PDA

View Full Version : DC Comics' March 2009 Solicitations

ZombieSpeedball
12-15-2008, 12:47 PM
http://www.newsarama.com/comics/081215-dc-mar-2009-solicitations.html
Okay... I'm really, really standing strong with my Tim Drake is Nightwing idea. I mean... look at him. And sweet God... I might finally start liking Teen Titans again.

Ray G.
12-15-2008, 12:54 PM
I'd be floored if it was him.

That would be the most random thing ever.

Deej
I haven't read the latest Superman books but...since when does Tim have Tactile Telekinesis?

ZombieSpeedball
I'd be floored if it was him.

That would be the most random thing ever.

I detect... sarcasm? I have no idea.

ZombieSpeedball
12-15-2008, 12:55 PM
I haven't read the latest Superman books but...since when does Tim have Tactile Telekinesis?

It's my assumption that he's faking it.

ZombieSpeedball
12-15-2008, 12:56 PM
Besides, check out the lineup for Teen Titans. Doesn't look like there's a "Robin" there, does it?

Ray G.
12-15-2008, 12:56 PM
It's my assumption that he's faking it.

And the flying...and the being Kryptonian...and why the hell is he doing all this in the middle of RIP/Battle for the Cowl?

It's Conner. Johns isn't into cruel fakeouts for characters he never wanted to kill in the first place.

Ray G.
12-15-2008, 12:57 PM
Besides, check out the lineup for Teen Titans. Doesn't look like there's a "Robin" there, does it?

Doesn't look like there's a Nightwing, either.

Tim's likely leaving to deal with Gotham. He'll probably become Red Robin and get a title relaunched in a few months. It really doesn't make sense that he'd switch from the Bat-books to the Superbooks.

Deej
12-15-2008, 12:57 PM
And the flying...and the being Kryptonian...and why the hell is he doing all this in the middle of RIP/Battle for the Cowl?

It's Conner. Johns isn't into cruel fakeouts for characters he never wanted to kill in the first place.

I agree. Although there's really no telling when this takes place in regards to RIP/Battle for the Cowl, do we?

NickT
12-15-2008, 01:00 PM
Why has Huntress gone back to that costume?

GREEN ARROW/BLACK CANARY #18 MAYBE
SECRET SIX #7
TERROR TITANS #6
TEEN TITANS #69
WONDER WOMAN #30

Kman00001
12-15-2008, 01:02 PM
Azrael! With a horrible new costume/color scheme!

Ultimate Lurker
12-15-2008, 01:02 PM

Yeah, pretty sure Drake can't levitate at will.

Those GL/GLC covers are hawt.

And Fringe #3? I think the comics might be around longer than the show itself.

ZombieSpeedball
12-15-2008, 01:08 PM
Doesn't look like there's a Nightwing, either.

Tim's likely leaving to deal with Gotham. He'll probably become Red Robin and get a title relaunched in a few months. It really doesn't make sense that he'd switch from the Bat-books to the Superbooks.

That's what I meant. So why does Conner have a thin frame, hair like Tim's, a cape like Robin's, and a symbol very Batman-like?

ZombieSpeedball
12-15-2008, 01:08 PM
Legion flight ring.

Ray G.
12-15-2008, 01:11 PM
That's what I meant. So why does Conner have a thin frame, hair like Tim's, a cape like Robin's, and a symbol very Batman-like?

The body's actually very close to the frame Conner had in every single appearance besides Teen Titans. Same for the hair.

The costume is the traditional Kryptonian Nightwing costume. He didn't create it.

I'll agree your theory has some evidence in its favor, but it just doesn't pass the smell test for me. While the little things are right, the big things are all wrong. Namely - why is Tim Drake involved in New Krypton?

RegularJoe
12-15-2008, 01:12 PM
i am going to struggle to remain resolute in my not buying all the batman stuff until i start hearing reports on quality.

Spidey616
12-15-2008, 01:12 PM

Wow. Never though I'd hear about him again. When's the last time we've seen Azrael?

Doug
12-15-2008, 01:13 PM
From what was solicited, I'll be getting Battle for the Cowl only. The one-shots and side minis don't interest me.

ZombieSpeedball
12-15-2008, 01:17 PM
The body's actually very close to the frame Conner had in every single appearance besides Teen Titans. Same for the hair.

The costume is the traditional Kryptonian Nightwing costume. He didn't create it.

I'll agree your theory has some evidence in its favor, but it just doesn't pass the smell test for me. While the little things are right, the big things are all wrong. Namely - why is Tim Drake involved in New Krypton?

This costume?

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e11/rosey462/nightwing.jpg

The hair on this new Nightwing looks much more like Tim's, I'd say. And couldn't it be reasoned that Tim would want to get away a little bit after the loss of his adoptive father? I mean, he has lost a lot, I'd imagine he'd need a break. Who better to go to than Superman? It's what Dick did when he became Nightwing.

Kurt Russell Crowe
12-15-2008, 01:17 PM
Azrael's back. Thats neat.

The Crushtacean
12-15-2008, 01:20 PM
Wow. Never though I'd hear about him again. When's the last time we've seen Azrael?

When he died at the end of his own series, just post No Man's Land. I'd be very surprised if this was actually Jean-Paul Valley.

ZombieSpeedball
12-15-2008, 01:21 PM

I just thought of this: DC's schedule for shit and timing sucks. Who says that's when this is happening?

ZombieSpeedball
12-15-2008, 01:23 PM
So wait... Batman and the Outsiders dropped the "Batman and" from their title? Huh. Guess they'd kind of have to.

LenNWallace
12-15-2008, 01:34 PM
Man, DC has lost me... Only things in there I want are the new Scalped trade, the new Y hardcover, and maybe the Dini/Timm Batman HC.

Joe Kalicki
12-15-2008, 01:44 PM
So wait... Batman and the Outsiders dropped the "Batman and" from their title? Huh. Guess they'd kind of have to.

Kind of makes the renumbering look stupid now.

Like all renumbeirngs are.

ZombieSpeedball
12-15-2008, 01:45 PM

True. I have the entire last run of The Outsiders, so it is kind of irritating to have that start over like it does.

Master Jack Rabbitt
12-15-2008, 01:47 PM
:rock:

NickT
12-15-2008, 01:48 PM

The renumbering probably made them a whole bunch of extra cash.

Fake Pat
12-15-2008, 01:51 PM
The DC solicits continue to look sad as hell.

2 books for me. 2 books. And one (Lo3W) shouldn't even be in those solicits.

ZombieSpeedball
12-15-2008, 01:51 PM
The renumbering probably made them a whole bunch of extra cash.

I don't know, man, at least with the last Outsiders series, there was a reason for that team being put together. With Batman and the Outsiders... well, I've still been kind of trying to find the point to this team.

Joe Kalicki
12-15-2008, 01:53 PM
Just because a renumbeirng might make the company more money doesn't mean I or any other fans shouldn't think it's stupid.

MabusRex
12-15-2008, 03:01 PM

I actually have to disagree. I'm definitely liking the new look. Very Templar-ish. Actually making me pick it up, even though I have never bought anything with Az in it before.

Also picking up the GL books and possibly the Secret Six.

Oh and:

GREEN LANTERN: SINESTRO CORPS WAR VOL. 1 TP
Written by Geoff Johns and Dave Gibbons
Art by Ethan Van Sciver, Ivan Reis, Patrick Gleason and others
Cover by Ethan Van Sciver
The landmark story arc that shook the Green Lantern Corps to its foundations is collected in this trade paperback volume featuring the best-selling GREEN LANTERN: SINESTRO CORPS SPECIAL #1, GREEN LANTERN #21-23 and GREEN LANTERN CORPS #14-15!
Advance-solicited; on sale April 29 • 176 pg, FC, $14.99 US

Fuckin' FINALLY. Been waiting on the soft-cover forever!

superstring
12-15-2008, 03:04 PM
Am I correct in assuming that Batman isn't appearing in the "Batman" titles and Superman isn't appearing in the regular "Superman" titles? WTF!!

My guess is that since the Tangent Superman maxiseries is over, DC is filling that void with SUPERMAN: WORLD OF NEW KRYPTON #1. It is listed as a 12 issue maxiseries. Is this book going to be worth getting for the Superman fans?

Ray G.
12-15-2008, 03:50 PM
Am I correct in assuming that Batman isn't appearing in the "Batman" titles and Superman isn't appearing in the regular "Superman" titles? WTF!!

My guess is that since the Tangent Superman maxiseries is over, DC is filling that void with SUPERMAN: WORLD OF NEW KRYPTON #1. It is listed as a 12 issue maxiseries. Is this book going to be worth getting for the Superman fans?

I mean, it's a key part of Superman's story, so it seems like a good buy to at least try out.

I don't think this is really equivalent to Tangent's Reign. That was a niche miniseries. This is like those auxilliary Spider-titles they used to launch in the 1990's. Sensational and the like. It's a key in-continuity part of the story.

c.rob
12-15-2008, 04:03 PM
Wasn't the Kolins Grundy book a one-shot at some point?

Auguste Miller
12-15-2008, 04:04 PM
I get trades/HCs and i dont think there is anything i want right now !

is Superman any good (i only read Braniac arc) ?

the Wein/Wrightson swamp thing looks interesting...would this run feel "old" to a younger reader ?

Ray G.
12-15-2008, 04:09 PM
Wasn't the Kolins Grundy book a one-shot at some point?

There's a Johns/Kolins Grundy one shot in January. This is what spins out of it.

Evan the Shaggy
12-15-2008, 08:00 PM

He was a husband and a father. A brother and a friend. A cop and a dark knight. But he had all that taken away. And in return, he was given a suit of sorrows, a quest for redemption and a new name. He is Azrael, avenging angel for the Order of Purity and a new protector for Gotham City's troubled times. But who will protect the citizens from him?

One step forward, two steps back.

Pretty sure this isn't Jean Paul Valley, which is shame.

Yes he "died" at the end of his series, but it was extremely ambiguous.

ZombieSpeedball
12-15-2008, 08:07 PM
At least by that point Trinity will almost be over. What do you think they'll be doing after that series for a weekly?

ZombieSpeedball
12-15-2008, 08:09 PM
I just noticed this as well: Apparently Simon Dark is ending. Huh, I suppose that's another one added to the list for cancellations.

Slewo.O
12-15-2008, 08:11 PM

Different guy.

Slewo.O
12-15-2008, 08:13 PM

Does it really matter? That's probably just the style Pete Woods drew him as, plus a disguise isn't very good if anyone can tell who you are.... That and it makes little logical sense for Robin to start appearing in the Superman books.

Joe Henderson
12-15-2008, 08:16 PM
Does it really matter? That's probably just the style Pete Woods drew him as, plus a disguise isn't very good if anyone can tell who you are.... That and it makes little logical sense for Robin to start appearing in the Superman books.

Yeah, I'm not so sure his physique matters that much...Superboy's look has changed over time, and could again. After all:

http://paratime.ca/dclegends/pics/dcl/superboy001.jpg

Though I do have to say, his last incarnation and look was by far my favorite.

ZombieSpeedball
12-15-2008, 08:21 PM

You're right. Makes no sense whatsoever for different things to happen to Batman's supporting cast during his disappearance. And it makes no sense for Robin to appear in any Superman comics, despite the fact that... well, I don't really have anything clever to say, so I'll just say why wouldn't he appear in Superman comics?

Slewo.O
12-15-2008, 08:23 PM
You're right. Makes no sense whatsoever for different things to happen to Batman's supporting cast during his disappearance. And it makes no sense for Robin to appear in any Superman comics, despite the fact that... well, I don't really have anything clever to say, so I'll just say why wouldn't he appear in Superman comics?

Wouldn't he be more interested in protecting Gotham City in Batman's absence than take care of Superman's problems for him? That and it'd be pretty weird for Tim to suddenly have superpowers that he never uses to fight crime in addition to all the hints pointing to Conner.

Slewo.O
12-15-2008, 08:24 PM
Yeah, I'm not so sure his physique matters that much...Superboy's look has changed over time, and could again. After all:

http://paratime.ca/dclegends/pics/dcl/superboy001.jpg

Though I do have to say, his last incarnation and look was by far my favorite.

Also to be fair Woods also drew Superboy-Prime the exact same fashion as Nightwing if I remember correctly in the one-shot during Sinestro Corps.

