PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Omnibuses?

twigglet
12-12-2008, 06:07 AM
So I love the Ultimate Universe. It's awesome seeing the reimaginations of these characters, and I love how I can keep track of everything.

But my collection is so scattershot, some HC's, some trades, some single issues. I want some omnibuses! Surely a Millar HC with the 25 issues and the annual would sell well! I'd buy every single USM Omniboo they released.

So does anyone know if there's any plans to release these?

Ryudo
12-12-2008, 06:09 AM
Omniboos!

Corey A.
12-12-2008, 06:14 AM
The only one I've seen was a USM that collected through the Venom arc.
http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Spider-Man-Collection-Michael-Bendis/dp/0760761337/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1229094827&sr=8-6

twigglet
12-12-2008, 06:15 AM
The only one I've seen was a USM that collected through the Venom arc.
http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Spider-Man-Collection-Michael-Bendis/dp/0760761337/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1229094827&sr=8-6

That's frickin awesome! Anymore planned?

charlie
12-12-2008, 06:18 AM
I think that USM was a special Barnes and Noble edition and I don't think anymore are planned, though I don't have any special insight into this sort of thing. The OHC are definitely the collections of choice for me, and all seem to be quality products.

twigglet
12-12-2008, 06:24 AM
I think that USM was a special Barnes and Noble edition and I don't think anymore are planned, though I don't have any special insight into this sort of thing. The OHC are definitely the collections of choice for me, and all seem to be quality products.

I would love to get everything in Ultimate OHC. But I can't find the second Spider-man one anywhere, and I want to try and get everything in the same format.

Akira
12-12-2008, 06:24 AM
Shit, I should really pick up that USM collection. $45 for almost 1000 pages of one of my favorite ongoings is a steal! Plus it makes it easier to lend out to folks than my floppies.

twigglet
12-12-2008, 06:27 AM
Shit, I should really pick up that USM collection. $45 for almost 1000 pages of one of my favorite ongoings is a steal! Plus it makes it easier to lend out to folks than my floppies.

If it could ship to the UK easily, it'd be amazing. I just think an Omniboo line of Ultimate books would sell great.

Criden
12-12-2008, 06:27 AM
I hope not, I love Omnibuses and would like for them to continue coming out for a while.

majorjoe23
12-12-2008, 06:29 AM
It seems like The Ultimates would be a natural fit for one. I'm surprised they haven't done one.

ClintP
12-12-2008, 06:31 AM
I have quite a few of the Ultimate HCs. I prefer to have the same size for stuff as well, so I boycott the premiere ones for anything Ultimate, but I have lower standards on the other series outside Ultimate stuff and as long as they are consistent I am happy with it.

I have USM HC 1-current
Ultimate Team-Up HC
Ultimates 1-2 HC
Ultimate Galactus Trilogy HC
and UXM HC vol 1

twigglet
12-12-2008, 06:32 AM
For those who buy the HCs. Do they regually come back into print? I would love the second Spider-man one.

Corey A.
12-12-2008, 06:34 AM
It's a pretty sweet collection. I bought it when it originally came out & have enjoyed it many times. I wish they'd do more.

ClintP
12-12-2008, 06:34 AM
For those who buy the HCs. Do they regually come back into print? I would love the second Spider-man one.

I think on ones they keep the line going on, yes. But on some things, they are starting this procedure to print the same thing in tpb form and charge the same price... See Ultimate Team-UP HC to tpb for an example of this.

I think for the USM, you should be able to find it once they solicit new ones. Did they not do this for the one in this month's current Previews? THey usually say, "Also availible are ____"

charlie
12-12-2008, 06:36 AM
No once they are OOP that is normally it, but check out cons and eBay. For most of the Ultimate HC's, there are normally a ton floating around in the secondary markets. One exception is the Ultimate Team-Up HC that ClintP has, which I am jealous of. I lucked into a USM Vol. 2 for 1/2 cover price at WW Texas...

Simps
12-12-2008, 06:38 AM
I hope not, I love Omnibuses and would like for them to continue coming out for a while.
What?

Corey A.
12-12-2008, 06:38 AM

Marvel has been reissuing out of print TPB recently like Marvel Boy & the Simonson Thor trades are coming back into print. I'm not real sure about hardcovers. You may be better off trying eBay or Amazon for those.

ClintP
12-12-2008, 06:39 AM
No once they are OOP that is normally it, but check out cons and eBay. For most of the Ultimate HC's, there are normally a ton floating around in the secondary markets. One exception is the Ultimate Team-Up HC that ClintP has, which I am jealous of. I lucked into a USM Vol. 2 for 1/2 cover price at WW Texas...

I got that team up this year for cover at a store in OK that a buddy found for me. I think the store was called Speeding Bullets or something like that. It was the store in Norman, OK and apparently they have a metric ton of HCs and tpb. I was trying to see if they had the Alias omnibus there too, but that was a no go. :(

Criden
12-12-2008, 06:40 AM
What?

A little dry humor concerning the word "ultimate."

ClintP
12-12-2008, 06:41 AM
Marvel has been reissuing out of print TPB recently like Marvel Boy & the Simonson Thor trades are coming back into print. I'm not real sure about hardcovers. You may be better off trying eBay or Amazon for those.

They have put them back in print before I think. Around the time USM HC 6 or 7 was solicited, they put some of the middle ones back in print I think. Or they just pointed out they had more of them in stock. I am pretty sure it was in the Marvel Previews catalog.

