PDA

View Full Version : Reporting from New York!

Shannon Chenoweth
06-16-2005, 04:59 PM
I didn't think I would have 'net access here on my laptop, but I do.
Anyway, I am now in the Big Apple. Con starts tommorrow at 12pm. Looks like I'll be getting into NYC at about 9am (taking the train from Hampton Bays area). If anyone is going to be in the city about that time and wants to meet up and hang for a couple hours, let me know.
Other than that, I'll try to post a con report on Saturday night or Sunday.

RC

moonspider
06-16-2005, 05:00 PM
:gives you NY HUG:

Shannon Chenoweth
06-16-2005, 05:40 PM
:gives you NY HUG:

You coming to the con this weekend?

RC

BronxRonin
06-16-2005, 06:19 PM
saturday see ya then.have a safe trip.

Amos Moses
06-16-2005, 06:22 PM
I was kind of hoping you'd say "It's saturday night!"

TRILL, THE CARBON BASED LIFEFORM
06-16-2005, 06:25 PM
I hope you have a better hotel room than ours when we went in March. The caretaker, (who looked a lot like Scatman Caruthers in "The Shining") lived in the room next to ours. He liked to bitch out his cat all the time, hoot constantly and drop what sounded like bowling balls from great heights.

BronxRonin
06-16-2005, 06:27 PM
I hope you have a better hotel room than ours when we went in March. The caretaker, (who looked a lot like Scatman Caruthers in "The Shining") lived in the room next to ours. He liked to bitch out his cat all the time, hoot constantly and drop what sounded like bowling balls from great heights.

You guys not coming this time?

06-16-2005, 06:34 PM
You guys not coming this time?
Unfortunately, no. We gotta save up for WW Chicago. PeterSparker was telling me that there's another NYC con in Jan. or Feb, which we might be able to afford. (We're going to start saving for a house.)

You NYC mooks are always welcome for a whirlwind tour of DC. :blurp:

DaGetHighKnight
06-16-2005, 06:56 PM
Unfortunately, no. We gotta save up for WW Chicago. PeterSparker was telling me that there's another NYC con in Jan. or Feb, which we might be able to afford. (We're going to start saving for a house.)

You NYC mooks are always welcome for a whirlwind tour of DC. :blurp:

Im on my way. Ill need the master bedroom a pound of pot four 2 litters of pepsi and a sacrificial chicken...

06-16-2005, 07:04 PM
Im on my way. Ill need the master bedroom a pound of pot four 2 litters of pepsi and a sacrificial chicken...
Done, done, and done. Except for the pot. We work with the fed. government. WE DON'T KNOW ABOUT POT.

jacoblb
06-17-2005, 07:14 AM
Have fun and good luck.

DaGetHighKnight
06-17-2005, 07:24 AM
. We work with the fed. government. WE DON'T KNOW ABOUT POT.

*cancels plane ticket*
:(

PhilipClark
06-17-2005, 07:45 AM
Welcome to the apple.

Go say hi to Peter Palmiotti, and tell him I sent you.

PC

Shannon Chenoweth
06-17-2005, 07:19 PM
Wooo!!! Good day today! I was shocked at where they put me. I am in between Brian K. Vaughan, Tony Harris, Michael Lark and Dan Slott. Very awesome to be next to these guys. Classy guys to say the least. Really, I feel honored to be placed near them. BKV has been very cool, talking to me about writing and his process a bit. Tony and Michael are great of course. Dan Slott will be there tommorrow. I look forward to meeting him. Worth the two hour train ride in. Good sales today also. :)
Anyway, full report either Sunday PM or Monday. I look forward to seeing whomever makes it in tommorrow! Thanks to the boarders I met today (and the Cabal members). I am blanking on names right now, but I know I met Mark and Dan amoung others.

RC

Shannon Chenoweth
06-17-2005, 07:20 PM
Welcome to the apple.

Go say hi to Peter Palmiotti, and tell him I sent you.

PC

I just saw this. I'll see you tommorrow right? Looking forward to meeing you.

RC

moonspider
06-17-2005, 07:26 PM
You coming to the con this weekend?

RC

can't no money....i'm sawwwwwwy
plus i made other plans that dont require use of money

Dan Slott
06-18-2005, 01:36 AM
Hi.
Sad to say that I have to bow out of the Big Apple Con today. I've had a really bad ear infection for the past few days-- pretty nasty, and now it's draining to boot-- ewww...

Anyway, I pretty much called in sick yesterday, and told them I probably wouldn't be in today either.

Very very very sorry!
Dan

AAlgar
06-18-2005, 01:37 AM
Hi.
Sad to say that I have to bow out of the Big Apple Con today. I've had a really bad ear infection for the past few days-- pretty nasty, and now it's draining to boot-- ewww...

Anyway, I pretty much called in sick yesterday, and told them I probably wouldn't be in today either.

Very very very sorry!
Dan

Quitter.

(Get well soon.)

Shannon Chenoweth
06-18-2005, 02:14 AM
Hi.

Very very very sorry!
Dan

That's too bad Dan. I hope you get better soon!

RC

daut
06-18-2005, 04:49 AM
I didn't think I would have 'net access here on my laptop, but I do.
Anyway, I am now in the Big Apple. Con starts tommorrow at 12pm. Looks like I'll be getting into NYC at about 9am (taking the train from Hampton Bays area). If anyone is going to be in the city about that time and wants to meet up and hang for a couple hours, let me know.
Other than that, I'll try to post a con report on Saturday night or Sunday.

RC
Have fun and go hug Louis small Jr. For me please, and by the way call him uncle Lou. Thank you.

daut
06-18-2005, 04:51 AM
Hi.

Very very very sorry!
Dan
Feel better dude!

THWIP!
06-18-2005, 04:53 AM
That sucks Dan, but that lightens my carrying load so thanks.

Bill Nolan
06-18-2005, 07:46 PM
Hi.

Very very very sorry!
Dan

All will be forgiven if you make it to the Boston show next month. You and Pelletier at the same show will be great. Plus Ron Frenz!

I actually had a double ear infection when my first kid was an infant. My kids never got them, but as soon as we started having kids, I did...

- Bill

Shannon Chenoweth
06-19-2005, 02:42 PM
Hey guys, I had a great time at the con. Met a lot of folks from here and the BKV boards, especially on Saturday. Everyone was very cool. More soon!

RC :)