ZombieSpeedball
12-15-2008, 08:27 PM
Look at it this way: we haven't seen any indication of what Tim could be up to soon. He doesn't appear on the cover of Battle for the Cowl, or Teen Titans #69 (haha). Wouldn't it make more sense for Tim to go on a quest of rediscovery with Superman, just like Dick did years ago, than for them to somehow explain Conner coming back to life and becoming Nightwing for some reason?

Supreme Convoy
12-15-2008, 08:29 PM
I'm tempted to buy a good chunk of the Bat-family books.

And ya know what? Out of all these books, I'm most excited for the Solomon Grundy mini-series! I'm debating on getting the mini-series or waiting for a paperback...

Slewo.O
12-15-2008, 08:29 PM
Look at it this way: we haven't seen any indication of what Tim could be up to soon. He doesn't appear on the cover of Battle for the Cowl, or Teen Titans #69 (haha). Wouldn't it make more sense for Tim to go on a quest of rediscovery with Superman, just like Dick did years ago, than for them to somehow explain Conner coming back to life and becoming Nightwing for some reason?

No, not really. I can see Conner becoming Nightwing, considering Nightwing is of Kryptonian origin in the first place, in addition to the idea of how would Tim be able to get into the Fortress on his own without Superman knowing, and why he isn't protecting Gotham.

Just cause he's not on a cover doesn't mean he isn't there. And like I said before it makes less sense for Tim to be hanging out with Superman than fulfilling his duty to protect Gotham.

ZombieSpeedball
12-15-2008, 08:31 PM
Wouldn't he be more interested in protecting Gotham City in Batman's absence than take care of Superman's problems for him? That and it'd be pretty weird for Tim to suddenly have superpowers that he never uses to fight crime in addition to all the hints pointing to Conner.

It's not like Tim's never headed out of Gotham before. And I explained my thought process earlier on: he's faking the powers, he doesn't really have them (Legion flight ring, etc.). I mean, who do you think that Flamebird is?

Slewo.O
12-15-2008, 08:34 PM
It's not like Tim's never headed out of Gotham before. And I explained my thought process earlier on: he's faking the powers, he doesn't really have them (Legion flight ring, etc.). I mean, who do you think that Flamebird is?

For one where would Tim get a Legion Flight ring? Plus the whole telekinesis thing that was always Conner's shtick and I don't think he'd go out of his way to say that if he was faking them.... Plus I really don't know who Flamebird is.

Plus kind of a bad time to leave Gotham when the place is going to hell.

ZombieSpeedball
12-15-2008, 08:40 PM
No, not really. I can see Conner becoming Nightwing, considering Nightwing is of Kryptonian origin in the first place, in addition to the idea of how would Tim be able to get into the Fortress on his own without Superman knowing, and why he isn't protecting Gotham.

Just cause he's not on a cover doesn't mean he isn't there. And like I said before it makes less sense for Tim to be hanging out with Superman than fulfilling his duty to protect Gotham.

I think Nightwing has become well enough associated with Batman continuity that they're not just going to switch it back entirely. Look at the solicitations for Teen Titans. It implies someone has left, and every other member of the team is, well, on the cover. So there's no Robin on the team. Now, Robin and Nightwing have been cancelled. Why bother cancelling Robin? Unless he's changing costumes and codenames? And becoming Nightwing? It's either seeing one character we already have, alive, coming in to take the mantle of who was basically his older brother, or bringing Conner back to life (already) and having him become Nightwing, with a "mysterious" Flamebird, who seems to clearly be Bette Kane, who would be much more likely to be with Tim than Conner.

ZombieSpeedball
12-15-2008, 08:42 PM
For one where would Tim get a Legion Flight ring? Plus the whole telekinesis thing that was always Conner's shtick and I don't think he'd go out of his way to say that if he was faking them.... Plus I really don't know who Flamebird is.

Plus kind of a bad time to leave Gotham when the place is going to hell.

Oh, I don't know... Superman?

Dude, DC's schedule and timing sucks. We have no idea when this story takes place in relation to Battle for the Cowl.

