PDA

View Full Version : "12 days of Christmas" a capella

Ryudo
12-16-2008, 11:49 AM
By a group called Straight No Chaser; pretty awesome. Must've taken a bunch of time to rehearse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Fe11OlMiz8

Papa Ginge
12-16-2008, 11:56 AM
Is it there some kind of rule that all acapella groups must have some sort of double meaning as the name of the group?

LordKinbote
12-16-2008, 12:00 PM
Is it there some kind of rule that all acapella groups must have some sort of double meaning as the name of the group?

More often than not, but that goes for most band names as well. My group was (is? still exists, but I'm out of college) called Premium Brew.

Other groups from the school include The Night Owls, the Accidentals, the Devils, and Measure for Measure.

Buk Was Right
12-16-2008, 12:02 PM
More often than not, but that goes for most band names as well. My group was (is? still exists, but I'm out of college) called Premium Brew.

Other groups from the school include The Night Owls, the Accidentals, the Devils, and Measure for Measure.

I only listen to Chock Full Of Notes.

LordKinbote
12-16-2008, 12:10 PM
I only listen to Chock Full Of Notes.

Please, everyone knows The Bobs are where it's at.

Papa Ginge
12-16-2008, 12:24 PM

I guess I really meant a musical double meaning. Measure for Measure I get, I'm missing something on the others though.

ie The B Sharps and Here Comes Treble

LordKinbote
12-16-2008, 12:59 PM
I guess I really meant a musical double meaning. Measure for Measure I get, I'm missing something on the others though.

ie The B Sharps and Here Comes Treble

I didn't say they all did. I was just showing that, while often they did, not ALL of them do. Actually, I'm not sure how "Straight No Chaser" does.

Oh, and it has to be said, Toto's "Africa" is one of the most overdone a cappella songs ever. I think I've heard seven or eight different groups do it.