PDA

View Full Version : Terrel Owens Cut From The Cowboys

Evan the Shaggy
03-05-2009, 05:34 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3953647

Something else for him to hysterically weep over.

jamestolliver
03-05-2009, 05:35 AM
Huh. I'm a little surprised by this.

Gregory
03-05-2009, 05:37 AM
He'll be a Redskin in a week. I have spoken.

Evan the Shaggy
03-05-2009, 05:37 AM
He'll be a Redskin in a week. I have spoken.

For the love of God, don't say such horrible things!

Marc Lombardi
03-05-2009, 05:38 AM
It's like Cancer of the NFL. He's spreading around the league again. :)

cPol
03-05-2009, 05:40 AM
Just imagine what kind of a cancer you have to be for a team to be willing to eat $9 million over you.

Maestro
03-05-2009, 05:41 AM
now he's the hottest free agent around. I hope he becomes a Patriot

Marc Lombardi
03-05-2009, 05:43 AM
I hope so too. That's a team that really needs a downfall and he's just the man to do it!

cPol
03-05-2009, 05:43 AM

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/9359/kolchak.jpg

afroloq
03-05-2009, 05:44 AM
he will be in one of 3 places by June

Minnesota

Oakland

or

reality TV

Gregory
03-05-2009, 05:45 AM
For the love of God, don't say such horrible things!

Snyder caught shit for letting Taylor walk. He might try to win favor by signing a deep threat for Campbell.

JHester
This is a good thing. It will open the door for Miles Austin and Sam Hurd to shine.

bartleby
Get your popcorn ready.

cPol
03-05-2009, 05:46 AM
I hope so too. That's a team that really needs a downfall and he's just the man to do it!

Getting caught cheating, getting the Superbowl door resoundingly slammed shut in their face with one of the most unbelievable plays I've ever seen and having their star quarterback eliminated 14 minutes into the season wasn't enough? :)

Brother Power the Gong
03-05-2009, 05:48 AM
Snyder caught shit for letting Taylor walk. He might try to win favor by signing a deep threat for Campbell.

I'm pretty sure Redskins fans do not want Owens.

Maestro
03-05-2009, 05:48 AM
Getting caught cheating, getting the Superbowl door resoundingly slammed shut in their face with one of the most unbelievable plays I've ever seen and having their star quarterback eliminated 14 minutes into the season wasn't enough? :)

It's tough being a Patriots fan

Ryan_ZOOM_Turner
03-05-2009, 05:50 AM
Stay away from Chicago.

cPol
03-05-2009, 05:52 AM
It's tough being a Patriots fan

I tend to think that most anti-Pats won't be satisfied until the entire organization dies in a plane crash and they have to start over from scratch. I mean, what's it gonna take to move on?

Brad N.
03-05-2009, 05:54 AM
I'm no fan of T.O. but I'd be thrilled to see him here, especially if we can somehow manage to land Jay Cutler too?

Marc Lombardi
03-05-2009, 06:04 AM
I'm an Eagles fan. We have very little else other than to see other teams dragged down to our level of despair and front office ineptitude.

cPol
03-05-2009, 06:10 AM
I'm an Eagles fan. We have very little else other than to see other teams dragged down to our level of despair and front office ineptitude.

OK, I can accept that kind of attitude. Carry on, sir.

half guard
03-05-2009, 06:12 AM

Minnesota

Oakland

or

reality TV

:rofl:

You're probably right.

The Dean
03-05-2009, 06:13 AM
As a Chiefs fan, I'd love for him to land in San Diego just to watch the ego explosion when Pee Rivers and TO take the field...

dEnny!
03-05-2009, 06:35 AM
:nonono2: Wow...the Cowboys, seriously you could deal with all the past coked out players, but T.O. is too much to handle? Seriously. They won't make the playoffs again this year and there won't be a scapegoat...unless you finally want to land the blame on the guy who deserves it, Tony "I can't play because of my pinkie and I'm a whiny little girl" Romo.

Jet
03-05-2009, 06:51 AM
Chargers would be a good fit. I don't see him with the Vikings though, he and Childress weren't speaking when they were both back in Philly.

WillieLee
03-05-2009, 07:39 AM
Good move by the Cowboys, now they can rest the performance of the team on Romo.

