, totally up to us.

I will sorely miss this series. Can't wait for The Plan this fall. One last hurrah.

Mikie
03-23-2009, 10:33 PM
Not as satisfying with the action (which might have been a budget thing), but I like the resolution of pretty much every character. I would change very little.

Nerdzner
03-24-2009, 06:07 AM
loved it. one small quibble, Adama never said farewell to Tigh. My wife Erin spotted that, it made me sad after the fact.

listened to the producer's podcast today and he said that originally Tigh was scripted to pick up Cavil and toss him over the railing in the CIC to his death and that Dean Stockwell personally requested that that not happen...could have been very ROTJ.

He also reiterated that Kara's father was never supposed to be a Cyclon and it was all internet speculation that fueled that possiblity...other tidbits from the podcast - the pigeon means whatever you want it to mean as does what Kara truly is, totally up to us.

Thanks for the podcast info. I always wait for the DVDs and listen to them then (I like to get the most bang for my buck).
--Nerdzner

03-24-2009, 02:34 PM

Good eyes Erin! And this is a sorta major quibble for me. I felt their character dynamic was one of the most intriguing.

I am looking forward to THE PLAN, I don't think I can say the same for CAPRICA...although I'm not entirely sure what's it's about.

dberger624
03-25-2009, 04:06 AM
I'll chime in. Liked the last epsiode. Wasn't too crazy about the way the Kara story line ended and they way they just got rid of all the ships and stuff but I'll live with it. Just thought that the last few episodes leading up to the finale were fillers. The Piano episode especially. That was a 15 minute episode stretched up for and hour.

Best finale ever. Newart.

Tschloendorn
03-25-2009, 04:42 AM
The Piano episode especially. That was a 15 minute episode stretched up for and hour.

Best finale ever. Newart.

I think the piano episode helped explain alot,and really was only about half the episodes story anyway.

Oh and I forgot about Newhart,yeah that's up there as well.

03-26-2009, 05:25 PM
Well the new BSG column is up - please check it out:
http://norestforthewretched.blogspot.com

:)

tdaniel
03-26-2009, 08:54 PM
Well the new BSG column is up - please check it out:
http://norestforthewretched.blogspot.com

:)

I've been scrounging all week looking for reviews and reactions, can't wait for my first break tomorrow. Coffee. Smoke. Brick. Cool!