PDA

View Full Version : Best Western Shoot Outs on film?

Rafiennes
12-17-2008, 08:14 AM
Discuss.

Rosemary's Baby
12-17-2008, 08:15 AM
Mexican standoff in The Good, Bad and the Ugly. It's short, but it works.

JoeE
12-17-2008, 08:16 AM
The Wild Bunch!

Tuco
12-17-2008, 08:17 AM
my personal favorite is the final shootout in 'for a few dollars more' with the pocketwatch melody.
-RAZ

cPol
12-17-2008, 08:17 AM
I thought this thread was going to be about gunfights at a specific hotel chain being included in an upcoming movie. It made me question what about those hotels made gunfights happen so frequently that A) there would be several caught on tape somewhere and B) that they would be famous enough to include in a movie.

s.oliver
12-17-2008, 08:18 AM
Harmonica versus Frank. The eyes, the eyes!

Cactusakic
12-17-2008, 08:19 AM
The Wild Bunch is the first one that comes to mind.

Also, the gunfight at the O.K. Corral in Tombstone, though it's been at least 5 years since I last watched it, so my memory of it isn't that fresh.

I also always had a soft spot for the siege of Terry O'Quinn's house at the end of the first Young Guns.

NeverWanderer
12-17-2008, 08:20 AM
my personal favorite is the final shootout in 'for a few dollars more' with the pocketwatch melody.
-RAZ

YES.

Also, William Muney (?) gets his revenge in Unforgiven.

Ultimate Lurker
12-17-2008, 08:20 AM
-RAZ

Me too.

jubalsearlygrave
12-17-2008, 08:21 AM
The opening of Once Upon a time in the West.
Except maybe that's not so much the actual shootout but the waiting for it.

Wigner's Friend
The Wild Bunch!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v634/marvinthemartian10/FUTURAMA/scruffy.gif

Second

Rod Nunley
I've always been partial to Boss and Charley Vs. Baxter's Boys in Open Range.

Rosemary's Baby
12-17-2008, 08:23 AM
The fight at the OK Corral in Tombstone is pretty good, actually. The movie itself, eh.

cPol
12-17-2008, 08:25 AM
The barfight in Desperado.

jubalsearlygrave
12-17-2008, 08:27 AM
High Plains Drifter and Pat Garret and Billy the Kid have some pretty good ones if i recall correctly.

RebootedCorpse
12-17-2008, 08:38 AM
I prefer the Radisson.

Adam Beranek
12-17-2008, 08:38 AM
End of Unforgiven

End of Young Guns

End of Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Cool short gunfight in Appaloosa

Buk Was Right
12-17-2008, 08:39 AM
I can't believe no one has mentioned any of the stellar gunfights from The Quick And The Dead.

Talk about CLASSIC!

edwardmblake
12-17-2008, 09:00 AM
The fight at the OK Corral in Tombstone is pretty good, actually. The movie itself, eh.

Val Kilmer called, he's no longer your huckleberry.

Rafiennes
12-17-2008, 09:01 AM
Next thread: Motel Six Muggings On Tape

greg donovan
12-17-2008, 02:16 PM
-Get three coffins ready.

greg donovan
12-17-2008, 02:16 PM
-My mistake, make it four.

Kingsumo
12-17-2008, 02:32 PM
End of Young Guns I or II, end of Tombstone.

Next thread: Motel Six Muggings On Tape

I am so glad I am not the only one that read it like that.

cory w
12-17-2008, 03:42 PM

This

schizorabbit
12-17-2008, 03:47 PM
There was that scene in The Long Riders done by Walter Hill when the guys (I remember Kill Bill and his brothers and the Keaches and the Quaids) were ambushed in a town, and they were being shot up left and right by the townies, somebody falling off his horse, bullets being shot from every angle, and they ended up doing shit like riding their horses through the store windows and out the other side. Haven't seen it in ages, but I remember that was a suspenseful scene.

EDIT:
Found this on youtube. Unfortunately, I can't watch it at the moment.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCk4OhG62VA

Wigner's Friend
12-17-2008, 03:55 PM

I like it. The NO! scene is kind of stupid, but it works well when you think of it as a love letter to guys like John Ford and Howard Hawks.

Dan-C
12-17-2008, 04:09 PM

yeah, that's a great shootout scene.

Patch
12-17-2008, 04:18 PM

That was a dandy gunfight.

Adam Beranek
12-17-2008, 04:26 PM
That was a dandy gunfight.