:shifty:

Roman Noodles
03-05-2009, 07:49 AM
Chargers would NOT be a good fit.

Phillip Rivers is an asshole. He and TO would come to blows before the first week of training camp ended.

I think the Titans might be his best shot.

Humphrey_Lee
03-05-2009, 07:51 AM
Good move by the Cowboys, now they can rest the performance of the team on Romo.

Does everyone keep forgetting they have Roy Williams, who isn't exactly a slouch, Patrick Crayton which as good a 2nd option as you can get in the league outside of Arizona's ridiculous combo, and the best TE in the league? I'm not exactly sad to see Dallas lose someone of his caliber, but I'm sure they'll soldier on without him, and come out better for not having him be a dick in the locker room. I'm shocked that they let peeps like Coles and T.J. Housh get to other teams before making this decision though. Coles would have comboed well with the guys they have left...

Marc Lombardi
03-05-2009, 07:52 AM
Raiders are the ONLY team that makes sense. A young black QB who T.O. will more likely associate himself with, a coaching situation with a guy not really all that established and willing to work with what he has, a crazy owner willing to sign anyone, and a need for WR help.

WillieLee
03-05-2009, 07:55 AM
Does everyone keep forgetting they have Roy Williams, who isn't exactly a slouch, Patrick Crayton which as good a 2nd option as you can get in the league outside of Arizona's ridiculous combo, and the best TE in the league?

Roy Williams is not T.O.

Humphrey_Lee
03-05-2009, 08:00 AM
Roy Williams is not T.O.

Never said he was, but he can be a 1000 yard/8-10 TD receiver if he wants. Would you rather have a 1000 yard guy who doesn't raise a peep, or a 1400 yard one that everyone on your team is completely frustrated and annoyed by?

WillieLee
03-05-2009, 08:05 AM
Never said he was, but he can be a 1000 yard/8-10 TD receiver if he wants. Would you rather have a 1000 yard guy who doesn't raise a peep, or a 1400 yard one that everyone on your team is completely frustrated and annoyed by?

I'd take the 1400 yard guy who can dominate a game. Patriots should grab him and let Brady throw 200 passes a game.

The Dean
03-05-2009, 08:06 AM
I'd take the 1400 yard guy who can dominate a game. Patriots should grab him and let Brady throw 200 passes a game.

The Pats don't need him... However, Bill seems to take headcases and assholes and turn them into team players.

Evan the Shaggy
03-05-2009, 08:09 AM
Does everyone keep forgetting they have Roy Williams, who isn't exactly a slouch, Patrick Crayton which as good a 2nd option as you can get in the league outside of Arizona's ridiculous combo, and the best TE in the league? I'm not exactly sad to see Dallas lose someone of his caliber, but I'm sure they'll soldier on without him, and come out better for not having him be a dick in the locker room. I'm shocked that they let peeps like Coles and T.J. Housh get to other teams before making this decision though. Coles would have comboed well with the guys they have left...

Oh you mean the Roy Williams who was cut from the team this morning?

Patch
03-05-2009, 08:09 AM
Problem with T.O. is he brings whine and cheese to a beer 'n' brauts sport...

Ryudo
03-05-2009, 08:10 AM
You are forgetting one place:

South Florida.

He can wind up in Tampa, where the Glazers took a chance on another big receiver with an attitude problem (Keyshawn), or in Miami, under the Parcells regime. Parcells may have called him "the player" but he knew he had a deep threat.

Marc Lombardi
03-05-2009, 08:10 AM
That was the SAFETY Roy Williams, not the wideout they gave up two draft picks to get.

Humphrey_Lee
03-05-2009, 08:12 AM

He didn't dominate any games this past year though. He was too busy dropping balls and being pissy the TE was getting more looks than he was. I guess if a team completely feeds his ego and makes him the center of every play for feast or famine he could be the mans again, but I think he's way too far gone in his head. Or some team like the Pats who were able to tame someone like Moss might be able to pull that off, but those options are few and far between in the league. Really, I think NE, my Steelers, and the Giants are probably the only ones that could calm him down, but all those teams neither really need him or probably don't want to deal with him.

Or maybe he'll just do us a favor and retire from the game so we don't have to see whole Sportscenters dedicated to his antics.

