PDA

View Full Version : Why do Bendis kid stories have the opposite effect of Kathy Lee Gifford's do?

Evan Wiener
12-15-2008, 08:27 AM
Other than the obvious fact that Kathy Lee Gifford isn't funny.

Maybe the braggadocios stories of "everything my kid does is cute" are tiresome, while the occasional story of experiencing things kids do with an adult perspective is always funny.

McJerk
12-15-2008, 08:29 AM
Bizarro no comprende

Gordon Chumway
12-15-2008, 08:29 AM
This thread has nothing to do with KLG's hairstyle.

Jim T.
12-15-2008, 09:09 AM
Kathy Lee's kids don't typically go for the eyes...

Jerome Gibbons
12-15-2008, 09:11 AM
...buh?

Albert
12-15-2008, 09:14 AM
Weird thread.

Does Kathy Lee Gifford still talk about her kids a lot? Is there no more contemporary reference?

nihilance
12-15-2008, 09:21 AM
Yeah...kind of creepy.

RickLM
12-15-2008, 09:23 AM
Weird thread.

Does Kathy Lee Gifford still talk about her kids a lot? Is there no more contemporary reference?

When I talk to her on the phone, she still goes on and on.

Evan Wiener
12-15-2008, 09:26 AM
Typo. Different effect THAN KLG do.

She is on Today show now, I think.

Bendis should host a new "Kids Say the Darndest Things". With less Jell-o product placement.

Stark Raving
12-15-2008, 10:44 AM
I'd still do KLG. :shifty:

Kedd
12-15-2008, 10:46 AM
I'd still do KLG. :shifty:

Your name makes more sense now

BENDIS!
12-15-2008, 10:51 AM
listen, its clear that my children wll be the greatest singer songwriters of thier generation, there's no reason to come out and brag how much better they are as human beings than you as well. that would be douchy.

JoshRector
12-15-2008, 11:51 AM
In a somewhat series attempt to answer the question... because out of all the stories I've heard Bendis tell (mostly from The Bendis tapes), they tend to come from a perspective of "I'm enjoying being a father," rather than "my kid is better/smarter/cuter than all other children before him!"

One is a joyful sharing of a common experience. The other is based in a narcissistic assumption that you have never known a child that is this cute or interesting, so listen to her story and finally know the true joy of parenting... which you've been missing out on so far because you aren't Kathy Lee Gifford.

Evan Wiener
12-15-2008, 11:55 AM
Having friends that have kids, I think the stories about how to get your kids to like Led Zeppelin instead of The Wiggles are perfect for a more modern version of "Parenting" magazine. Seriously, that knowledge has value!

My wife and I are hoping we can get a family started soon. We're hopeful the Alt Rock music won't get replaced by saccharine sweet nonsense.

Ben
12-15-2008, 11:57 AM
Whenever someone tells a "my kid did something cute" story, I just think about how similar it is to any of my "my cat did something cute" stories.

Evan Wiener
12-16-2008, 06:40 AM
My dog does things that are cute. Sometimes they're really funny, sometimes they're "you had to be there" moments.

Like last night. I was on the couch enjoying a snack, and he crawled on the back of the couch, puts his paws on my shoulder, and sticks his head right next to mine, expecting a bite of my low fat Strawberry Pop-Tart.

Dreg
12-16-2008, 11:10 AM
listen, its clear that my children wll be the greatest singer songwriters of thier generation, there's no reason to come out and brag how much better they are as human beings than you as well. that would be douchy.

Have they been drafted into the Merry Marvel Marching Band yet?

schizorabbit
12-16-2008, 11:29 AM
My seven year old son and I were riding along, listening to the radio when Kate Perry's new single, "Hot and Cold," came on. The second line goes, "You PMS like a bitch I would know." My son goes, "Dad, she just said I pee a mess."

Here's the video: listen for the second line. I think my son was right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcWph0oN75s

My son then asked, "Why would she pee a mess?" I went, "Maybe she drank a lot."

Evan Wiener
12-16-2008, 11:33 AM
Hah!

BENDIS!
12-16-2008, 11:41 AM
i took my oldest sledding yesterday and i bumped my ass so hard i bruised it!! i had to take a fucking pain pill to sit. the usm pages i wrote last night be weird.

RickLM
12-16-2008, 11:42 AM
Having friends that have kids, I think the stories about how to get your kids to like Led Zeppelin instead of The Wiggles are perfect for a more modern version of "Parenting" magazine. Seriously, that knowledge has value!

My wife and I are hoping we can get a family started soon. We're hopeful the Alt Rock music won't get replaced by saccharine sweet nonsense.

My kids end up liking something if its been in a movie. They suddenly like Black Sabbath because of the Iron Man movie. And they got turned on to the White Stripes because of Napolean Dynamite.

schizorabbit
12-16-2008, 11:48 AM
i took my oldest sledding yesterday and i bumped my ass so hard i bruised it!! i had to take a fucking pain pill to sit. the usm pages i wrote last night be weird.

Does the bruise squirt blood out like your elbow after your ice skating fall? And whenever you squeeze it, a bloody geyser shoots out of your ass?

You, dear sir, may have just found your new superpower.