PDA

View Full Version : My Reviews- Spoilers

sto110
06-16-2005, 05:39 AM
I only get my comics about once a month and it seemed to be a nice stack this week. Thought I would share my thoughts:

Ultimate Spiderman - Wow, I got done reading this and it made me realize how much I love this book, real people real settings. Noone was the evil badguy, noone was a villian no spiderman and hardly any Peter Parker yet somehow I loved this issue. This IS MARY JANE. This is her to a T and it was an amazing issue. Reminded me of the Aunt may Therapist issue and the reveal in issue 13.

Wolverine - Agent of Shield part 4 of 6 - This is my single favorite appearance of wolverine ever. Hands down. Absolute carnage, Wolverine killing hundreds maybe thousands of the Hand. The art was great. I am a JRJR whore and this issue was just wonderful. Two panels come to mind - 1. Where wolverine is standing in front of the hand leaders and has his claws extended, he is draped in shadow. Loved that and the last page was great. The only thing I do not understand is how Elektra was talking to him. Seemed weird. Like its not telephathy because i am not a telepath but it is something else, cant tell you what.

Uncanny X-Men 460/461 - Read 460, liked it better then the recent stuff. The wolverine continuity that they try to flesh out here doesnt make sense to me though, When is everything taking place. I assumed that the enemy of the state stuff happened before the savage land arc, or during i guess. I dont know i am just confused, the man is in 5 places at once. 461 I flipped through and will post more when i read more.

X-Men - Golgitha Finale. I love the arc, but the story is just confusing. I feel like I am reading the recent superman Arzillo story. It is not capturing my attention.

X-Men Love triangle- Better issue in my opinion. At least it makes sense. Foxxy is Mystique in my opinion. She says something like ....my (stops herself)... rogue. I think she was going to say my daughter. This would make sense because of the writing not being up to standard in my opinion and a new writer would not think that mystique wouldnt be able to get passed the telepaths and Wolverines nose. We will see i guess.

Ultimate Defenders - Nice issue, has me looking forward to see who the traitor is. I am definitly picking this up in hardcover.

Ultimate Iron Man #2 - I am liking where this is going, sucks that Kubert wont be around for the longterm.

Daredevil #74 - wow, wonderful stuff this is what comics are all about in my opinion, great writing great art.

Superman Batman #20 - Ok i flipped through it and it looked really really bad. I have been a fan of this series but what is this shit. He is trying to rip off the avengers because of somethign that was meant as a homage or a friendly competion 20 years ago. It didnt seem funny or entertaining. It was just bad. Overly obvious crap.

House of M #1 - Great start to a great series, love the art.

Green Lantern #1- as someone who knows verly little about DC and the lanterns this first issue has my interest. Looking forward to see where it goes from here.

Amazing Spiderman #520 - Solid issue, this is what ASM is all about.

Still to Read:
MK Spiderman
UXM 461
Exiles 61
Spiderman Breakout
etc...

ds9
06-16-2005, 05:46 AM
Ultimate Spiderman - Wow, I got done reading this and it made me realize how much I love this book, real people real settings. Noone was the evil badguy, noone was a villian no spiderman and hardly any Peter Parker yet somehow I loved this issue. This IS MARY JANE. This is her to a T and it was an amazing issue. Reminded me of the Aunt may Therapist issue and the reveal in issue 13.
Where the fuck was spiderman? :frustrat:

innocentboy
06-16-2005, 05:47 AM
Ultimate Hobgoblin is the shit

sto110
06-16-2005, 06:16 AM
Where the fuck was spiderman? :frustrat:

Thats my point, it was such a well written issue, i was so into the story i didnt even miss him.

ds9
06-16-2005, 06:28 AM
Thats my point, it was such a well written issue, i was so into the story i didnt even miss him.your evil man :nonono2:

sto110
06-17-2005, 07:29 AM
MK: Spiderman

Ok what is going on in comics. MK Spiderman and Supes/bats seem to be the same thing, a waste of my time. I defended the first issue of MK after miller but it doesnt seem to be getting any better. :surrend: