PDA

View Full Version : Take a post... From any thread...

TomBelandTSSTG
01-01-2009, 11:17 AM
Post that post HERE and we will try to decide, from that post, if the writer is sane, or crazy. Don't just post a bunch of quotes... we all have to stick with the first post and argue it out until I come to my verdict. I will then accept TOPICS of the next post from everyone.

For instance, I could have a great quote from someone saying that Emeril Lagasse says "BAM" too much. Instead of posting the quote, I'd give it a category, such as "food nerd" and post that. If I'm curious to hear the quote, I'll say so and we can debate the mentality of the original owner of the quote.

Could be fun!

Oh... and no. You can't use THIS post as the first post.

Jonathan Callan
01-01-2009, 11:28 AM
I have a hangover.

Caley Tibbittz
01-01-2009, 11:29 AM
This is one of the best thread high-concepts I've ever seen.

Jonathan Callan
01-01-2009, 11:30 AM
It's possible. My head hurts and I couldn't make heads or tales of the rules.

AmirLehman
01-01-2009, 11:41 AM
Re: The Legacy of George W. Bush

like we needed to know the results on this forum

I will say that he wasn't a great president at all, but he wasn't the worst.

I believe in all accounts he tried to do the right thing and bad information, bad advisers got the best of him.

I believe some of what he has done won't be changed by the next President so it all can't be bad.

Time to come back home GW. The friendly state will welcome you back for your post president years.

I nominate this gem.

GrandeMaestro F√ľnke
01-01-2009, 11:42 AM
This seems like it could not go well...

AmirLehman
01-01-2009, 11:43 AM

We'll do our best.

leviathan
01-01-2009, 11:57 AM

We'll do our best.

I fully expect this to end in tears...

AmirLehman
01-01-2009, 12:14 PM
I fully expect this to end in tears...

http://cornerstork.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/crying_baby.jpg

SMACK!
01-01-2009, 12:21 PM
I nominate this gem.

CougarTrace. I don't think that he is crazy. Just deluded.

Matthew Brown
01-01-2009, 12:22 PM
How about...

I've always wondered...

Why does Wonder Woman fly an invisible plane... if everyone can see her flying it? What stealth purpose does an invisible plane serve you if I can see you sitting in the seat?

And yes, talking with you ALWAYS gets me hard.

SMACK!
01-01-2009, 12:33 PM
LOL

He's definately crazy!

Thommy Melanson
01-01-2009, 12:53 PM
Fuck you, my board.

Queen of the Ban Age
01-01-2009, 12:57 PM
Okay guys, this is exactly the kind of unprovoked meanness that Bendis was talking about recently.

I know that Tom didn't mean to start this thread in order to be mean, but it's already starting. Calling people out for their political views that don't happen to jive with yours is completely unnecessary.

If it's not put to rest, I'm going to have to close the thread. This isn't something that I want to do.

Mister Mets
01-01-2009, 01:22 PM
I nominate this gem.Seems sane, but with poor communication skills.

There have probably been worse presidents than Bush (Carter and arguably Nixon in the last 40 years alone.)

Obama is keeping Secretary of Defense Robert Gates and his staff.

etc.

SgtPepper
01-01-2009, 01:27 PM
Seems sane, but with poor communication skills.

There have probably been worse presidents than Bush (Carter and arguably Nixon in the last 40 years alone.)

Obama is keeping Secretary of Defense Robert Gates and his staff.

etc.

It might also be that Trace is one of those people who supports the president no matter if they disagree with them or not. Either that, or he's really optimistic.

PimpSlapStick!
01-01-2009, 01:31 PM
"I am a Mercedes guy (I have a CL and have been looking at the new S-class for my next car), but I have to admit BMW has some good service options when you buy one of their cars. Especially with the..."

TomBelandTSSTG
01-01-2009, 06:48 PM
Sorry... I've been helping Lily with a small migraine. Duty called.

Okay... for the FIRST argument... we shall, indeed go with MY quote about Wonder Woman's plane. I will need arguments both PRO and CON for me to decide if I AM in fact insane. I shall post judgement on my own insanity.

So, give me reasons why it makes me sane or insane. Starting.... now.

And no personal attacks, dillweeds, keep it professional and fun.

ZombieSpeedball
01-01-2009, 06:50 PM
Feed it. Sooner or later it will trust you enough to move into the house. And then wacky hijinks will ensue.

Here we are.