PDA

View Full Version : Jim Lee sketch/story

CharleMurphy8311
06-16-2005, 02:32 PM
I am on a posting frenzy!

tell me all your jim lee sketch stories!

i want to know what types of sketches i can get from him if i ever see him at a con/store/7-11 i might bump into him in

X arseface X
06-16-2005, 02:33 PM
I've only met him once, but he was a dick. I wouldn't expect to get much from him at all without sacrificing your first born. Sad, but true.

DrMachine
06-16-2005, 02:34 PM
ask him for a slurpy

Boris the Blade
06-16-2005, 02:34 PM
It'll probably cost you a paycheck.

TIP
06-16-2005, 02:35 PM
It might seem odd but I got Jim Lee to sketch me a pic of Steve McGarrett strangling Vic Tayback with Superman's redshorts.

T

joeAR
06-16-2005, 02:35 PM
He was incredibly nice and generous. The line was fucking huge and he had very little time to do a sketch so he only did head sketches. If you catch him at a small con he will do more than a head sketch.

X arseface X
06-16-2005, 02:37 PM
He was incredibly nice and generous. The line was fucking huge and he had very little time to do a sketch so he only did head sketches. If you catch him at a small con he will do more than a head sketch.
Are we talking about the same guy? When I met him, he had a decent sized line, but was too busy talking on his cell phone and watching the clock to do anything nice for anyone. Maybe I got him on a shitty day.

joeAR
06-16-2005, 02:40 PM
Are we talking about the same guy? When I met him, he had a decent sized line, but was too busy talking on his cell phone and watching the clock to do anything nice for anyone. Maybe I got him on a shitty day.

You're the only person who i've talked to who's said anything like this while waiting in a jim lee line. I've met him at Wizard Wolrd Chicago 3 times(all 3 I got a head sketch cause the lines were huge) and at Graham Cracker Comics downtown Chicago, also got a sketch there.

Jew Mafia
06-16-2005, 02:42 PM
I was supposed to meet him back in 92 at the big Image break out party at the chicago con (pre-wizard) but he was the only image guy that didnt show. At least officially because I saw him walking around the hotel but he never did a signing or panel or anything as far as I know. Suprisingly Liefeld was the coolest out of all those guys, he had to leave the show a day early so he set up an all night signing before he had to leave.

X arseface X
06-16-2005, 02:44 PM
You're the only person who i've talked to who's said anything like this while waiting in a jim lee line. I've met him at Wizard Wolrd Chicago 3 times(all 3 I got a head sketch cause the lines were huge) and at Graham Cracker Comics downtown Chicago, also got a sketch there.
Man that's really weird. I've seriously avoided meeting him a second time, because my first experience was so bad. Perhaps I'll give it a second try, if I get the chance.

The Saint
06-16-2005, 02:48 PM
For the last three years, i have brought a hat to to WWChicago and have gotten as many people i can to sign it. Jim Lee does this great head sketch of Logan smokin a cigar on my hat. I didn't ask him for a sketch, but he did it anyway. I was pleasantly surprised.

Pat Loika
06-16-2005, 02:58 PM
San Diego Comic-Con 2002:

After networking with other fans, we found out what time Jim Lee was going to be signing at the DC booth, so we started a line of sorts. We lucked out and he was placed right where we were, so the years of me hunting down a sketch from him finally came to an end. I wanted to ask for a Magneto, since he's one of my favorites from his run.

Minutes later, we're all in the official line. This cute girl was ahead of me in line, and I struck up a conversation. We were talking about what sketch we were going to ask for. She didn't know who she wanted yet...I told her I wanted Magneto. And she was all, "of course! He drew an awesome Magneto."

Then it was her turn....and she asked for Magneto. And Jim drew an awesome Magneto, too. She thanked him, said goodbye to me, then left...

Now it was my turn, and I asked for Magneto...

...and Jim said, "I really don't like doing the same character twice in a row."

So I asked for Doom.

"No, too much metal...."

As I was thinking of something, he started sketching already, and I heard, "how about Catwoman?"

I can't say no since he already started, and he's gracious enough to do one for me I stopped caring. It was great to have a sketch from him...even though I do wish I got to pick who he sketched.

Somewhere out there, some girl has my Magneto sketch.

P.

joeAR
06-16-2005, 03:01 PM
San Diego Comic-Con 2002:

After networking with other fans, we found out what time Jim Lee was going to be signing at the DC booth, so we started a line of sorts. We lucked out and he was placed right where we were, so the years of me hunting down a sketch from him finally came to an end. I wanted to ask for a Magneto, since he's one of my favorites from his run.

Minutes later, we're all in the official line. This cute girl was ahead of me in line, and I struck up a conversation. We were talking about what sketch we were going to ask for. She didn't know who she wanted yet...I told her I wanted Magneto. And she was all, "of course! He drew an awesome Magneto."

Then it was her turn....and she asked for Magneto. And Jim drew an awesome Magneto, too. She thanked him, said goodbye to me, then left...

Now it was my turn, and I asked for Magneto...

...and Jim said, "I really don't like doing the same character twice in a row."

So I asked for Doom.

"No, too much metal...."

As I was thinking of something, he started sketching already, and I heard, "how about Catwoman?"

I can't say no since he already started, and he's gracious enough to do one for me I stopped caring. It was great to have a sketch from him...even though I do wish I got to pick who he sketched.

Somewhere out there, some girl has my Magneto sketch.

P.

Damn her damn her to Hell.

justjeffery
06-16-2005, 03:03 PM
My wife and I each have a sketch from him.

She got hers way back when Image first started... we met him at a store signing and then at a second store signing almost 4 hours away... so he remembered us.. she was the only one that got a sketch from him that day...a quick Zealot sketch

Year before last at Wizard World Texas, I was 7th in line to get to him and it took over 2 hours because he was sketching so much. I got a really nice Wolverine head sketch.