PDA

View Full Version : New Perry Bible Fellowship hardcover today - mostly reprints, or...?

The Hodag
03-11-2009, 10:37 AM
I'd been hoping this had unpublished material, but at a glance I recognize a lot of stuff. Seems like it might be more of a deluxe edition, but the previous edition was already in hardcover - this one is just hardcover and oversized. Also has an interview and several pages of lost strips in the back.

I'm debating picking it up, but I've already got the previous hardcover. Does anyone know the notion behind this new one? Is it definitely just a deluxe edition?

Title is Perry Bible Fellowship Almanack. It does look fantastic.

tonym
03-11-2009, 11:05 AM
It looks fantastic. I flipped through the beginning few pages and there were ones that were included in the Col. Sweeto. It's just so large and deluxe looking I had to buy it, reprints be damned.

nihilance
03-11-2009, 11:07 AM
Isn't the new one like 180 pages longer than col sweeto?

tonym
03-11-2009, 11:13 AM
Isn't the new one like 180 pages longer than col sweeto?

It is a lot thicker...I need to really look through it when I'm home

nihilance
03-11-2009, 11:17 AM
It is a lot thicker...I need to really look through it when I'm home

How many strips are on each page? I haven't seen it yet as I'm getting it as a gift and it hasn't arrived. Col Sweeto had 2 strips per page for most of the book, but the book itself was only 96 pages compared to the Almanac's 272.

The Hodag
03-11-2009, 11:21 AM
How many strips are on each page? I haven't seen it yet as I'm getting it as a gift and it hasn't arrived. Col Sweeto had 2 strips per page for most of the book, but the book itself was only 96 pages compared to the Almanac's 272.

It's one strip per page.

nihilance
03-11-2009, 11:27 AM
It's one strip per page.

That sucks...but even at that if Col Sweeto had two per page (which it didn't for EVERY page) the most it could have is 192...and the Almanac has 80 more pages than that...so that's a pretty substantial amount of material not in Col Sweeto. Plus you can always turn around and sell Sweeto if you already have it. That's what I'll probably do once the Almanac comes in.

The Hodag
03-11-2009, 02:37 PM
That sucks...but even at that if Col Sweeto had two per page (which it didn't for EVERY page) the most it could have is 192...and the Almanac has 80 more pages than that...so that's a pretty substantial amount of material not in Col Sweeto. Plus you can always turn around and sell Sweeto if you already have it. That's what I'll probably do once the Almanac comes in.

I figure I'll give it a closer look tomorrow - today was just too busy - but yeah, I may well end up selling Sweeto to trade up to the Almanack. There's no doubt it's a stunning production - I'd just been thinking for some reason there'd be more new material, so that's slightly disappointing.

I do love the magical frog race one...