Slewo.O
12-15-2008, 08:43 PM
I think Nightwing has become well enough associated with Batman continuity that they're not just going to switch it back entirely. Look at the solicitations for Teen Titans. It implies someone has left, and every other member of the team is, well, on the cover. So there's no Robin on the team. Now, Robin and Nightwing have been cancelled. Why bother cancelling Robin? Unless he's changing costumes and codenames? And becoming Nightwing? It's either seeing one character we already have, alive, coming in to take the mantle of who was basically his older brother, or bringing Conner back to life (already) and having him become Nightwing, with a "mysterious" Flamebird, who seems to clearly be Bette Kane, who would be much more likely to be with Tim than Conner.

I forgot... Did they say Flamebird is a new character or an old one in the costume? They did reference Nightwing and Flamebird being of superman origin in the Superman Museum in Legion of Three Worlds which kinda implies the people underneath the mask aren't just Batman Family wannabees.

Plus if it was really Tim and Bette Kane, where'd they get the tech from and why would they waste their time with Superman rather than protect Gotham? Those are the things that prevent me from accepting the idea that it's really Robin underneath the mask... Plus I doubt Tim would be crazy enough to hang out with Superman's crowd considering how crazy it'd be for a normal human boy to hold Superman's fortress by himself against military guys with his powers.

ZombieSpeedball
12-15-2008, 08:46 PM
I forgot... Did they say Flamebird is a new character or an old one in the costume? They did reference Nightwing and Flamebird being of superman origin in the Superman Museum in Legion of Three Worlds which kinda implies the people underneath the mask aren't just Batman Family wannabees.

Plus if it was really Tim and Bette Kane, where'd they get the tech from and why would they waste their time with Superman rather than protect Gotham? Those are the things that prevent me from accepting the idea that it's really Robin underneath the mask... Plus I doubt Tim would be crazy enough to hang out with Superman's crowd considering how crazy it'd be for a normal human boy to hold Superman's fortress by himself against military guys with his powers.

Alright, enought with saying "why would he help Superman?" Because he friggin' would, that's why. He's not 13 anymore, you know. :D

Humphrey_Lee
12-15-2008, 08:47 PM
I'm down to less than half a dozen DCU books now. Even with my massive Vertigo pulls, I'm not even getting 20 titles from them anymore. So sad...

Slewo.O
12-15-2008, 08:48 PM
Alright, enought with saying "why would he help Superman?" Because he friggin' would, that's why. He's not 13 anymore, you know. :D

If it was Tim it'd be easy for one of those General Zod loyalists to tear him in half or turn him into dust or any number of ugly deaths.... I think he'd be more at home fighting a guy with a shiv than a guy with heat vision. Again it's also moreso the idea of why would he abandon his home when it needs him most?

Also where'd you get the idea it was Tim in the first place if I may ask?

ZombieSpeedball
12-15-2008, 08:57 PM
If it was Tim it'd be easy for one of those General Zod loyalists to tear him in half or turn him into dust or any number of ugly deaths.... I think he'd be more at home fighting a guy with a shiv than a guy with heat vision. Again it's also moreso the idea of why would he abandon his home when it needs him most?

Have you not been reading what I've posted? We don't know this shit's happening at the same time.

1) It looks just fucking like him.
2) The cape. Same damn style.
3) Because his "older brother" was Nightwing before him, and since he's most likely not going to be Robin, he'd probably be Nightwing.

Slewo.O
12-15-2008, 09:02 PM
Have you not been reading what I've posted? We don't know this shit's happening at the same time.

1) It looks just fucking like him.
2) The cape. Same damn style.
3) Because his "older brother" was Nightwing before him, and since he's most likely not going to be Robin, he'd probably be Nightwing.

1) Nightwing was drawn the exact same way Woods has drawn some of his other male characters so it's kind of a moot point.

As for the other 2 wouldn't really know how to answer em... I'll just take a wait and see approach on this. Adios hombre and good night.

XXXenophile
12-16-2008, 01:10 AM
At least by that point Trinity will almost be over. What do you think they'll be doing after that series for a weekly?

Didio has said the next 2 weeklies won't be year long ones. Smaller length.

And the one thing I really like bout this month's solicits are all the various Battle for the Cowl stuff (with the obvious exception of the main 3 parter) is that they're all regular priced.