Gunter
03-05-2009, 08:12 AM

No. The Roy Williams that was cut was the safety.

Humphrey_Lee
03-05-2009, 08:16 AM

yeah, no. I meant Roy Williams who's had four 800+ yard seasons and one over a thousand and did them all in DETROIT, who has had no quarterback to speak of in, well, the history of the franchise and was competing with Calvin Johnson for grabs. He can be a quality No. 1 option, not as good as T.O. of course, but without the baggage I think that evens out. He can put up 1000-1200 this year if the team ends up being functional. And he's only 27, plenty of football left in him.

Marc Lombardi
03-05-2009, 08:19 AM
He didn't dominate any games this past year though. He was too busy dropping balls and being pissy the TE was getting more looks than he was. I guess if a team completely feeds his ego and makes him the center of every play for feast or famine he could be the mans again, but I think he's way too far gone in his head. Or some team like the Pats who were able to tame someone like Moss might be able to pull that off, but those options are few and far between in the league. Really, I think NE, my Steelers, and the Giants are probably the only ones that could calm him down, but all those teams neither really need him or probably don't want to deal with him.

Or maybe he'll just do us a favor and retire from the game so we don't have to see whole Sportscenters dedicated to his antics.

New England - I don't think even Bellichick wants to deal with TO or he'd had tried to get him three years ago

Pittsburgh - Dr. Foreman...I mean Mike Timlin MAY be able to handle him, but the first time Big Ben looks towards Ward instead of T.O. the bitching would begin.

NY Giants - Oh god. You thought he was all in the media when he was in Philly, could you imagin him on a stage like New York? No way are the Giants craze enough to go from Plaxico to T.O. No way, no how.

I say it's either Oakland or some smaller market (but not so small they can't afford him) scrubby ass team with nothing to lose like St. Louis or Houston that goes for him and takes the shit that comes along with him for a few more seasons.

bartleby
03-05-2009, 08:21 AM
Phillip Rivers is an asshole.

As someone who used to have regular interactions with Phillip Rivers, I can tell you that's nowhere near the truth. He may play the role of the asshole when he gets on the field, but on the field, he's a nice guy.

WillieLee
03-05-2009, 08:22 AM

He'd be great for the Giants but he wouldn't like their scheme. Unless the appeal of being the number one target for touchdown passes is enough for him. But the Giants do need a threat at wide receiver to open up that running game again.

Gregory
03-05-2009, 08:23 AM
That was the SAFETY Roy Williams, not the wideout they gave up two draft picks to get.

That reduces their penalty yardage by 30 a game.

Humphrey_Lee
03-05-2009, 08:27 AM
New England - I don't think even Bellichick wants to deal with TO or he'd had tried to get him three years ago

Pittsburgh - Dr. Foreman...I mean Mike Timlin MAY be able to handle him, but the first time Big Ben looks towards Ward instead of T.O. the bitching would begin.

NY Giants - Oh god. You thought he was all in the media when he was in Philly, could you imagin him on a stage like New York? No way are the Giants craze enough to go from Plaxico to T.O. No way, no how.

I say it's either Oakland or some smaller market (but not so small they can't afford him) scrubby ass team with nothing to lose like St. Louis or Houston that goes for him and takes the shit that comes along with him for a few more seasons.

I agree with you completely. I was just saying, the only franchises I can think of that know their identities and are all business first that could rein him in would be those three, and even they wouldn't want to deal with his shit.

Oakland is the obv choice, yeah, and good call on St. L, they really have nothing left in the tank besides whatever Steven Jackson decides to show up. Maybe the Vikings will, but then I imagine he'd bitch that Peterson is getting so many of the plays based around him. Even Houston doesn't need him. They're inching slowly into playoff contention with someone who I think honestly could possibly be better than even Larry Fitz as a WR in Andre Johnson (just saying, I think you could debate the two) and they've found themselves a quality TE and a RB in Steve Slayton now too. They can make a case for a Wild Card bid without having to chance T.O. coming in and destroying their locker room.

Humphrey_Lee
03-05-2009, 08:29 AM
He'd be great for the Giants but he wouldn't like their scheme. Unless the appeal of being the number one target for touchdown passes is enough for him. But the Giants do need a threat at wide receiver to open up that running game again.