Corey A.
12-12-2008, 06:42 AM

Ultimate Marvel Team Up will be a tough find. It's been out of print for quite a while in the OHC format. I'm glad I got mine when I did. I've been taking it to cons & have quite a few of the artists that worked on the book sign & sketch in it.

twigglet
12-12-2008, 06:42 AM
I think on ones they keep the line going on, yes. But on some things, they are starting this procedure to print the same thing in tpb form and charge the same price... See Ultimate Team-UP HC to tpb for an example of this.

I think for the USM, you should be able to find it once they solicit new ones. Did they not do this for the one in this month's current Previews? THey usually say, "Also availible are ____"

I can't really check out previews. There is no longer any comic shops near me, and amazon.co.uk or E-bay don't have the second HC.

Damn collectors mentality, I like my books looking similar.

ClintP
12-12-2008, 06:45 AM
I can't really check out previews. There is no longer any comic shops near me, and amazon.co.uk or E-bay don't have the second HC.

I am a slave to that as well. I don't understand why they don't keep things consistent for us OCDers.

Bad news for you though...

I saw this on dcbs. Looks like USM is a victim of the tpb style reprinting...
ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN ULTIMATE COLLECTION VOL 1 TP *Special Discount*

Written by BRAIN MICHAEL BENDIS Pencils & Cover by MARK BAGLEY Collecting the groundbreaking first year of Ultimate Spider-Man in one colossal trade paperback! High school, puberty, first dances - there are many pitfalls to being young. Compound these with intense personal tragedy and super human powers, and you can start to visualize the world of Peter Parker, a.k.a. Spider-Man. Following the murder of his uncle and the Green Goblin's assault on his high school, Peter finds himself on the brink of manhood: getting a job at the Daily Bugle to help support his widowed aunt and taking on extracurricular activities - such as bringing down the Kingpin, the head of organized crime in New York City! Collecting ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #1-13. 352 PGS./Rated A …$24.99 ISBN: 0-7851-2492-6

http://ist.atc.cx/InStockTrades/large/JAN072434.jpg

Corey A.
12-12-2008, 06:48 AM
I am a slave to that as well. I don't understand why they don't keep things consistent for us OCDers.

I am one as well.

charlie
12-12-2008, 07:10 AM

twigglet, check your PMs.

xhondax
12-12-2008, 07:14 AM
I have the Barns and Noble collection and love it. Would really like Marvel to put out another book like that collecting that next 3 OHC and one that collects the frist 3 OHC of Ultimate X-Men. I thought they would do this when the last movies came out but no luck.
I lucked into my copy of Ultimate Team Up on ebay a couple of months ago for cover price. The only shitty thing about it is the dude glued in a picture of Joe Quesada and had him sign it. Why, I don't know but the book is fucking rad.

Corey A.
12-12-2008, 07:26 AM
I have the Barns and Noble collection and love it. Would really like Marvel to put out another book like that collecting that next 3 OHC and one that collects the frist 3 OHC of Ultimate X-Men. I thought they would do this when the last movies came out but no luck.
I lucked into my copy of Ultimate Team Up on ebay a couple of months ago for cover price. The only shitty thing about it is the dude glued in a picture of Joe Quesada and had him sign it. Why, I don't know but the book is fucking rad.

I've bought stuff from that guy before too. I was able to get the picture out. It's only a sticker. I heated it up with a hair dryer & it came right out. It was in my Annihilation OHC

Maestro
12-12-2008, 07:30 AM
I started reading Ultimate Spider-Man with that omnibus. One of the best blind buys ever. I remember reading that thing for four hours straight, went to sleep, and then finished the rest in two hours

xhondax
12-12-2008, 07:35 AM
I've bought stuff from that guy before too. I was able to get the picture out. It's only a sticker. I heated it up with a hair dryer & it came right out. It was in my Annihilation OHC

Ok cool I think I'll try that.

cmoney
12-12-2008, 03:34 PM
I too obsessively buy all the Ultimate stuff in OHC, so I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to do with things like Ultimate Hulk vs. Wolverine (since the scripts are finished now) or Ultimate Human, or some of the other miniseries, not to mention Ultimatum. Hopefully they'll pack a bunch of this stuff into some sort of "themed" OHC.

ZombieSpeedball
12-12-2008, 03:46 PM
I'd rather just see some more stuff get put into OHCs, like maybe finish of Ultimate Iron Man and put that into one, and finish off the Daredevil and Elektra trilogy finally and put that together. And then do something with Ultimate Origins and Ultimatum together.

But then... hmm... what's to be done with Ultimate Adventures?

Mark4myself
12-12-2008, 04:38 PM
I only buy my Ultimate stuff in OHC. I was fortunate enough to track down the Barnes & Noble Ultimate Spider-man Omnibus for $25 used! Now I'm hoping to one day track down the Ultimate Team-Up OHC although I may eventually cave and buy it in TPB. I've noticed that Ultimate Spider-man has a softcover Ultimate Collection as does Ultimate X-men (two volumes actually); so I'm doubting reprints of the HCs. It's a shame really. Overall I wish Marvel would be more prompt and on top of dishing out the HCs since I prefer them to the softcovers. It seems that it takes forever for them to come out and on some titles I'm not even sure if they're going to do one. At least the Ultimate Universe seems to always get the HC treatment, at least for the series.