PDA

View Full Version : Dark Side of Oz questions

The Count
12-17-2008, 07:34 PM
Has anyone ever found a cheap, legitimate source for a 5.1 mix of the Dark Side of Oz. I wanted to get a copy on dvd pre-mixed together and don't know where to find a trusted source. Amazon shows some for $30-40 which is a little pricey, so I figured someone here might know. I've never seen this put together but was always fascinated by the idea.

Also, are there any other movies that this kind of mash up works with?

Hurnslice
12-17-2008, 07:59 PM
I've done it. My stereo/tv/cd player is all centrally hooked up. It wasn't premixed or anything.

The first time I didn't synch it perfectly. The second time was pure gold. I couldn't believe it. It's very cool.

Hit this link - it tells ya all you need to know!

http://members.cox.net/stegokitty/dsotr_pages/dsotr.htm

Darthdaw37
12-17-2008, 08:08 PM
I've always wanted to do this

Hurnslice
12-17-2008, 08:12 PM
I've always wanted to do this

Whatever time and effort I put into it, was totally worth it.

Buk Was Right
12-17-2008, 08:17 PM
Buying it premixed is no fun.

Getting it to sync up properly is half the battle.

Patrick King
12-17-2008, 08:39 PM
They're doing this at the Alamo Drafthouse and do it fairly regularly. I haven't seen it myself but I've heard it's pretty damn awesome.

Dreaded Anomaly
12-17-2008, 08:49 PM
If I were to do this, I would get an AVI of The Wizard of Oz, an MP3 of Dark Side of the Moon, rip the audio track from the Oz AVI, merge the two in Goldwave, and then put it back into the AVI with Virtualdub. :nerd:

nihilance
12-18-2008, 04:35 AM
If you liked this, try listening to Echoes from Meddle while watching the last part of 2001 (Jupiter and Beyond the Infinite). The story goes that Pink Floyd was originally supposed to score 2001, but Kubrick decided to go with classical music instead. The last track from Meddle syncs perfectly with the trippy last 20 minutes or so of the film in my opinion. Much better than DSotM and WoO.

Gavin
12-18-2008, 05:29 AM
If you liked this, try listening to Echoes from Meddle while watching the last part of 2001 (Jupiter and Beyond the Infinite). The story goes that Pink Floyd was originally supposed to score 2001, but Kubrick decided to go with classical music instead. The last track from Meddle syncs perfectly with the trippy last 20 minutes or so of the film in my opinion. Much better than DSotM and WoO.

I watched that recently on Youtube, and it really does match up quite well.

Dreg
12-18-2008, 10:20 AM
Has anyone ever found a cheap, legitimate source for a 5.1 mix of the Dark Side of Oz. I wanted to get a copy on dvd pre-mixed together and don't know where to find a trusted source. Amazon shows some for $30-40 which is a little pricey, so I figured someone here might know. I've never seen this put together but was always fascinated by the idea.

Also, are there any other movies that this kind of mash up works with?

Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here and the original cut of Star Wars. You have to start it at a specific point that I cant remember, though.

RebootedCorpse
12-18-2008, 10:51 AM
It requires a heathy baking first.

Dan-C
12-18-2008, 10:53 AM
Is there a legitimate version of this?

tstrapac
12-18-2008, 10:54 AM

I highly doubt it.

Corey A.
12-18-2008, 12:12 PM
3rd lion's roar. Works like a charm

The Count
12-18-2008, 12:23 PM
Not a legitmate version, but there are some pre-synched dvd's that exist for this. I was hoping to get one, but I don't want to get screwed by some random interwebz site.

Also, I love the other suggestions and will try them as soon as I can. I really want to do the 2001 synch, preferably intoxicated to enhance the mood :twisted:

Thanks to all, I love this place!

CWebb
12-18-2008, 01:10 PM
I'll have to try this over Christmas when I have to watch Wizard of Oz with my cousins for the 10th time. :frustrat: Thanks for the idea Bendis Board!

nihilance
12-19-2008, 04:14 AM
Not a legitmate version, but there are some pre-synched dvd's that exist for this. I was hoping to get one, but I don't want to get screwed by some random interwebz site.

Also, I love the other suggestions and will try them as soon as I can. I really want to do the 2001 synch, preferably intoxicated to enhance the mood :twisted:

Thanks to all, I love this place!

Please post back here after doing the 2001/Echoes synch.