I love the exchange after it.

Viggo - That was quick.
Ed Harris - Yeah, everybody could shoot.

Kefky
12-17-2008, 04:27 PM
McAbe and Mrs. Miller.

Captain Bloodclot
12-17-2008, 05:41 PM
Also, the gunfight at the O.K. Corral in Tombstone, though it's been at least 5 years since I last watched it, so my memory of it isn't that fresh.

It's not that fresh for me either, but I want to say that it's one of the better shootouts I've seen in a western, notwithstanding the questionable quality of the movie in its entirety. I remember that Cozmatos built intensity by showing the Earpp boys' hesitation, which is a far cry better than anything he accomplished in Rambo: First Blood Part II.

To do a top 10 list:

1. The Trio (Finale) - The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly: the score and the cinematography make this scene. When that trumpet starts blaring, and Leone pulls back on the wide shot that makes the center of the graveyard look like a Greek amphitheater, it's bliss.

2. Finale - The Wild Bunch: a giggle from Borgnine, a smile from Holden, and all fucking hell breaks loose. It's a miracle of a scene.

3. Aftermath of the Bank Robbery - The Wild Bunch: This scene speaks for itself (and this won't be Peckinpah's last entry on the list either). The slow motion enhances the senseless loss of it all.

4. Jimmy Stewart and Lee Marvin - The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance: a great scene because something is hidden from us that turns out to be integral to the plot (and message) of the film in the final analysis.

5. Billy's Jailbreak - Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid: "I've got my barrel full of 20 thin dimes...enough to spread you out like a crazy woman's quilt." "Keep the change, Bob."

6. Gunfight at the OK Corral - Tombstone: great for the reasons I give above.

7. Eastwood v. Volante - Fistful of Dollars: as Biff said in Back to the Future II: "Bullet-proof vest!! Great flick!!! Great flick!!!" (and this paid off in Back to the Future III...which will not make this list).

8. "Any man who doesn't want to get killed...better clear on out the back." - Unforgiven: "I'll see you in hell William Munny." "Yup."

9. John Wayne and Walter Brennan v. Native Americans (I forget which tribe) - Red River: this is the scene that happens just after Wayne and Brennan leave the wagon train. Great action choreography for its time, and it's punctuated by a chilling moment when Wayne recognizes a familiar piece of jewelry adorning a dead native American's wrist.

10. I'm uncommitted, so I think I'll go with the finale of high noon. This was a hard list to make.

SMACK!
12-17-2008, 05:49 PM
Open Range

PimpSlapStick!
12-17-2008, 06:39 PM
Pale Rider hands down with the Good, bad and the Ugly a close second.

Supreme Convoy
12-17-2008, 07:39 PM
The final shootout in The Magnificent Seven is great!

As for the Mexican standoff in the Leone movies, that man knew how to create suspense when only 1 bullet is about to be shot!

PimpSlapStick!
12-17-2008, 07:42 PM
The final shootout in The Magnificent Seven is great!

As for the Mexican standoff in the Leone movies, that man knew how to create suspense when only 1 bullet is about to be shot!

Agree like a mutha fucka

TomBelandTSSTG
12-17-2008, 07:57 PM
Okay... ummmm... I just saw this thread and thought (really) that you had video of a series of robberies at Best Western hotels. And I was going to say, "FUCK.. WHAT THE FUCK, BEST WESTERN???" and just have a mental meltdown.

And then the next day, I'd tell Lily "You know what ELSE sucks? Best Western. Yeah.... there've been a HUGE amount of robberies taking place and I guess they're not doing shit about it."

And then a tiny bulb in my head would turn on with a gentle tap of a triangle and I'd realize what you really meant.

And then laugh at how stupid I can be.

And then I'd snort a bit while laughing.

Silverado.

JEK
12-17-2008, 08:02 PM
i know that NO ONE will agree with me, but i just have a soft spot for the end of High Noon

Boris the Blade
12-17-2008, 08:21 PM
I probably missed it, but no love for Once Upon A Time In The West?

c. page
12-17-2008, 09:26 PM
i have a soft spot for the end of true grit.

but the first one that sprang to mind was the shootout at the end of unforgiven.

Leicester Dan
12-18-2008, 09:17 AM
I can't believe no one has mentioned any of the stellar gunfights from The Quick And The Dead.

Talk about CLASSIC!

This was the first movie that I thought of when I read the thread title.

