PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Show or Kids in the Hall?

BudBaxter11
06-17-2005, 09:39 PM
Which is better? It's actually kind of difficult for me, but I have to say I like Mr. Show more-

The Human Target
06-17-2005, 09:41 PM
Kids.

Blandy vs Terrorism
06-17-2005, 09:44 PM
Tough choice....REALLY tough choice. I may have to go buy the Kids first season and watch both just to decide.

kaptain
06-17-2005, 09:44 PM
Both were great, but Kids in the Hall was more consistent.

Blake Sims
06-17-2005, 10:14 PM
Both were great, but Kids in the Hall was more consistent.
my thoughts exactly

Jonny Z
06-17-2005, 10:15 PM
mr show for me

Brian Reed
06-17-2005, 10:32 PM
I voted Kids in the Hall, but then again, I'm old and I remember when the show was brand spanking new.

james michael
06-17-2005, 10:37 PM
kids in the hall was definitely groundbreaking, and paved the way for shows like mr show, and the ben stiller show, but mr show took the formula and perfected it... im so fuckin glad that comedy central is playing it now...

BudBaxter11
06-17-2005, 10:37 PM
ryguy and I weer talking about how Mr. Show was the logical succession of Monty Python while Kids was the descendant of early SNL- I guess the difference is likes is just up to what kind of comedy is suited to the individual person

(akaRyanHoffman)
06-17-2005, 10:39 PM
ryguy and I weer talking about how Mr. Show was the logical succession of Monty Python while Kids was the descendant of early SNL- I guess the difference is likes is just up to what kind of comedy is suited to the individual person

And they both really are great shows.

LenNWallace
06-17-2005, 10:50 PM
seeing as how I've never had the opporitunity to see Mr. Show, I gotta go with Kids In The Hall. Scott Thompson is the greatest.

Opus Croakus
06-17-2005, 11:15 PM
Kids. Made me laugh more often.
Haven't seen it in YEARS and still have lines stuck in my head.
"My pen! My pen!" Brilliant.

Ziolko
06-17-2005, 11:26 PM
I LOVE Mr Show, but Kids In The Hall were just a little bit funnier.

Plus Brain Candy was better than Run, Ronnie, Run.

The Girl
06-17-2005, 11:30 PM
Kids in the Hall.

Blandy vs Terrorism
06-17-2005, 11:40 PM
seeing as how I've never had the opporitunity to see Mr. Show, I gotta go with Kids In The Hall. Scott Thompson is the greatest.

Buddy Cole is still my favorite sketch character to this day.

Slingy
06-18-2005, 12:28 AM
I think more people have seen Kids than Mr Show, so Kids will probably win it.

Comedy Central is showing Mr. Show now?? Tell me it's unedited. ...Right, like that would happen.

TheChronoTrigger
06-18-2005, 12:36 AM
On the subject of Me.
"If I was stranded on a desert island, and I could only have one person, one book, and one record with me, I'd probably die of exposure."

No contest... Kids in the Hall. That show was so great. Even while I write this, I can think of so many great sketches from Kids in the Hall that are just legendary. Mr. Show is great, but not nearly on the same level for quality or quantity as Kids in the Hall.

kubiak
06-18-2005, 12:39 AM
They're both great! I voted for Mr. Show but only based on the fact that I've been reading the Mr. Show book at night.

james michael
06-18-2005, 12:49 AM
Comedy Central is showing Mr. Show now?? Tell me it's unedited. ...Right, like that would happen.

not unedited, but still very very good...

AAlgar
06-18-2005, 01:23 AM
Kids in the Hall.

LOVE them both, but Mr. Show actually did something that no sketch show ever has: it got too weird for me at times. Sometimes I had trouble seeing where the actual joke was.

TheTravis!
06-18-2005, 04:48 AM
I can't do it. I can't pick. It's like asking me which of my children I love better.

bartleby
06-18-2005, 04:56 AM

I don't know if that's neccessarily true. See, I greatly prefer SNL to MONTY PYTHON, but I also like MR. SHOW much more than KIDS IN THE HALL. Maybe it's just a case of me being overly xenophobic.

james michael
06-18-2005, 05:02 AM
I can't do it. I can't pick. It's like asking me which of my children I love better.

well, you always know you love the ugly one less...

TRILL, THE CARBON BASED LIFEFORM
06-18-2005, 05:44 AM
I feel almost the same way, but I lack maternal instinct so I'll pick Kids in the Hall.

niceguyeddie
06-18-2005, 07:20 AM
never really dug either of the two shows.
what was up with all the crossdressing in kids in the hall?