Nothing jacked up because its a one shot or mini so it'll make it easier for most people to buy probably all of the material. But we'll see as the next two months go by as to what else they produce.

Masculine Todd
12-16-2008, 07:56 AM

Stop being argumentative. It's comics. It wouldn't be difficult for Tim to get powers. Zombie Speedball isn't saying it's definitely Tim, but he is implying that it could be, and all your absurd arguments are predicated on the notion that "this is too far-fetched or beyond the character's comfort zone." The DC characters are malleable. There is no "comfort zone" for a legacy character like Robin. He could easily be Nightwing for a brief period of time. He may not be, but that doesn't mean it couldn't happen. It's comics. It's not a stretch.

ZombieSpeedball
12-16-2008, 08:06 AM
Stop being argumentative. It's comics. It wouldn't be difficult for Tim to get powers. Zombie Speedball isn't saying it's definitely Tim, but he is implying that it could be, and all your absurd arguments are predicated on the notion that "this is too far-fetched or beyond the character's comfort zone." The DC characters are malleable. There is no "comfort zone" for a legacy character like Robin. He could easily be Nightwing for a brief period of time. He may not be, but that doesn't mean it couldn't happen. It's comics. It's not a stretch.

Once againg, Todd being awesome as hell. :D

Deej
12-16-2008, 08:10 AM
Once againg, Todd being awesome as hell. :D

Except, yeah, he's totally wrong here in this instance.

ZombieSpeedball
12-16-2008, 08:32 AM

Really. You really don't think there's any possible way that it could be made out to be Tim. There's really no way they could work that in a comic book. That would just be too much for all the fanboy minds to take, having Tim become Nightwing. Maybe. That would just boggle the mind. Really. You really think that there is absolutely zero chance of that possibility.

Master Jack Rabbitt
12-16-2008, 08:33 AM
I think that Tim as this Nightwing just sounds like a retarded idea.

Ray G.
12-16-2008, 08:34 AM
Really. You really don't think there's any possible way that it could be made out to be Tim. There's really no way they could work that in a comic book. That would just be too much for all the fanboy minds to take, having Tim become Nightwing. Maybe. That would just boggle the mind. Really. You really think that there is absolutely zero chance of that possibility.

The problem is, it's a fairly out-of-nowhere reveal. When it comes, there's really been no foreshadowing and the reveal would immediately require a ton of exposition.

Plus, let's be honest - it would just serve to piss off the Conner fans.

ZombieSpeedball
12-16-2008, 08:36 AM

Thank you for calling me retarded, I appreciate it. :)

ZombieSpeedball
12-16-2008, 08:39 AM
The problem is, it's a fairly out-of-nowhere reveal. When it comes, there's really been no foreshadowing and the reveal would immediately require a ton of exposition.

Plus, let's be honest - it would just serve to piss off the Conner fans.

But it's DC. It's not like shit like this hasn't been pulled in the past. And I'm just saying that it's possible.

Ray G.
12-16-2008, 08:43 AM
But it's DC. It's not like shit like this hasn't been pulled in the past. And I'm just saying that it's possible.

Well, yeah. It's also possible that it's Jason Todd. Or a teenage Clark Kent back from the past. Or a Legionnaire.

I just think it's a long shot.

We haven't seen Superman interact with them at all. Once he does, if he seems to know who Nightwing is and approve, I'll give your theory more credence. If he's surprised by Nightwing, then I think this "hero's journey with Superman" idea is a bigger stretch.

Deej
12-16-2008, 08:52 AM

well...i did forget when Bruce Wayne was irridated with gamma rays and flew around the world as a superhero. He had a lot of cool powers.

The cover does look like Tim but I would think it's silly for him to have powers now and having Superman keep him in charge against rogue Kryptonians.

Masculine Todd
12-16-2008, 09:17 AM

Do you read superhero comics?

Deej
12-16-2008, 09:19 AM
Do you read superhero comics?

Yes. Do you read DC comics, in particular Batman?

Masculine Todd
12-16-2008, 09:19 AM

Of course it does, but it wouldn't be beyond the realm of possibility, especially in the midst of DiDio's DC.