Leo DiCaprio vs Gene Hackman in the father vs son duel and where the town explodes and Sharon Stone comes running through the smoke guns blazing.

Freakin' awesome!!!

RegularJoe
12-18-2008, 09:26 AM
i had issues with the tombstone one 'cause it looks like kilmer shoots a two-shot shotgun three times. i reconciled that be saying it was a camera thing that showed one shot from two angles.

LordKinbote
12-18-2008, 10:00 AM
Considering the number of times the gunfight at the OK Corral has been depicted on film, you could probably just splice all the scenes together and make one feature length movie called "O.K., Enough Already!"

gomi
12-18-2008, 03:17 PM
The North Hollywood Shootout.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Hollywood_shootout

schizorabbit
12-18-2008, 03:47 PM
The North Hollywood Shootout.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Hollywood_shootout

I remember that. I remember thinking at the time, "This is fucking straight out of Heat." Rolling Stone had a cool article about 'em.

Doc Randy
12-18-2008, 04:09 PM
Quigly Down Under. An no... I'm not joking. I love this film.

Tuco
12-19-2008, 09:31 AM
Quigly Down Under. An no... I'm not joking. I love this film.

"I said I never had much use for one. Never said I didn't know how to use it."
- Quigley

great line and a great scene, good call!

AceOfSpades
12-19-2008, 09:40 AM
Every single one from Fistful of Dollars
I know its obvious but hell I love that film

BClayMoore
12-19-2008, 09:57 AM
I'm not gonna recommend the movie (I haven't even seen the whole thing), and your mileage may vary, but there's a crazy over-the-top slo-mo train shootout in Bandidas that I get a kick out of.

The complete sequence of the family getting shot up, ending with Henry Fonda shooting the kid in Once Upon a Time in the West is one of my favorite Western moments ever. Morricone's soundtrack sends it through the roof.

-BCM

schizorabbit
12-19-2008, 10:25 AM
I'm not gonna recommend the movie (I haven't even seen the whole thing), and your mileage may vary, but there's a crazy over-the-top slo-mo train shootout in Bandidas that I get a kick out of.

The complete sequence of the family getting shot up, ending with Henry Fonda shooting the kid in Once Upon a Time in the West is one of my favorite Western moments ever. Morricone's soundtrack sends it through the roof.

-BCM

You rented it for the boobies, didn't you? DIDN'T YOU???!!!???

TomBelandTSSTG
12-19-2008, 10:26 AM
Nobody is going to comment on my comment..? really..?

schizorabbit
12-19-2008, 10:28 AM
Nobody is going to comment on my comment..? really..?

We all got ADHD.

TomBelandTSSTG
12-19-2008, 10:35 AM
We all got ADHD.

You can read it in high-def?

schizorabbit
12-19-2008, 10:43 AM
You can read it in high-def?

You just gave me an idea. A television that shows stuff in 1080p high-definition but randomly changes channels every 5 seconds.

PeterSparker
12-19-2008, 10:48 AM
Pat Garrett & Billy the Kid (an incredibly underrated western btw, great cast, and it's the movie Dylan wrote 'Knockin' on Heaven's Door' for, specifically a scene where Slim Pickens dies, 'nuff said) - But nobody does violence like Sam Peckinpah, and it's not so much an extended gun fight sequence as much as it is the scene with the 16 dimes coming out slo-mo from Kristofferson's double barrell shot-gun. Badass!

Mark Mavro (kryptic6)
12-19-2008, 12:19 PM
A tie between The Good the Bad and the Ugly and Once Upon a Time in the West. My all-time favorite modern shootout is the ending to The Way of the Gun. Fantastic modern-western.

Mark Mavro (kryptic6)
12-19-2008, 12:25 PM
I probably missed it, but no love for Once Upon A Time In The West?

No doubt. None. It's up there. So beautifully crafted, beautifully paced, beautifully scored, edited, etc...

And Henry Fonda. It's subtle, but I love when he's walking and staring into Charles Bronson's eyes, he doesn't take his eyes off him except for a split second when he glances up and away and then back again, as if something in the sky caught his attention but we don't see what that thing is, we just stay with his blue eyes.

Fucking amazing.

Rosemary's Baby
12-19-2008, 12:37 PM
That movie is so terrible. I can't even begin to describe how much I hated it. The Way of the Gun, I mean.

Mark Mavro (kryptic6)
12-19-2008, 12:42 PM
I can't even begin to describe how much I love it. ;) Really well made.

