PDA

View Full Version : 'Firefly' lights up Sci Fi summer

BENDIS!
06-14-2005, 07:16 PM
'Firefly' lights up Sci Fi summer

Sci Fi Channel has acquired "Firefly," the short-lived primetime series from "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" creator Joss Whedon that aired on Fox in 2002, from Twentieth Television. Fourteen episodes, including three that never aired, will begin airing on Sci Fi in July. The acquisition is timed to capitalize on the upcoming Universal Pictures release "Serenity," which is based on "Firefly." (Staff report)

James Patrick
06-14-2005, 07:18 PM
'Firefly' lights up Sci Fi summer

Sci Fi Channel has acquired "Firefly," the short-lived primetime series from "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" creator Joss Whedon that aired on Fox in 2002, from Twentieth Television. Fourteen episodes, including three that never aired, will begin airing on Sci Fi in July. The acquisition is timed to capitalize on the upcoming Universal Pictures release "Serenity," which is based on "Firefly." (Staff report)

That's tits.

For the girls, that's dick

CraigM
06-14-2005, 07:18 PM
Oh damn, that's hot.

I'm goin' to try and watch it.

Craig

VKValentine
06-14-2005, 09:24 PM
Can't believe i waited so long to check this out. Recommended to EVERYONE.

WAKKAJAWAKKA
06-14-2005, 09:28 PM
Sweet.

Wayno.

Scottie
06-14-2005, 09:30 PM
So if Serenity does well, Sci Fi plans to swoop on in there and have Firefly be its next "Sci Fi Original Series".

icemanx62
06-14-2005, 09:30 PM
More Whedon Goodness!

Petey Parker
06-14-2005, 09:31 PM
So if Serenity does well, Sci Fi plans to swoop on in there and have Firefly be its next "Sci Fi Original Series".

Until they cancel it for it being too expensive :)

I just borrowed the series from somebody at work. I was just about to watch the first episode in a few minutes actually :)

alexlannin
06-14-2005, 09:57 PM
Wish I had a Tivo.

Scottie
06-14-2005, 09:59 PM
Until they cancel it for it being too expensive :)

I just borrowed the series from somebody at work. I was just about to watch the first episode in a few minutes actually :)
Even if that were true, any amount of new Firefly would be better than nothing. ;)

WinterRose
06-15-2005, 01:06 AM
Too bad they didn't pick it up when Whedon approached them before. You know, when they were actively looking to continue producing episodes of the show? I guess it took the success of Battlestar Galactica to show the folks at Sci Fi that a space show could actually do WELL on a Science Fiction channel. Go figure...

Caley Tibbittz
06-15-2005, 01:10 AM
One the one hand, the return of Firefly to television would be... well, the greatest thing in the history of television...

....on the other hand, the execs at the SciFi Channel don't seem much brighter than the ones at Fox. I'll stay tuned, but probably for disappointment.
:grin:? :(?

Bill?
06-15-2005, 02:07 AM
Shiny.
get people ready for that big damn movie.

dougmac
06-15-2005, 05:23 AM
this is cool for people who don't have the dvds, but don't get your hopes up. Sci-Fi is never going to spend the kind of money it would take to get this show back into production. Just enjoy it for what it is.

dEnny!
06-15-2005, 05:38 AM
Season Pass on my TiVo here we come!

Rick_O
06-15-2005, 05:40 AM
Now I don't have to buy it yay!

xyzzy
06-15-2005, 05:49 AM
One the one hand, the return of Firefly to television would be... well, the greatest thing in the history of television...

....on the other hand, the execs at the SciFi Channel don't seem much brighter than the ones at Fox. I'll stay tuned, but probably for disappointment.

They're running with Battlestar Galactica, so they're doing something right.

alan
06-15-2005, 06:27 AM
This really is an excellent idea, especially from a marketing standpoint. BSG and SG1 fans will dig the hell out of Firefly, and there are a ton of people out there who have never heard of it.

--Alan

DanLTaylor
06-15-2005, 09:19 AM
As long as more people get the opportunity to see Firefly I am happy.

Ths show is so friggin' good it deserves a larger audience.

GelfXIII
06-15-2005, 09:22 AM

You mean the people who cancelled Farscape at the height of it's popularity?
:nonono2:

Artie Pink
06-15-2005, 10:09 AM
This better not interfere with further showings of Mansquito.