Yeah, I'm extremely shocked they didn't go after someone like T.J. or Coles. They have to know they need a WR, so that means they're either willing to give Plax another shot, or they're eying up the Boldin situation something fierce. I doubt they take T.O. either. Let him go to Oakland, where POS WR's go to stew before retiring or actually bothering to become a team player somewhere else for once.

Marc Lombardi
03-05-2009, 08:31 AM
Vikings would only be a fit if Brad Childress wasn't their coach. They were the equivalent of Oil and Water here in Philly...if the oil was a really disatrous kind that kept catching on fire and burning things uncontrollably and the water was just calm and talented.

Humphrey_Lee
03-05-2009, 08:33 AM
Vikings would only be a fit if Ray Childress wasn't their coach. They were the equivalent of Oil and Water here in Philly...if the oil was a really disatrous kind that kept catching on fire and burning things uncontrollably and the water was just calm and talented.

Heh and HA!

Oh yeah, and I'm forgetting Baltimore. They desperately need a WR for Flaco, and if they could contain a murderer, well then I guess T.O. wouldn't be a stretch. They might be crazy enough to do it.

Marc Lombardi
03-05-2009, 08:37 AM
Heh and HA!

Oh yeah, and I'm forgetting Baltimore. They desperately need a WR for Flaco, and if they could contain a murderer, well then I guess T.O. wouldn't be a stretch. They might be crazy enough to do it.
Could be...but I wonder if he burned that bridge the first time around when he demanded "Free Agency" or a trade from SF and held the Eagles and Ravens hostage over his situation for a few days. And then when the arbitrator ruled that his agreement with the Eagles held validity over his verbal agreement with the Ravens, well, well all know the rest of that story.

Marc Lombardi
03-05-2009, 08:37 AM
Another idea....Atlanta. Hmmmm......

Ryudo
03-05-2009, 08:41 AM

Nah. They're getting rid of their pain in the butt guys (for example, Lawyer Milloy).

Humphrey_Lee
03-05-2009, 08:41 AM

Nah, that team found it's dynamic on its own, and there's no reason to do that to your 2nd year QB. Again, that's another team I'm shocked didn't try to at least get Coles. I think way too many teams let him go by as a 2nd option for their number ones. Coles lined up across from Roddy White would have been diesel.

Marc Lombardi
03-05-2009, 08:52 AM
Nah. They're getting rid of their pain in the butt guys (for example, Lawyer Milloy).
You kidding me. That's T.O.'s dream! A team without a Lawyer!

Roman Noodles
03-05-2009, 08:54 AM
It's BRAD Childress BTW. :p

And I am all for TO destroying any of the other NFC South teams. :lol:

Gregory
03-05-2009, 08:54 AM
What about Jacksonville? Might they need a receiver, someone who can help them rebound from a weak season?

Ryudo
03-05-2009, 09:03 AM
What about Jacksonville? Might they need a receiver, someone who can help them rebound from a weak season?

Die in a pit.

EDIT: :heart:

Marc Lombardi
03-05-2009, 09:23 AM
It's BRAD Childress BTW. :p
Heh. Showin' my age there.

King of Mars
03-05-2009, 09:28 AM
Redskins. It's gonna happen.

Christopher Brian
03-05-2009, 09:39 AM
Redskins or Raiders.

His problem now is that a good chunk of the assistant coaches he treated like crap are all HEAD coaches now.

If the Rams grant Torry Holt his requested release that will also hurt T.O.'s chances elsewhere. You can get the same production without the head aches from Holt.

jamestolliver
03-05-2009, 09:45 AM
Heh and HA!

I don't think so. Harbaugh worked for the Eagles during the whole T.O. fiasco. I don't know if he would want to go through that again. That said, I wouldn't complain if we got T.O. However, I'm just happy that we have a seemingly half-decent quarterback and Ray Lewis is sticking around.

Patrick J
03-05-2009, 10:21 AM
Yeah, I'm extremely shocked they didn't go after someone like T.J. or Coles. They have to know they need a WR, so that means they're either willing to give Plax another shot, or they're eying up the Boldin situation something fierce. I doubt they take T.O. either. Let him go to Oakland, where POS WR's go to stew before retiring or actually bothering to become a team player somewhere else for once.

