PDA

View Full Version : The Muppets Christmas Special got me all misty eyed

Lab-Rat
12-18-2008, 10:59 AM
And the guys here at work are now mocking me for it.

Was bored at work and saw it on Hulu....fun little special...god I love the Muppets.

Brian Defferding
12-18-2008, 11:01 AM
I missed it because it was art night at my LCS. It's on Hulu? I'll give it a look when I get home.

Lab-Rat
12-18-2008, 11:02 AM
Yeah...sadly I don't watch much TV...but the fact that it's on Hulu made me real happy.

So...usually I end up watching this stuff when I'm at work. :)

First I got mocked for watching the Muppets when co-workers noticed...then I got mocked for tearing up towards the end.

Brian Defferding
12-18-2008, 11:05 AM
Anyone who mocks you for watching the Muppets needs to die in a fire.

Lab-Rat
12-18-2008, 11:16 AM
I agree....and told them as much. :)

Rod Nunley
12-18-2008, 11:24 AM
The Muppets are awesome and those who don't like them clearly have no soul.

I'll be watching it tonight on the DVR.

Drkemerld73
12-18-2008, 11:27 AM
The Muppets rule!

The commercial for it, with Animal running around yelling "Santa!", made me laugh.

I recorded it, so hopefully I'll be able to watch it this weekend.

Travis M. Bierwagen
12-18-2008, 11:29 AM
I actually managed to catch this on tv last night. :)

The Muppets are good at getting me all misty eyes as well, mostly the original Muppet Movie, but the latest Christmas special got me too.

TheTravis!
12-18-2008, 11:32 AM

Agreed. I would stab all of those motherfuckers in the face.

Sy-Klone
12-18-2008, 12:16 PM
I haven't seen this special, but I still watch A Muppet Family Christmas every year, and it is one of the few Christmas specials from my childhood that can still get my Christmas spirit flowing.

Akira
12-18-2008, 12:16 PM

Agreed. And Hulu fucking rocks!

Albert
12-18-2008, 12:23 PM
Shit, I forgot to watch this. I'll watch it with my sister on Hulu over X-Mas but I'd have rather watched it in HD on my TV. At least I can still see it!

Marcdachamp
12-18-2008, 01:13 PM
I haven't seen this special, but I still watch A Muppet Family Christmas every year, and it is one of the few Christmas specials from my childhood that can still get my Christmas spirit flowing.

I just assumed that this thread was about that special. I didn't know there was a new one. That's a classic.

Ryan Elliott
12-18-2008, 01:41 PM
I still need to see this one. I've seen George C. Scott's thrice, and Patrick Stewart's once. Just need to see this one and Rudolph and I'm more or less good to go.

greg donovan
12-18-2008, 02:17 PM
The Muppets are awesome and those who don't like them clearly have no soul.

I'll be watching it tonight on the DVR.

i have it on the DVR too. probably watch it tomorrow with the kids.

Albert
12-18-2008, 02:20 PM
Muppet Christmas Carol is clearly the best.

It's the giving of a gift to another! A pair of mittens that were made by your mother! It's in all the ways that we show love it feels like Christmas!

There goes Mr. Humbug, there goes Mr. Grim! If they gave a prize of being mean, the winner would be him!

Lab-Rat
12-19-2008, 05:00 AM
man...I need to get a copy of A Muppet Christmas Carol...I use to love watching that one.

Rod Nunley
12-19-2008, 05:52 AM
This was not that great. I love the King Prawn and I will always love Sam Eagle ... but this wasn't so funny. But it was still great to see Muppets on TV.

Lab-Rat
12-19-2008, 06:07 AM
This was not that great. I love the King Prawn and I will always love Sam Eagle ... but this wasn't so funny. But it was still great to see Muppets on TV.

I'll admit it wasn't amazing...but for what it was..it wasn't bad...no where near awful. I got quite a few laughs out of it here and there, and the song that Gonzo and Fozzy sing about wishing they were Santa really got to me.

Happy Time Harry
12-19-2008, 07:38 AM
They really tried to inject some of that old muppet spirit into it, but did't quite make it. They haven't been able to recapture that magic they lost when Jim Henson died. Doesn't help that Frank Oz isn't involved anymore.

And Family Guy really hit it on the head with the Weird Sounding Muppets
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sHSygCg9mY

Leicester Dan
12-19-2008, 08:53 AM
I freakin' love the Muppets! All of their little fuzzy felt faces and detatchable noses...