Masculine Todd
12-16-2008, 09:21 AM
Yes. Do you read DC comics, in particular Batman?

Not only do I read Batman, but I've read a copious amount of DC Comics, in which absurd changes to the status quo and unthinkable character crossovers occur. People who don't have metahuman powers are granted metahuman powers. Characters who seemingly wouldn't mingle with other sections of the DCU are constantly moved around to fit a story or concept.

It could happen. It isn't really an absurd line of logic, given that this is a shared universe.

Deej
12-16-2008, 09:24 AM
Not only do I read Batman, but I've read a copious amount of DC Comics, in which absurd changes to the status quo and unthinkable character crossovers occur. People who don't have metahuman powers are granted metahuman powers. Characters who seemingly wouldn't mingle with other sections of the DCU are constantly moved around to fit a story or concept.

It could happen. It isn't really an absurd line of logic, given that this is a shared universe.

True. But when's the last time you've read Bruce Wayne, Tim Drake, Dick Grayson, Barbara Gordon gain metahuman powers?

Masculine Todd
12-16-2008, 09:25 AM
Well, yeah. It's also possible that it's Jason Todd. Or a teenage Clark Kent back from the past. Or a Legionnaire.

I just think it's a long shot.

Long shot? Sure. Possible? Yes. It's DC. I apologize if I'm misrepresenting you Zomball, but it's not outside the realm of possibility.

Not necessarily aimed at you, Ray, but people who claim "that can't happen" in relation to things in a fictional shared universe is silly.

Masculine Todd
12-16-2008, 09:28 AM
True. But when's the last time you've read Bruce Wayne, Tim Drake, Dick Grayson, Barbara Gordon gain metahuman powers?

What was the issue of Batman Confidential in which Batman was endowed with Sups powers a year ago or so?

Moving past "powers," for a streetlevel set of characters, the JLA Classified arc by Morrison and McGuinness saw Batman with a mini-pocket universe in his closet.

Batman, as noir-ish and crime-oriented as his mythos seem to portray, constantly crosses over with the cosmic, the mythical and the powerful.

MAK15
12-16-2008, 09:33 AM
I thought we were supposed ta get Flash: Rebirth in March?
eh, oh well.

Doug
12-16-2008, 09:46 AM
Nightwing could be Dick Grayson. He is already Batman's Nightwing, now he can be Superman's Nightwing. :crazy:

ZombieSpeedball
12-16-2008, 09:59 AM
Long shot? Sure. Possible? Yes. It's DC. I apologize if I'm misrepresenting you Zomball, but it's not outside the realm of possibility.

Not necessarily aimed at you, Ray, but people who claim "that can't happen" in relation to things in a fictional shared universe is silly.

Nah dude, it's cool, I totally get what you're saying. I've more or less just been going on the fact that it seems Tim won't have a lot going on for himself for a little bit. I mean, I'm fairly willing to bet he's not going to be the new Batman. Not only that, but it appears he's no longer on the Teen Titans. And Nightwing also appears to be missing from his team. My best assumption would just be that everyone's getting a promotion in the cave:

Dick Grayson: Batman
Tim Drake: Nightwing
Damian Wayne: Robin

Not saying "that's what's happening". Just saying it's possible. I mean, why else bother cancelling Robin if Tim is still going to be Robin after all of this?

ZombieSpeedball
12-16-2008, 10:06 AM

Right now. With the new Superman/Batman arc.

Master Jack Rabbitt
12-16-2008, 11:36 AM
Thank you for calling me retarded, I appreciate it. :)

:thumb:

Auguste Miller
12-16-2008, 11:46 AM
WHERE THE HELL ARE THE ABSOLUTES I WANT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

While at the same time Marvel is coming out with too many Omnis...

*OMG DC*

CWebb
12-16-2008, 11:50 AM
Is Johns off of Superman after New Krypton? I've been somewhat out of the loop with my comic news as of late.

Ray G.
12-16-2008, 12:27 PM
Is Johns off of Superman after New Krypton? I've been somewhat out of the loop with my comic news as of late.

The next Action arc was planned to be a Secret Origin story anyway. They decided to make that its own mini, and put Rucka on the title in the interim.