Word has it that the Giants are keeping in a 'wait & see' formation with the handling of Plaxico and the bringing in of any new Wide Receivers. I believe Burress' court date is at the end of March and even though I don't think it's going to be the actual trial it's still going to be a bellwether for his future. Depending on how his court date goes will determine what the Giants do from there. If things look bad for Burress then it's expected the Giants will probably be willing to trade away some draft picks, throwing their hats in the Anquan Boldin sweepstakes, hence the reason the Giants have been so active in establishing depth on thier Defense through Free Agency.

gomi
03-05-2009, 12:31 PM

The Steelers wouldn't touch TO with a ten foot pole. They get rid of problem players very quickly and to the best of my knowledge, have never actually gone after a known head case. Also, they don't pay big bucks to free agents, especially ones who are on the downslope of their careers.

Roman Noodles
03-05-2009, 03:47 PM
Oh shit!

profootballtalk is keeping a list of all the team that don't want TO!

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/05/the-anti-to-list/

The Dallas Cowboys. (Duh.)

The New York Giants.

The Washington Redskins.

The Baltimore Ravens.

The San Francisco 49ers.

The Minnesota Vikings.

The Atlanta Falcons.

The Cleveland Browns.

The San Diego Chargers.

The Philadelphia Eagles.

The New York Jets.

The Tennessee Titans.

The St. Louis Rams.

Roman Noodles
03-05-2009, 03:54 PM
The Raiders seem to be his best chance, if they won't, then I don't know who else will.

Though I don't know if Russell is a good enough QB for TO's distinguished tastes. :lol:

Kurt Russell Crowe
03-07-2009, 05:00 PM
TO goes to the Buffalo Bills. heh.

Blandy vs Terrorism
03-07-2009, 05:03 PM

Minnesota

Oakland

or

reality TV

Likely not Minnesota, as he and Childress already have history.

And as a lifelong Cowboys fan.....

:boogie:

Blandy vs Terrorism
03-07-2009, 05:04 PM
TO goes to the Buffalo Bills. heh.

Heh. And I was right!

Briomega
03-07-2009, 05:09 PM
Good riddance. Hopefully when he cries in Buffalo his tears give his face frostbite.

Humphrey_Lee
03-07-2009, 07:26 PM
The Steelers wouldn't touch TO with a ten foot pole. They get rid of problem players very quickly and to the best of my knowledge, have never actually gone after a known head case. Also, they don't pay big bucks to free agents, especially ones who are on the downslope of their careers.

Yeah, Steelers wouldn't have taken him. I don't even think they're going to make Harrison an offer to extend his contract, simply because of his stupid punching incident during the Super Bowl. And good riddance too. Don't need that on the team, especially from someone over 30 and that was cut three teams before having his breakout season.

Magnum V.I.
03-07-2009, 07:29 PM
Good riddance. Hopefully when he cries in Buffalo his tears give his face frostbite.

I just hope he says. "Those are my Wings man. That's my wings you talkin' about." As he chows down on some Hot Wings.

LilPoe
03-07-2009, 08:41 PM

Minnesota

Oakland

or

reality TV

http://blog.vh1.com/2009-01-26/terrell-owens-has-a-vh1-reality-show/

Scotty
03-07-2009, 10:02 PM
T.O is a mutha fuckin' Bill. As a Bills fan i don't know how to take it. I'm sorta stunned.

Marcdachamp
03-07-2009, 11:36 PM
T.O is a mutha fuckin' Bill. As a Bills fan i don't know how to take it. I'm sorta stunned.

People are really excited here. My buddy is a GIANT Bills fan and he put it best: "How much harm can T.O. really do to this team? It's not like there's much to hurt."

bartleby
03-08-2009, 06:28 PM
"I'm leaving America's team (for) North America's team. This may not be the most ideal place for a lot of people, but I'm the guy. I beat to my own beat sometimes, my own thinking, my own intuition."

Clearly.

Mr. E!
03-08-2009, 06:43 PM

Eh, don't take it so hard. It was inevitable. There are a finite number of teams in the NFL.

dasNdanger
03-08-2009, 07:06 PM
I'm surprised he can still fit a helmet on that giant head of his.

das

gomi
03-08-2009, 07:17 PM
In your division, with the Jets, Miami and NE, the one thing you can't afford to do is lose close games. You have to find a way to win those, and the Bills don't. TO could be just the difference-maker you guys need. As much as I don't like the guy, he could be the perfect fit for Buffalo.

