PDA

View Full Version : Street Angel, any good?

Flonk
06-16-2005, 12:28 PM
I was gonna buy this yesterday, but I was too busy buying Last Hero Standing, Wolverine, Frank Miller's RoboCop, and other crap that I hate but continue to buy. So, is Street Angel any good? Good enough to warrent a special trip to the store?

The Human Target
06-16-2005, 12:29 PM
I made a special trip for it. I was really let down.

Boris the Blade
06-16-2005, 12:29 PM
I loved it.

alexlannin
06-16-2005, 12:30 PM
I've got the first trade, I haven't read it yet.

Ben Rosen
06-16-2005, 12:36 PM
it's just amazing. much better than the books you hate, even if it's only because you hate those books. it just might even be better than the books you love.

AAlgar
06-16-2005, 12:38 PM
I was gonna buy this yesterday, but I was too busy buying Last Hero Standing, Wolverine, Frank Miller's RoboCop, and other crap that I hate but continue to buy. So, is Street Angel any good? Good enough to warrent a special trip to the store?

Shouldn't someone be chiming in and telling you not to buy books you hate?

Oh, wait.

The Human Target
06-16-2005, 12:41 PM
it's just amazing. much better than the books you hate, even if it's only because you hate those books. it just might even be better than the books you love.

coughliarcough

:crazy:

The Human Target
06-16-2005, 12:42 PM

Oh, wait.

Damn, I would have but I somehow missed that.

BAD FLONK!!!! :sick:

Ben Rosen
06-16-2005, 12:46 PM
coughliarcough

:crazy:

coughit'sbetterthanyouthinkandyou'rewrongcoughseri ouslyit'sgreatcough

The Human Target
06-16-2005, 12:47 PM
coughit'sbetterthanyouthinkandyou'rewrongcoughseri ouslyit'sgreatcough

It hurt my brain to read that. You win.

Flonk
06-16-2005, 12:54 PM

Oh, wait.

Oh, I know. I'm only buying them to finish the storyline. Hippocritical? Probably, but I stand by it.

And it seems as though I missed Birds of Prey, so it looks like I'll be heading back to the store anyway :D

Andreas
06-16-2005, 02:42 PM
It's good. Did you read the Afrodisiac story in the PROJECT: SUPERIOR anthology?

Jim Rugg and Brian Maruca have a website where you can find preview pages (http://www.streetangelcomics.com/) from all five issues. :)

It was a great week for comic books. I got copies of Eisner's THE PLOT and Frank King's WALT AND SKEEZIX and grabbed a COMICS JOURNAL issue with a Craig Thompson interview and some old Walt Kelly strips. :ecstatic:

Andreas

Jamie S. Rich
06-16-2005, 03:15 PM
I'll second the sentiments here that:

(1) Yes, it's really, really good.
(2) That list of books you did buy is abysmal.

BudBaxter11
06-16-2005, 03:19 PM
I was kinda thinking about getting it- but scott pilgrim beckoned

Criden
06-16-2005, 03:23 PM

...what?

BenitoCereno
06-16-2005, 03:56 PM
I was kinda thinking about getting it- but scott pilgrim beckoned

I have to say you ultimately made the right choice in a tightass race, but I love Street Angel. I have the singles and I seriously contemplated buying the trade just for the extra stories in it. I may still get it.

Ben Rosen
06-16-2005, 04:03 PM
...what?

i was telling him it's better than the books he hates. he hates them because they're bad. that makes street angel better. PLUS Street Angel is sooooo good, it's probably better than a book he really likes. It could be a new favorite for him.