PDA

View Full Version : Calista Question/Theory

visionopy
03-22-2009, 04:57 AM
Posted this one in another thread that isn't diplayed in the general forum???, so here's a brandnew thread

There's one big question about calista that came to my mind while re-reading the second volume of Powers to prepare for "Coolest Dead..." which should arrive next week (fingers crossed):

In the second issue of "Legends" when Calista talks about her dreams and why she's dressing like Retro Girl I thought "Hey. What about Calista being Walker's and Retro Girl's daughter".
Even in considering 1st issue of "Who killed Retro Girl" and the circumstances how Walker and Calista met, it still could be possible, cause Flinch didn't give us the name of Calista's mom (if I remember right) and after the death of Retro Girl, Walker finds Calista a new family.
Maybe that's all a bit to "constucted" and I will re-read the Retro Girl story arc as well as the raest of volume 2, to see if there are any points that refute my theory.
But I really think it could be possible, cause it would explain why Calista feels so connected to Walker and Retro Girl, why she's even got Retro Girl's powers and why Walker's is talking to her more like a father than like the tough, ass-kickin bastard cop that he is ;).

Oeming
03-22-2009, 10:03 AM
Thats pretty cool. I like it when readers think about these connections and relationships. I mean, Walker and Retrogirl did bang the crap out of each other...

Posted this one in another thread that isn't diplayed in the general forum???, so here's a brandnew thread

There's one big question about calista that came to my mind while re-reading the second volume of Powers to prepare for "Coolest Dead..." which should arrive next week (fingers crossed):

In the second issue of "Legends" when Calista talks about her dreams and why she's dressing like Retro Girl I thought "Hey. What about Calista being Walker's and Retro Girl's daughter".
Even in considering 1st issue of "Who killed Retro Girl" and the circumstances how Walker and Calista met, it still could be possible, cause Flinch didn't give us the name of Calista's mom (if I remember right) and after the death of Retro Girl, Walker finds Calista a new family.
Maybe that's all a bit to "constucted" and I will re-read the Retro Girl story arc as well as the raest of volume 2, to see if there are any points that refute my theory.
But I really think it could be possible, cause it would explain why Calista feels so connected to Walker and Retro Girl, why she's even got Retro Girl's powers and why Walker's is talking to her more like a father than like the tough, ass-kickin bastard cop that he is ;).

dankiely
03-22-2009, 02:42 PM
i always thought calista wears the retro girl outfit and is connected to walker is because she is retro girl reincarnated and retro girl will always be bound to walker in some way forever

Pendragon
03-22-2009, 02:50 PM
i always thought calista wears the retro girl outfit and is connected to walker is because she is retro girl reincarnated and retro girl will always be bound to walker in some way forever

These are my thoughts as well.