Briomega
03-08-2009, 07:22 PM
In your division, with the Jets, Miami and NE, the one thing you can't afford to do is lose close games. You have to find a way to win those, and the Bills don't. TO could be just the difference-maker you guys need. As much as I don't like the guy, he could be the perfect fit for Buffalo.

Yeah, until that one close game that they lose and T.O. complains because he was the only one open and could have won the game. In which case he'll cause another problem with the Quarterback and the Coach and ... well, life goes on in the T.O. story.

Scotty
03-08-2009, 07:39 PM
I've made peace with TO going to get my TO Bills jersey and make the best of the upcoming season and pray I will hear

EDWARDS TO OWENS TOUCHDOWN instead of EDWARDS TO OWENS TOUCH...wait he dropped the pass!"

Ultimate Lurker
03-11-2009, 04:55 AM

True. Seeing a 3 or 6 point loss every week sucks.

AndrewG
03-11-2009, 05:01 AM
I would have loved to see him back on the Eagles. Oh well.

bartleby
03-11-2009, 05:04 AM

We'd need a whole lot of popcorn for that.

TomBelandTSSTG
03-11-2009, 06:15 AM
Karma's a bitch, Terrel.

Whenever a team cuts Terrel Owens, an angel gets its wings.

Scotty
03-11-2009, 06:59 AM
Karma's a bitch, Terrel.

Whenever a team cuts Terrel Owens, an angel gets its wings.

Just get us to the play offs TO just get us to the plays off, I'll take a wild card.

Patch
03-11-2009, 07:00 AM
It's kind of up in the air. He might do more harm than good at Buffalo.

TomBelandTSSTG
03-11-2009, 07:46 AM

Every team has felt this way.

And every time he's proven them right.

TomBelandTSSTG
03-11-2009, 07:58 AM
Buffalo's quarterback will experience the Seven Stages of T.O. (by SF Chronicle's Bruce Jenkins)

1. "Man, he's good. What a specimen."

2. "I'm going down in history with this guy."

3. "He sure seems to drop a lot of balls."

4. "Was that T.O. talking behind my back?"

5. "Now he's ripping me to my face."

6. "Didn't you hear me? I'm done talking about this guy."

7. "Make a decision: Either he goes, or I go."

WillieLee
03-11-2009, 07:58 AM
Every team has felt this way.

And every time he's proven them right.

The Eagles have done so much better without him.

Marc Lombardi
03-11-2009, 08:39 AM
:mistrust:

You're not my friend anymore.

I mean, yeah, he's better than who we have at the moment but there's no way I want a presence like his back on my team.

Marc Lombardi
03-11-2009, 08:40 AM
His QB is Trent Edwards. There's no way in hell T.O. won't be bitching by week 4 about what a crappy QB he has throwing to him and blah blah blah. He will never change.

Patch
03-11-2009, 09:10 AM
His QB is Trent Edwards. There's no way in hell T.O. won't be bitching by week 4 about what a crappy QB he has throwing to him and blah blah blah. He will never change.

That's what we'll probably see.

Commentary about T.O.'s new-found maturity during some of the early Dallas games last year was laughable.
A few weeks later he's having tantrums and complaining he's not getting the ball (even in a game where ONE THIRD of the plays were directed to him).

bartleby
03-11-2009, 09:38 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okhiJjuefPw&feature=haxa_popt00us06

Patch
03-11-2009, 09:44 AM

Fuck.
I HATE seeing Hitler stuff made funny (he's too despicable)-- but that was well-played. :)

Marc Lombardi
03-11-2009, 10:03 AM
That's what we'll probably see.

Commentary about T.O.'s new-found maturity during some of the early Dallas games last year was laughable.
A few weeks later he's having tantrums and complaining he's not getting the ball (even in a game where ONE THIRD of the plays were directed to him).
Don't get me wrong, during his first season as a Eagle, I loved what he did for my team. But then the distractions came. And that's when all of the negative stuff that San Fran fans said about T.O. when it was between the Eagles and Ravens as to where he would end up started to creep into my mind and I thought "Wow, this guy REALLY isn't worth all of the trouble."

