PDA

View Full Version : MORSE NEWS-Pixar, San Diego!

Scott Morse
06-16-2005, 10:35 AM
Hey all!

It's been awhile since I've been around online, and with friends surfing this neck of the woods, I thought it'd be a good idea to drop by and say hello and catch everyone up!

*My message board is gone, as it had been repeatedly hacked. I'll come up with something new soon. Until then, just visit www.scottmorse.com (www.scottmorse.com) for kicks.

*I've moved. I'm in Nor Cal now, out of L.A. I'm working for Pixar and having fun. That doesn't mean I'm not working on new comics, though. ;)

*SAN DIEGO: I'll be there, but it'll be my only con this year, probably, as I've got a new son. Anyhow, cruise on by booth 4800 to visit me, Mahfood, Huddleston, and Seda. We'll all have new stuff...I'll have:
--2 new t-shirts, and yes, some of them will be baby dolls
--limited editon verisons of the IDW FRANKENSTEIN children's book, with original paintings inside. Yes, real paint, in the book. 25 copies only.
--Original art, including pages from FRANKENSTEIN, the Eisner nominated PLASTIC MAN, and more
--possibly a new mini comic, too, if time allows!
--and books, books, books.

*Also, cruise by these folks for fun suprises:

E-VILLE PRESS at E3 and E4: Go buy AFTERWERKS. These guys will blow you away with their huge new anthology. Need to know more? How about this: THE ALL WORK AT PIXAR. Awesome artists and storytellers, doing it for the first time on the printed page! Also, MARK ANDREWS, the Emmy-Award winning head of story on the INCREDIBLES has a new graphic novel, COLOSSUS, available, over 200 pages!

FLIGHT COMICS at booth 930: You know the drill. Find Enrico and Ronnie for more new Pixar love!

La LUZ COmics/TenNapel at booth 1328: New stuff from Sam Hiti and Doug T! Get on it!

Evan Wiener
06-16-2005, 10:52 AM
Sweet! What kind of work are you doing for Pixar?

Joe Henderson
06-16-2005, 10:54 AM
You're working at Pixar? That's fantastic news, both for them and for you.

Cth
06-16-2005, 11:09 AM
Cool, I was hoping to hear some new news.. even better coming directly from the source :)

Scott Morse
06-16-2005, 01:35 PM
Hey folks-

Thanks for the kind hellos! PIXAR- I'm not allowed to talk specifically about what I'm working on, but I'm a story artist, doing boards and some designs and stuff, on a future film.

Comics are still being made, though! I wanted to have a new fully painted book out at SD...it's finished, a sort of children's book biography of animation great (and mentor) Maurice Noble. I'll have scans of the art at my booth at SD, but the actual book won't hit until later this year or early next. Doing some other new stuff, too, so no worries about comics falling by the wayside of the Pixar train.

Olivier E.
06-16-2005, 01:41 PM
*wants more Scott Morse goodness*

are you going to draw also Flash or only write?

sonnylarue
06-16-2005, 01:44 PM
Dude, your casefiles sam & twich arc was fantastic!

chrisfasowned
06-16-2005, 01:46 PM
is frankenstein out yet? i've been harassing my lcs for a while now... i miss me some morse love. how's your con schedule look for '06. i'm helping put on a show here... :D
congrats on the new kid!

xyzzy
06-16-2005, 01:55 PM
If I come to the Pixar offices, will you sign my Complete Soulwind?

DanLTaylor
06-16-2005, 01:59 PM
Little Book of Horror: Frankenstein has been out for weeks now.

In fact, I just got my copy of Little book of Horror: War of the Worlds today. That should it lcs next week.

Ziolko
06-16-2005, 02:01 PM
I'll have to keep my ears perked up for your possible mini comic...the last few I got from you blew me away!

mario
06-16-2005, 02:01 PM
Scott's original painted page from his Batman issue has a nice little place in my collection! I hope to buy more of his stuff in the future

Blandy vs Terrorism
06-16-2005, 02:04 PM
The Colossus GN is out in stores now? I'll look for it tomorrow and check it out.

chrisfasowned
06-16-2005, 02:28 PM
Little Book of Horror: Frankenstein has been out for weeks now.

In fact, I just got my copy of Little book of Horror: War of the Worlds today. That should it lcs next week.

then for some reason, my lcs didn't get theirs. i saw the order so i know it got ordered. i wonder if anyone else has had problems. i know some shops had problems getting indie books a while back and even a couple had trouble getting HHH in. :miffed:

Scott Morse
06-16-2005, 02:51 PM
I'm writing the FLASH?! First I've heard of it...though that'd be fun...

FRANKENSTEIN is out, yep. Doing well, I hear (and hope)! It's fully painted, full-color.

Thanks for the CASEFILES props! Art from that will be going CHEAP at SD...$20 for a painted panel, $10 for a line-art panel.

I'll have art from ROOM FULL OF STRANGERS, PLASTIC MAN, FRANKENSTEIN, BIZARRO WORLD, and more, too...

ALSO: I'll be doing original paintings instead of sketches, like last year. $80 for whatever you want, 8x10, black and white on a color background. Come early to get on the list if you're interested. I won't be taking reserves until the show, and I won't be selling anything online until after the show.

Thanks again, guys and gals-

Olivier E.
06-16-2005, 02:57 PM
I'm writing the FLASH?! First I've heard of it...though that'd be fun...

I'm drunk :Oops:

:surrend:

Pat Loika
06-16-2005, 02:59 PM
I'll be sure to stop by, Scott!

P.

Scott Morse
06-16-2005, 03:12 PM
I'm drunk :Oops:

:surrend:

Wish I was...at least the weekend's almost here!

See you at the show, Pat, and hopefully the rest of you, too!

Oh, and COLOSSUS is still at the printers...it'll debut at the con. As will my son, Finn. He's not at the printers, he's probably sleeping. Or crapping. Or both. :moon:

Criden
06-16-2005, 03:24 PM
Congrats on the new son, Scott! :)

Scott Morse
06-16-2005, 03:56 PM
Congrats on the new son, Scott! :)

Thanks!

Scott Morse
06-17-2005, 09:53 AM
OH! And Jim Mahfood and I will be doing a LIVE ART SHOW at THE BEEHIVE Saturday night! If you attended the last one, you know it'll be a big blow-out. We packed the place, and plan to do so again. Tell a friend! DJ's, booze, and huge original paintings being produced before your very eyes as you hit on the guy or girl next to you and trade some of the con funk for some REAL funk.

SteveZegers
06-17-2005, 10:25 AM
I'd like to get on you commission list right now! :happy: