PDA

View Full Version : Bendis Board Lawyers -- Your Thoughts About The Ending To Se7en? [SPOILERS]

Cth
12-18-2008, 08:25 AM
Saw this posted on another board..

(their question)
What do you think would have happened to Brad Pitt after the end of the film?

(funny responses)

He would have been paid for his work. Then he would have started entertaining new scripts or maybe take a vacation.

I think Morgan Freeman would have ended up narrating another story about a white guy in jail.

Nothing. Nobody saw a thing.

Except for the lead SWAT guy in the helicopter who went to medical school and now works as a doctor at Sacred heart.

He moved to New York City, founded The Army of the Twelve Monkeys, and lived happily ever after.

Seriously though, from a legal perspective, what do you think would have happened?

Non-Lawyers, feel free to post your own scenarios that don't involve court drama (rubber room; serial killer; suicide)

Marc Lombardi
12-18-2008, 08:27 AM
He got off on an insanity plea but lost his job as a cop. More likely he would have quit being a cop. He probably would have become a sort of shut in afterwards until Morgan Freeman's character would coax him back out to doing some private detective work.

Ryan F
12-18-2008, 08:31 AM
He got off on an insanity plea but lost his job as a cop. More likely he would have quit being a cop. He probably would have become a sort of shut in afterwards until Morgan Freeman's character would coax him back out to doing some private detective work.

Yeah, one way or another, I don't see him doing any hard time for it. I wouldn't rule out suicide.

Your scenario could make a kick ass sequel though.

SteveFlack
12-18-2008, 08:32 AM

I think you could pitch this as "Se7en: The Series" to Spike.

-Steve!

Gregory
12-18-2008, 08:37 AM
He is not charged. He moves back home. He becomes a recluse.

I don't see him staying in law enforcement. At least, not as a detective, because he's not a good one. Freeman walks him through the whole investigation.

Rosemary's Baby
12-18-2008, 08:38 AM
Interesting question.

Lab-Rat
12-18-2008, 08:39 AM

I can see it now.

Somerset: Mills...we've got to talk.
Mills: Leave me alone...I just want to be left alone.
Somerset: But you don't understand...I need you. The world needs you.
Mills: Why?
Somerset: There's a copycat killer on the loose. He's copying the John Doe case. The police...they don't know what to do.
Mills: I'm no longer a cop. I'm done. I just want to be left alone.
Somerset: You and I are the only ones who know the case inside and out! They've pulled me out of retirement...and I need you to help me....I can't do it without you...

They could call the movie: 8ight

Ryudo
12-18-2008, 08:40 AM
http://www.houseofchuckles.com/lf/jo-0009.jpg

Marc Lombardi
12-18-2008, 08:45 AM

-Steve!
Their first job would be to hunt down the man responsible for killing the Zenescope crew, an homage to the comics they did about John Doe's origins.

Buk Was Right
12-18-2008, 08:50 AM

-Steve!

With Sticky Fingaz in the Morgan Freeeman role?

I'm in.

SteveFlack
12-18-2008, 08:52 AM
With Sticky Fingaz in the Morgan Freeeman role?

I'm in.

I was thinking the guy who played Mac on Night Court.

Oh, and Donnie Wahlberg as Brad Pitt.

-Steve!

TIP
12-18-2008, 08:54 AM
Plumage Lad shepherd.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/tiptone/rooster.gif

Olivier E.
12-18-2008, 08:57 AM
http://www.tvguide.com/images/pgimg/life04.jpg

Matt Jay
12-18-2008, 08:57 AM
No jury would convict him and I'd like to think a DA wouldn't seriously pursue charges. Maybe they'd feel obligated to because of the publicity, but still, no conviction.

Gordon Chumway
12-18-2008, 09:03 AM
I doubt the case would get to court, he would get a deal and spend time in therapy, nothing helps and he travels back in time to become the Zodiac killer, killing couples in love.

Doug
12-18-2008, 09:05 AM
He looses his job as a police detective and goes to work as an airport screener. He asks everyone, "What's in the box?"

TheTravis!
12-18-2008, 09:07 AM
He looses his job as a police detective and goes to work as an airport screener. He asks everyone, "What's in the box?"

/thread

schizorabbit
12-18-2008, 09:09 AM

:rofl:

/thread

Agreed. The President has spoken.

Colby
12-18-2008, 09:13 AM
There's two things to consider- what's legally possible, and what's actually gonna happen.

Legally, all the elements for a homicide charge are there- but so are the elements of a temporary insanity plea.

Realistically, it would never even GET to trial. The only witnesses were cops- and the Thin Blue Line isn't gonna be broken in THIS situation.

There are some intriguing trial strategy problems in this situation, though.

jubalsearlygrave
12-18-2008, 09:14 AM
He sends the box back in time to taunt a writers block ridden theatre darling called Barton Fink.