Have we been as successful without him? No, but it's not like we won a Super Bowl with him either. Did he have a positive impact on the offense when he was here? Sure, but at what cost to the team itself.

Hell...no wonder Bill Romanowski spit in his face!

He's a fantastic talent but an absolute head case. I won't group him with guys like Pacman Jones and Michael Vick on the level of being a menace and a distraction, but wherever T.O. goes, a divided locker room follows shortly thereafter. And football being such a big team sport (moreso than baseball or basketball) I think that personalities have just as much to do with a team's success as talent.

Big Coffin Hunter
03-11-2009, 10:09 AM
This should be interesting to watch. Owens is usually a choirboy in his first season with a team, then things deteriorate from there.
He'll most likely only be in Buffalo for one season, so he may keep his mouth shut and try to rack up stats to get a better offer from another team next year.

gomi
03-11-2009, 10:57 AM
That's too funny. They did a good job on that one.

Gregory
03-11-2009, 10:58 AM
This should be interesting to watch. Owens is usually a choirboy in his first season with a team, then things deteriorate from there.
He'll most likely only be in Buffalo for one season, so he may keep his mouth shut and try to rack up stats to get a better offer from another team next year.

Wonder how he'd behave if Buffalo does indeed move to Canada. Would he care? Would he try to be the NFL's top name there?

gomi
03-11-2009, 11:05 AM
He's a 35 year old WR... if he signs somewhere next year, expect it to be another 1 year contract and for less than the 6.5 million he's getting this year, even if he has a standout season.

Scotty
03-11-2009, 11:24 AM
As a fan of the Buffalo Bills (is there any others on the board? ) my response to the above.

To the SF Chronicle. TO is going to be there a year and so in 16 games that totally isn't going to happen . Maybe in 32 but not in 16 and TO is only staying for a year. If there is any trouble he wont be back.

Trent Edwards is well aware of what he's going in to. As long as as TO keeps the defense busy so Lee can catch balls. We needed a second receiver, and I don't think we have any dreams of going to the playoffs especially as the AFC East is getting ugly. The Dolphins, Jets and Pats are all better than our team. We are getting there and TO is just a piece to help out for a year.

Scotty
03-12-2009, 05:25 AM
Hitler chimes in on the latest on Terrel Owens

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okhiJjuefPw&eurl=http://www.fark.com/cgi/vidplayer.pl?IDLink=4263302&feature=player_embedded

bartleby
03-12-2009, 06:00 AM
Does anybody know what Hitler thinks about Terrel Owens signing with the Buffalo Bills?

Marc Lombardi
03-12-2009, 06:04 AM
Does anybody know what Hitler thinks about Terrel Owens signing with the Buffalo Bills?
Probably something like what he thinks about Michael Bay directing the Transformers movie. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ri853pg74kc)

Scotty
03-12-2009, 05:26 PM
Probably something like what he thinks about Michael Bay directing the Transformers movie. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ri853pg74kc)

I can totally agree to that one.

Blandy vs Terrorism
03-13-2009, 04:24 PM

Looks like that might not be the case, based on one news story and a relatively reliable rumor.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3974885&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- For Bills fans filling out their programs: Yes, folks, T.O. will be No. 81.

Bills WR Terrell Owens meets the media for the first time after being introduced in Buffalo.
The Buffalo Bills said Thursday that newly signed receiver Terrell Owens will be getting his familiar number, and that second-year receiver James Hardy will be switching to No. 84.

Hardy, the team's second-round draft pick out of Indiana last year, wore No. 81 during his rookie season.

It's unclear whether Hardy will be compensated by Owens to switch numbers. In the past, veteran players joining new teams have been known to pay for or provide compensation for the right to switch numbers.

Owens has worn No. 81 throughout his NFL career, but wore No. 80 in college at Tennessee-Chattanooga.
Now, the rumor part is that instead of offering compensation, TO pretty much just said to Hardy and the Bills "That's my number. I don't care how it happens. It's mine. Work it out."

This coming from KFAN morning show host Mike Morris, formerly of the MN Vikings and still with strong ties to the NFL, so I'm inclined to believe it.

Morris also is a bit biased, though, when he echoes my own thoughts in saying "God, I hate him."