Rosemary's Baby
12-19-2008, 12:46 PM
I can't even begin to describe how much I love it. ;) Really well made.

What about it is well made?

Really, I'm curious, because the only redeeming thing I can think of is the scene where they learn about the her being pregnant. Other than that it's all bad acting, bad dialogue, bad characters, and bad accents.

Doc Randy
12-19-2008, 01:00 PM

Really, I'm curious, because the only redeeming thing I can think of is the scene where they learn about the her being pregnant. Other than that it's all bad acting, bad dialogue, bad characters, and bad accents.

I like the film. Is it perfect? Nope. But it is a fun flick.

What's to like? The opening sequence with Sarah Silverman. The fact that they are basically Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. The homage to the Wild Bunch at the end. The fact that they actually look like they know how to use weapons. James Caan. The immense size of the cash.

My only real complaint about the film is how looooong the second act is, but if you listen to the commentary, the director complains about this too.

Oh yeah... and it is one of the greatest shootouts ever.

Rosemary's Baby
12-19-2008, 01:09 PM
I like the film. Is it perfect? Nope. But it is a fun flick.

What's to like? The opening sequence with Sarah Silverman. The fact that they are basically Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. The homage to the Wild Bunch at the end. The fact that they actually look like they know how to use weapons. James Caan. The immense size of the cash.

My only real complaint about the film is how looooong the second act is, but if you listen to the commentary, the director complains about this too.

Oh yeah... and it is one of the greatest shootouts ever.

I couldn't handle the horrible dialogue and Ryan Phillipe's accent. The dialogue was some of the most contrived bullshit I've heard in a film. Two examples are that story Phillipe tells about the guy (a child molester, I believe) he killed and the prayer he has to say before he goes to sleep at night and the last line of the film. The writer clearly wanted to make it sound slick and noirish, but failed. You know, like when Tyrese Gibson says "box" instead of elevator. Felt very forced.

I will say the opening sequence and the final shootout are all right, but by no means make up for the rest of the film. And by the end, I was just waiting for it to be over.

schizorabbit
12-19-2008, 01:12 PM
The debate you guys are having over The Way of the Gun makes me wanna see it. Sorta kinda.

Doc Randy
12-19-2008, 01:14 PM
I couldn't handle the horrible dialogue and Ryan Phillipe's accent. The dialogue was some of the most contrived bullshit I've heard in a film. Two examples are that story Phillipe tells about the guy (a child molester, I believe) he killed and the prayer he has to say before he goes to sleep at night and the last line of the film. The writer clearly wanted to make it sound slick and noirish, but failed. You know, like when Tyrese Gibson says "box" instead of elevator. Felt very forced.

I will say the opening sequence and the final shootout are all right, but by no means make up for the rest of the film. And by the end, I was just waiting for it to be over.

In a thread about westerns, I find it funny you are singling this film out for contrived or forced dialog... especially considering many of the other films mentioned.

Rosemary's Baby
12-19-2008, 01:17 PM
In a thread about westerns, I find it funny you are singling this film out for contrived or forced dialog.

There's forced/contrived dialogue and then there's "What are you gonna say to God?"

Also, there's no good villain. The main bad guy isn't intimidating in the least. Nothing like (the notion) of La Fours in Butch Cassidy or Angel Eyes or even Powers Booth in Tombstone.

And I just have a particular vendetta against this movie. I was recommended it for years and once I saw it, well... I couldn't believe what I just watched.

Doc Randy
12-19-2008, 01:23 PM
There's forced dialogue and then there's "What are you gonna say to God?"

No better or worse than the dialog in these other named films.

Also, there's no good villain. The main bad guy isn't intimidating in the least. Nothing like (the notion) of La Fours in Butch Cassidey or Angel Eyes or even Powers Booth in Tombstone.

Awww... did you need a strong villain to enjoy the film? Maybe a menacing guy who kicks puppies? Did you totally miss the fact that the main characters are villains? And that their biggest antagonist was not some Snidley Whiplash character thrown into the mix to satisfy the formulaic desire for an evil-doer, but their criminal lifestyle?

If anything James Caan was the good guy. He was the honorable gunfighter that was a dying breed.

And I just have a particular vendetta against this movie. I was recommended it for years and once I saw it, well... I couldn't believe what I just watched.

That is more of a statement about you than the film.

Doc Randy
12-19-2008, 01:26 PM
To show how contrarian I can be... I hated Once Upon a Time in the West. Pretty to look at, but one lazily plotted film with some massive comical leaps in logic.