AAlgar
06-18-2005, 07:58 AM
never really dug either of the two shows.
what was up with all the crossdressing in kids in the hall?

There were no women in the group and their skits sometimes featured female characters. Why does everyone always fixate on the crossdressing? They were just actors, playing parts.

james michael
06-18-2005, 08:02 AM
There were no women in the group and their skits sometimes featured female characters. Why does everyone always fixate on the crossdressing? They were just actors, playing parts.

well, at least half of em were big flamin homos, so i can see how it could be kinda weird, plus they were ALL canadian... thats fucking creepy man...

06-18-2005, 08:06 AM
well, at least half of em were big flamin homos, so i can see how it could be kinda weird, plus they were ALL canadian... thats fucking creepy man...
Uh, exactly one of them was a big flaming homo, Scott Thompson. Strangely enough, he was the one who played the best straight men (in both senses). He played Buddy Cole and the gay waiter parts, but also the incredibly straight Danny and many others.

james michael
06-18-2005, 08:11 AM
Uh, exactly one of them was a big flaming homo, Scott Thompson. Strangely enough, he was the one who played the straight men (in both senses) the best.

the guy that ended up on snl wasnt gay? the bird lady?

and scott thompson was the best out of them all...

The Roman Candle
06-18-2005, 08:14 AM
Tough, but I gotta say Mr. Show.

06-18-2005, 08:15 AM

Nope, the Chicken Lady wasn't a flaming homo. Mark McKinney (http://imdb.com/name/nm0571897/bio)

Travis M. Bierwagen
06-18-2005, 08:17 AM

I have a friend who loves, loves Monty Python. Which involved lots of cross dressing.

But for some reason he could never get over all of the cross dressing on Kids in the Hall. :mistrust:

Out of KIDS or MR. SHOW... my vote goes to KitH.

james michael
06-18-2005, 08:19 AM
Nope, the Chicken Lady wasn't a flaming homo. Mark McKinney (http://imdb.com/name/nm0571897/bio)
hes not gay?
:mistrust:

i just get a vibe through my tv set from him...

Jew Mafia
06-18-2005, 08:19 AM

Mark McKinney? No, he isn't gay. My vote goes to the Kids too. They had a great run, the only black mark on them is the last year or two when they were on CBS and they got neutered by censors. They're really cool to their fans too, after their last tour they came out after the show and signed autographs for almost an hour. Except for Kevin McDonald, according to Bruce he was allergic to air that night and would have burst into flames if he came out of the tour bus. "It was Citizen Kane!"

james michael
06-18-2005, 08:22 AM
Mark McKinney? No, he isn't gay.

damn you and goddamn trillian!!! :x

06-18-2005, 08:25 AM
hes not gay?
:mistrust:

i just get a vibe through my tv set from him...
... I don't know, maybe he's bicurious or slips a finger into his anus while masturbating. The bio says that he's been married to a woman for 10 years and has two kids.

Jew Mafia
06-18-2005, 08:26 AM
damn you and goddamn trillian!!! :x

Time to take your gaydar in for a tune up dude.

james michael
06-18-2005, 08:35 AM
Time to take your gaydar in for a tune up dude.

fine, i will then...

by the way, i know a guy that has been married for 15 years and has three kids, and he LOVES the cock...
everyone needs a cover ;)

06-18-2005, 08:55 AM

fine, i will then...

by the way, i know a guy that has been married for 15 years and has three kids, and he LOVES the cock...
That's weak. You could second guess like that about anyone.

Jew Mafia
06-18-2005, 08:59 AM

fine, i will then...

Thats true, I'm a lesbian posing as a hetero male 8)

TheTravis!
06-18-2005, 09:51 AM
Mr. Show, Kids in the Hall, and the State form the Holy Trinity of Funny for me.

I will say that KITH plays better in reruns than Mr. Show. Comedy Central has to cut so much shit out of Mr. Show that it's almost not worth airing it.

Taki Soma
06-18-2005, 09:53 AM
never seen mr. show, but kids have been my fave for years and saw them live twice. gotta go with kids.

CapnChaos
06-18-2005, 10:00 AM
Mr. Show.

Fuck! That little fuckers TASTY!

james michael
06-18-2005, 11:35 AM
That's weak. You could second guess like that about anyone.

:shifty:

and i do...

Vroom_Socko
06-18-2005, 01:08 PM
Since Mr. Show has never once made me laugh, my choice is obvious.