PDA

View Full Version : Buffy Season 8 Hardcovers?

Akira
12-07-2008, 02:19 PM
I've been holding off on buying the trades because I'm hoping they will eventually come out in HC, but I haven't heard anything. Has there been any word on if Dark Horse is doing this?

Hochler
12-07-2008, 02:23 PM
There was a limited edition HC version of the first trade, but that's it so far. They have been talking about collecting all of Season 8 in one or two big books, but I don't think there have been any details released for that yet.

Uther
12-07-2008, 02:25 PM
I'm in pretty much the same boat. I just kinda assume when they're done with the 40 issue odd run they'll do a big absolute style omnibus or two collecting the whole thing.

Akira
12-07-2008, 02:33 PM
So the first hardcover was only the first arc? Not worth picking up then. Thanks. Hopefully they'll put out some deluxe sized HCs soon.

NeverWanderer
12-07-2008, 02:46 PM
Does Dark Horse typically do big hardcovers, though? I can't think of any that I've seen -- aside from Hellboy, which, how long did it take to get those into one big collection?

I'm just going the soft-trade route.

Jonathan Callan
12-07-2008, 02:51 PM
Does Dark Horse typically do big hardcovers, though? I can't think of any that I've seen -- aside from Hellboy, which, how long did it take to get those into one big collection?

There's a Goon collection that's pretty large, as I recall.

Ben
12-07-2008, 02:52 PM
Hardcovers of season 8 would look weird next to my paper cases of seasons 1-7.

Hochler
12-07-2008, 03:10 PM

There's an absolute-style Umbrella Academy coming out, I believe.

The Doctor
12-07-2008, 04:08 PM
There's an absolute-style Umbrella Academy coming out, I believe.

It's out already:)

I couldn't HC wait on this, the trades are grand:D

Auguste Miller
12-07-2008, 04:28 PM
Yeah Dark Horse is not real reliable on HCs. Ive been waiting for my BPRD Library editions (like Hellboy ones)...wont be coming out ! ;(

Petyr Baelish
12-07-2008, 05:16 PM
I expected more from their Grendel Hardcover collection, too. Devil Quest and Devil Child should have been secondary to the Christine Spar and Brian Li Sung stories being reprinted as hardcovers.

The Batman/Grendel HC was canceled at the last moment, as well. A few copies were released and now fetch a pretty penny.

Disappointing.

Akira
12-07-2008, 05:22 PM
Good to know. Thanks everybody. I'll just start picking up the trades from here on out. Maybe I can find some good deals around con season.