Ashwin Pande
12-19-2008, 01:32 PM
I fell asleep during The Way Of the Gun. The middle dragged on for way too long until I lost interest and fell asleep.

Rosemary's Baby
12-19-2008, 01:32 PM
Awww... did you need a strong villain to enjoy the film? Maybe a menacing guy who kicks puppies? Did you totally miss the fact that the main characters are villains? And that their biggest antagonist was not some Snidley Whiplash character thrown into the mix to satisfy the formulaic desire for an evil-doer, but their criminal lifestyle?

I understand that they were villains, but that doesn't change the fact that who they were up against were bad characters. Hell, they were bad characters. That's part of what I need to enjoy a film, good characters. They weren't interesting at all and when the writer tried to add some dimension to them, such as the child molester incident, most times it didn't work. I will say that I liked the conversation between Caan and Del Toro at the bar, though. That was pretty good.

That is more of a statement about you than the film.

That doesn't change the fact that it's a bad movie. It may have been hyped up over the years for me, and that probably did add to my level of disappointment, but it's still bad. So much of the movie are poor attempts at making them cool, like when they go to donate sperm.

Doc Randy
12-19-2008, 01:34 PM
That doesn't change the fact that it's a bad movie.

How cute... you think your subjective opinion is a fact. :twisted:

Rosemary's Baby
12-19-2008, 01:37 PM
How cute... you think your subjective opinion is a fact. :twisted:

"What are you gonna say to God" after I beat your face in?!?

Anyway, the writer/director of The Way of the Gun has a movie called "The Mayor of Castro Street" on his imdb page for 2009. What the hell?

schizorabbit
12-19-2008, 01:38 PM
"What are you gonna say to God" after I beat your face in?!?

Anyway, the writer/director of The Way of the Gun has a movie called "The Mayor of Castro Street" on his imdb page for 2009. What the hell?

You think it's still gonna get made? I remember there were dueling productions (the other being duh).

Your Pal, Carl
12-19-2008, 01:41 PM
The follow up exchange between Viggo and Ed Harris made it even cooler.

Everett Hitch: That was quick.
Virgil Cole: Yeah, everybody could shoot.

Rosemary's Baby
12-19-2008, 01:42 PM
You think it's still gonna get made? I remember there were dueling productions (the other being duh).

I doubt it, right. It's not on Singer's page so apparently not. It would make no money at all. Singer doesn't have the nuance for something like that. I was pretty please that Van Sant got the job, even though I'm by no means his biggest fan. He put out a great flick.

Oh westerns, has anybody said the end of Bonnie and Clyde? Once again, brief but still amazing.

Mark Mavro (kryptic6)
12-19-2008, 05:03 PM
That movie is so terrible. I can't even begin to describe how much I hated it.

Liar.

Anyway, you and I just have completely differing viewpoints on what we consider to be good and bad. I loved the characters. Love that there's no backstory, all of their mannerisms and choices felt completely authentic to me (what accents by the way? only person with an accent in the whole film is Phillipe and his is fine). Not to mention one of the best opening scenes (Phillipe punching Sarah Silverman repeatedly in the face while her boyfriend watches with mouth agape is pretty amazing) as well as one of the greatest gunfights at the end: they get shot repeatedly, they're not untouchable, they're extremely fallible characters, and their names are Parker and Longbaugh and the finale was shot at the same location as Butch and Sundance (see the connection?). This movie is just amazing on many layers. Even the location names, the town of "Salsipuedes" (meaning "get out while you can") and the "Nueva Madre" motel (I'll let you put that together).

The movie wasn't by the numbers and it wasn't just action every two minutes for people without an attention span. There were slow moments and some confusing plot developments. I love that. Oh, and let's not forget the amazing car chase scene that was the opposite of the big and grand San Francisco chase scenes that we see in movies like Bullit and in the Dirty Harry films (instead we have a chase scene where the two cars follow eachother at about 5 miles per hour and it's realistic as hell, in fact taken from a real life scenario). Great cinematography, and great score. And here's one last little technical detail that most films don't get right: the scene where they're on the hill firing down on the motel with their sniper rifles, you see the bullets impact first AND THEN you hear the thunder of the gunshot in the background becuase in reality sound doesn't travel as fast as bullets. How many films can you name that would bother to get that detail right?

Didn't expect I was going to have to defend this whole film considering this is a thread about "best western shootouts" but there it is.

Taxman
12-19-2008, 05:04 PM
I've always been partial to Boss and Charley Vs. Baxter's Boys in Open Range.I am not a big western guy, but I have seen quite a few of the "best" ones. This is the film I would go with.

Mark Mavro (kryptic6)
12-19-2008, 10:42 PM

-BCM

Fonda made for my all-time favorite western villain. Great example of casting against type.

NeverWanderer
12-19-2008, 10:48 PM
Liar.

Anyway, you and I just have completely differing viewpoints on what we consider to be good and bad. I loved the characters. Love that there's no backstory, all of their mannerisms and choices felt completely authentic to me (what accents by the way? only person with an accent in the whole film is Phillipe and his is fine). Not to mention one of the best opening scenes (Phillipe punching Sarah Silverman repeatedly in the face while her boyfriend watches with mouth agape is pretty amazing) as well as one of the greatest gunfights at the end: they get shot repeatedly, they're not untouchable, they're extremely fallible characters, and their names are Parker and Longbaugh and the finale was shot at the same location as Butch and Sundance (see the connection?). This movie is just amazing on many layers. Even the location names, the town of "Salsipuedes" (meaning "get out while you can") and the "Nueva Madre" motel (I'll let you put that together).

The movie wasn't by the numbers and it wasn't just action every two minutes for people without an attention span. There were slow moments and some confusing plot developments. I love that. Oh, and let's not forget the amazing car chase scene that was the opposite of the big and grand San Francisco chase scenes that we see in movies like Bullit and in the Dirty Harry films (instead we have a chase scene where the two cars follow eachother at about 5 miles per hour and it's realistic as hell, in fact taken from a real life scenario). Great cinematography, and great score. And here's one last little technical detail that most films don't get right: the scene where they're on the hill firing down on the motel with their sniper rifles, you see the bullets impact first AND THEN you hear the thunder of the gunshot in the background becuase in reality sound doesn't travel as fast as bullets. How many films can you name that would bother to get that detail right?

Didn't expect I was going to have to defend this whole film considering this is a thread about "best western shootouts" but there it is.

Oh wow... I'm sorry I missed my opportunity to jump to this film's defense, but you seem to have not only covered all the bases I would have, but then cracked my brain open and shined the light of day on a bunch of details (the location names) that I never even realized. Well done. :)

Yeah. The Way of the Gun is an amazing flick and deserving of every compliment thrown its way.

Mr. E!
12-20-2008, 04:32 AM
It's not that fresh for me either, but I want to say that it's one of the better shootouts I've seen in a western, notwithstanding the questionable quality of the movie in its entirety. I remember that Cozmatos built intensity by showing the Earpp boys' hesitation, which is a far cry better than anything he accomplished in Rambo: First Blood Part II.

Cosmatos really didn't direct Tombstone. It started off with Kevin Jarre, who got shitcanned, and the producers then hired Cosmatos as a "ghost director". It was Kurt Russell who directed the bulk of the film, even after Cosmatos was hired. Russel talks about it in a interview a few years back in True West magazine.
http://site.truewestmagazine.com/archives/westerns/2006/western-russell_godfather_10_06.htm

jubalsearlygrave
12-20-2008, 04:47 AM
Yeah. The Way of the Gun is an amazing flick and deserving of every compliment thrown its way.

yeah i love that film so much. the end shootout it astonishingly well filmed. love all the little details.
and for a film so bleak minded it's really really funny.

Pat Shatner
12-20-2008, 04:57 AM
I thought this thread was going to be about gunfights at a specific hotel chain being included in an upcoming movie. It made me question what about those hotels made gunfights happen so frequently that A) there would be several caught on tape somewhere and B) that they would be famous enough to include in a movie.

Me too. Should I admit that I'm disappointed?
Aw, whoops.

Mark Mavro (kryptic6)
12-20-2008, 02:56 PM
yeah i love that film so much. the end shootout it astonishingly well filmed. love all the little details.
and for a film so bleak minded it's really really funny.

I love when the prostitutes all run out of the motel and Del Toro slaps one of them on the ass as she makes her way out.

sonnylarue
12-20-2008, 03:34 PM
high noon-gary cooper against frank miller and his gang
the cowboys-when the boys take revenge on bruce dern
the cheyene social club -jimmy stewart vs "cory bannister", with an assist from henry fonda and a pecan
the shootist-the final scene john wayne vs a room full of guys, with an assist from ron howard